• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
Cotter

New BF Video from Canada

28 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2018 at 0:12 PM, NatFoot said:

Not sure why that couldn't be a moose...

Its definitely not a Moose. It’s much taller than it is wide even when it turns and walks away.

Here again it’s either a dude in a suit or a Bigfoot.

I think the fluidity of movement and especially the acceleration evident as the subject moves off through the trees argues against a suit. Has anybody checked to see if Thomas Steenburg researched this as he lives in Alberta? I just sent him a PM with the question.

Edited by Airdale

This was not so easy to find. Here is the 2014 discussion: http://bigfootforums.com/topic/49723-massive-alberta-bigfoot-freaks-out-family/

Here is the original Video by Youtube user foxrf600 from Jan 27, 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l96zvON3Rk8&list=UU6LDbdNMl2GsT4WEo33YunQ&index=1

Youtube Jan 27 2014.jpg

We found in 2014 that there was a very suspicious edit where the part of the video that would have showed this thing in the open was removed.

A shorter clip and dramatic music in 2018 shouldn't make it more credible now than it was then.

Edited by Redbone

I just replied to your message Airdale, I used to live in Alberta. Move to the lower main land of British Columbia in 2002.

Thomas Steenburg

Edited by steenburg

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 4:47 PM, Airdale said:

With regards to the subject being a moose, no adult that I've seen in the wild or in photos have been anything but a very dark brown verging on black, while the subject in the video is the rich auburn often reported in Sasquatch sightings. Also, of the moose I've observed in the wild that reacted at all, it was a glance in my direction while they continued feeding. Of the folks I know who have had a reaction, it has always been in cases where they surprised one, usually while on horseback, and it reacted aggressively. The family was obviously a considerable distance away and unlikely to be perceived as a threat to a moose. I snipped the following two images from the video and ran them through PhotoZoom Pro 6 to reduce the digital artifacts, then adjusted exposure in my photo editing software. The first shows what appears to be a primate like posterior, while the second could be shoulders and head, with the head angled forward. I've always thought this was a legitimate video though this is the first time I've invested any time in closer analysis.  

Alberta 2 (resized).jpg

Airdale,

I recall this video as well, for myself, I always thought it could be a moose, not sayin' it is, just that I could see it bein' a moose based on what I see, my opinion is all.

Pat...

bm-moose.jpg

moose from behind comparison.jpg

Good comparison photos.

This was one of the few and far between videos that at first view looks legitimate....

Big Stinky

Hmmm.   It is an interesting video.   It could be a moose.   It is difficult to be sure without dragging your belief system in and just assessing the video itself.   I think, unfortunately, that means even if it is a bigfoot, it's not strong enough evidence to be useful, it's just a curiosity.

MIB

I agree. Of course I lean towards moose,but it is unsolved. 

Have a look at Bigfoot Tony's breakdown on YouTube, some nice enhancements and observations. 

I tend to think it's not a moose either. The color of the subject looks like a reddish brown and I've never seen a moose in that color. Just take a look at a bottle of Moose Drool and you'll see. ;)  The subject appears to raise up and then walk off into the woods.

I also think something to keep in mind are the comments by the witnesses themselves; they got the best look at it. I mentioned this before but I think we need to remember they got a better look at the subject since they were seeing it in person while we're seeing it in a video, and a camera makes distances look longer. Wouldn't the witnesses have been able to tell if it was a moose, from their vantage point? You never hear anyone say "Is that a moose?", or even if it was a bear. The young girl says 'It's not a human" which would seem to indicate she was seeing something on two legs. If the subject had been a moose, wouldn't she probably have been able to tell? 

Like so many other videos, it will remain inconclusive.

To me, it kind of looks like a bear killed a deer or something.  The black portion being the bear and the brown being the deer or other brown animal.  The video is just too blurry to tell for sure what we're seeing unfortunately.