wiiawiwb

Sasquatching Alone

78 posts in this topic

The mines here are pretty deep.   I don't worry about collapse under me.   I do worry about overhead collapse if I go underground.    Of that sort, my biggest worry is around the willow swamp where I found the two very large turds last summer.   There's a whole river underground somewhere ... not just a hole, but probably strainers of roots anyone falling in will find themselves pinned against.   I hope when I go back next summer I can find an angle to get a picture that will make it more sense.

I have not been out there in the field in that part of the state to know the geology very well.     Very different than here.   The department of the interior just approved some exploratory drilling up NE of Mt St Helens in the Goat Mountain area.   Environmentalists are going ballistic.     A Canadian mining company thinks there is copper and gold there.    I hate to see people in there because there are a lot of BF sightings in that area.    Come to think of it,   that area is probably only 20 or 30 miles from the Miners cabin location.   Not sure how they were doing with their mine before the incident and they never went back.    Those "boy scouts" sure scared those miners off.  

Yeah, I heard those scouts were really going ape, not just monkeying around. 

Lava tubes introduce a new factor for sure.  We don't have them, don't know of any in the Cascades nearby.     One of the retired high school teachers told me of caves somewhere under a rim rock on private land.   I have not found any, the only things I've tracked down have turned out to be mine shafts and are blocked by heavy iron gates.   Caves wouldn't entirely surprise me here, we're in a transition band with sea floor debris accretion on one side and lava on the other.   It's not a clean break, each intrudes into the other with interesting effects at the boundaries.