• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
Big Stinky

Stacy Brown latest skumk ape photo/video

32 posts in this topic

HMMM to me it isn't a very convincing photo. Nothing about the size, shape etc. really seem like it couldn't be a costume. Especially the narrow, sloping, shoulders.  I always wonder too if someone has such a good video, why release a single frame from it and then just crickets?  To me that isn't a good sign.  That's just how I interpret things.  I'd like it to be real and a good quality video, but I am not overly hopeful.  Apparently the posters over at Crypto feel the same way... 

No comment on the authenticity of the subject. I haven't followed Stacy's field work lately though his thermal video from, I believe, 2012 has always struck me as legitimate. I ran this image through PhotoZoom Pro 6 to reduce digital artifacts and smooth it up a bit. I saved that image and opened it in PhotoPlus X7, my normal image editing software. I used the clone tool to cover some of the foliage obscuring the subject. To do this, I copy visible parts of the subject that are adjacent to hidden parts, and use them to cover the foliage. I do not claim that this produces an accurate final image, but it sometimes aids in getting an idea of what's shown by eliminating distracting elements. This is a technique that I frequently use when restoring damaged historic photos at the Montana Military Museum, though on those I usually have similar images to use as a guide. As an example, I scanned a print of a championship rifle team from 1910 that was ripped across the middle. Where the damage covered some of their '03 Springfield rifles, I copied the same parts from undamaged parts of the image. In the case of this image, I try to make an educated guess as to how the image would look without the intervening leaves and branches.

The subject's body seems to be facing obliquely to its right which would account for the narrow aspect to the shoulders. The only detail on the head appears to be an ear in about the center, indicating the head would be facing roughly 90 degrees right and the face in profile. The top of the head is hidden and gives no clue to the shape so I left it as is. The visible arm shows pretty substantial musculature with well developed traps. Again, I offer no opinion on the authenticity of the subject, this is just an interpretation of how it might appear in the open.

5231DB51-6DFF-4FDF-945A-9FB494AEB89F-e1512148021693 (resized).jpg 

Thank you for sharing. It is quite clear. That part is impressive. I was never convinced with  the authenticity of  his thermal video and this photo even less so. 

My thought on the thermal that Stacy made, is that if it was not an actual creature it must have been CGI. I'm not an authority on CGI but have read that it is difficult to place moving computer generated figures behind existing portions of an actual scene. In the thermal video, the subject is seen swaying behind the tree on the left before moving to the tree on the right which it reaches in one step and is then seen moving behind that tree. I don't recall the measured distance between the trees, but when the Finding Bigfoot crew re-enacted the video at the same location using Bobo as a stand-in, it took something like 2 1/2 of his leaping steps to cover the same distance; the subject in the video was also much larger than Bobo who is over 6' and heavily built. If there is someone on the Forum with expertise in CGI, maybe they will offer some input.

On 2/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thank you for sharing. It is quite clear. That part is impressive. I was never convinced with  the authenticity of  his thermal video and this photo even less so. 

Agreed.  Cannot say with certainty that either are faked but they are ambiguous enough that I’m not convinced.  Would be nice to be wrong however.  Hope more information comes along.  

I played with the image as well, mirrored the face etc. Personally, looks like a guy in a suit.

stacy brown image edited.jpg

^^^ Scoftics take note: a proponent just assessed evidence and found it lacking.    Remind me .. what is it scoftics contribute that is of value again? 

MIB

15 minutes ago, PBeaton said:

I played with the image as well, mirrored the face etc. Personally, looks like a guy in a suit.

stacy brown image edited.jpg

So is the general consensus here that we are seeing the front of the face or a side view?  I thought that was some ear we are seeing.  If not, weirdest nose ever lol!

Edited by Twist

Great job Pat, that makes more sense than mine as it better accounts for the otherwise apparent body symmetry. I wasn't entirely happy with my result but mirroring it never occurred to me. Your depiction reminds me of the M113 Creature, popularly known to Trekkies as the "Salt Vampire" from the original Star Trek series episode "The Man Trap" that aired early in the first season in 1966. Though the "Salt Vampire" was actually played by a young lady, Sandra Gimpel, in a suit;)

M-113_creature.jpg5a7b672f0007b_stacybrownimageedited.thumb.jpg.b9df61580ba9d523a766e810b6304899.jpgSandra_Gimpel.jpg

Edited by Airdale

Twist,

To me, my opinion, it's lookin straight at us. My rendition can easily be off somewhat, but like I said, I mirrored the left side for the right, then tweaked it. There does appear ta be a branch that goes up the centre of the face pretty much that I had ta account for. Just my rendition is all.

If a ear Twist, which way do you think it might be facin' ?

Airdale,

Thanks ! To be honest, when I first looked at the image, I wasn't impressed with the appearance of the subject, an wasn't goin' ta bother, but...seen you had took the time ta give a better look, so, figured I'd try an show what I see.

Pat... 

3 hours ago, MIB said:

^^^ Scoftics take note: a proponent just assessed evidence and found it lacking.    Remind me .. what is it scoftics contribute that is of value again? 

MIB

If you're referring to sceptics, their role is to point out no one's handing out medals for not being so credulous that you think A.L.F. there is a genuine bigfoot.

At least it's not an alligator leg bone. 

My first reaction seeing the photo is it is doctored.  I'm no expert in photo analysis but I do use graphics software often.  The creature looks pasted in.  The alleged species is clear in focus and it contrasts with other elements in the photo which appear less clear but are of approximate same range.  Also, the BF does not have a lot of cover.  The species is known for being savvy with their environment and so it would not make sense one is too stupid to figure out he/she has poor cover.

Edited by Arvedis

Well....a gator leg bone is a honest mistake. The swamp thing costume? Not so much.....