OkieFoot

2009 Ontario Bigfoot Photo

10 posts in this topic

I didn't see this posted in the past, though maybe I missed it. Sorry if I did. I came across this the other day and thought it was an interesting photo so I figured I would put it on here.

The photo is in a short video and according to the video, it was taken in Ontario in 2009, and the woman saw the figure a short distance away and managed to get the picture before the figure disappeared.

I was curious if anyone knew any background of the picture or if anything more is known about it. I thought the head position was interesting.

Unfortunately an ad is in the video but fortunately, you can skip it. The Bigfoot part should be 1:22 long; hopefully everything will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TkNr6ZlGa8

Edited by OkieFoot

That is some major bulk on whatever that is!

Yeah, that one was discussed in length.  I can't recall for the life of me what the thread was called.  This particular post is 'funny' b/c it's a different backstory.

Someone will remember better'n me, I'm sure.

Here's another link.  

https://www.sasquatchcanada.com/ontario-sightings.html

I believe the thread here may be have Temagami in the title....

Ah ha!  Here's the original BFF thread:

I thought this turned out to be still from a BF movie.  It seems very familiar but being from 2009 I’m sure it’s made the rounds so that may be why it seems familiar.

^I had thought that was offered up as a suggestion.  Not 100% sure tho.

Thanks, Cotter and Twist. The photo was interesting enough that I figured it had been talked about on here before and that someone knew more on the background of it. I probably didn't go back far enough when I looked.

The hair seems to match the costume from Letters From The Big Man fairly well.  

... note: whether you buy the premise or the details or not, you should watch it.   It's "home".   They've jumbled the geography a teeny bit, poetic license, but there's a scene of a distant vehicle on a highway heading for a bridge .. I've driven that hundreds of times.    Silver Creek .. is real .. and spectacular.    If you're at all familiar with Lou Gold and the logging protests on Bald Mountain back in the '80s ..  couple miles, max.  

Edited by MIB

^^ Good memory MIB.  Pretty sure that’s the one I’m remembering.  

The photos looked familiar and seeing the date on the thread, that's when I first started looking at the forum before joining the following February. Judging the quality of the photos based on the camera mentioned, if these photos were taken with it these are poor reproductions or the distance to the subject was grossly underestimated. The camera specified was a Canon Rebel with 300 mm telephoto and an 8 mp sensor. That would have had an APS-C size sensor, less than the size of a full frame equivalent and at a distance of 60 to 70 yards it would be capable of quite good imaging. The photos below are from the website stills, the first one as original, the second processed through PhotoZoom Pro 6 to reduce the digital artifacts and increase the detail.

The third and fourth photos are of an elk that I photographed on the mountain side across the road from my home on 10/23/07 at a distance of roughly 60 yards. The camera I had at the time was a Canon S2-IS with a 5 mp sensor about 1/6th the size of the APS-C sensor. I was at 12 X zoom which is a fairly close equivalent to the 300 mm used on the other camera. The first of the elk photos is of the complete frame and the second is a crop from the frame. Note that the elk photos, though made with a camera having a sensor with less resolution and much less area, are much more detailed and there is no doubt of the identity of the subject.

The camera purportedly used for the Sasquatch photos would be capable of taking a much more detailed photo at the distance reported, so unless these are very low resolution copies of the original file I have serious doubts, although the overall circumstances reported are not out of the ordinary for a sighting report. That's my two cents worth anyhow!

Ontario BF 4.GIFOntario BF 4 (resized).jpg

Elk 1.jpgElk Detail.jpg 

Great information Airdale.  This is why I like public forums.  The opportunity to read and interact with others that have expertise in fields I’m completely ignorant in such as photography.  ( and BF, depending who you ask around here lol )