BF getting hit by Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks and Trains

Explorer

The case below is the only case that I recall reading about whereas a motorcyclist had a collision with a bigfoot on the road. 

David Paulides summarized this case in his book, Tribal Bigfoot.  The case was told not by the primary witness but by the LEO who investigated the incident.

I would imagine that if a vehicle hit a bigfoot (at high speed) there must be blood and hair sample evidence on the vehicle’s grille, bumper, or hood.  In this motorcyclist case, the primary eyewitness claims that he grabbed hairs from the creature during the collision, but he did not share it with the LEO and the story ends without ever finding out what happened to this sample.

Unfortunately, all we got here is a story with no evidence.  On the other hand, that is what we got in most BF stories.

---------------------------------------

Extract from Interview with Greg Fork, in Tribal Bigfoot by David Paulides, pp.184-185

From September 2004 until August 2005 Greg spent the majority of his time patrolling and investigating arson fires in the same Yolla Bolly area.  There hadn’t been anything unusual happen until he heard a radio broadcast of an accident in late August 2005.  He was patrolling a region just outside Hayfork when he heard a call from the California Highway Patrol requesting assistance.  The patrol stated that they didn’t have any units to respond to a reported call of a motorcycle down on Highway 36 near “three towers” (three large transformer towers), approximately five miles west of the Wildwood Store.  This location is approximately two miles from Mud Springs.

Greg advised dispatch that he was only a few miles from the location and he would respond in his forestry truck.  He arrived at the scene in just under five minute and found a fully dressed Harley Davidson motorcycle lying in the middle of the highway.  The cycle had sustained major damage and it was obvious that it wasn’t drive-able.  The operator of the cycle was strutting around the scene in full leathers and helmet, and appeared to be very upset and nervous at the same time.  He also appeared to be clenching his right fist as though he was either holding something or about ready to hit someone.

Greg parked his truck partially in the road to act as a barrier at the scene and then slowly exited his truck to approach the operator.  The cyclist was a white male and stated that he wasn’t seriously injured, just bruised up, and didn’t need medical attention.  Greg asked the guy what had happened, and the cyclist stated that he was traveling the speed limit and came around a turn in the road.  Just as he was coming out of the turn he saw a huge bigfoot standing directly in the middle of the road.  The cyclist described the bigfoot as nearly seven feet tall, standing on two feet, reddish in color, completely covered in hair or fur, and very well built, very sturdy.  The cyclist had nowhere to go and had to run directly into the creature.  He got knocked down, his cycle knocked down the creature, and in the process of falling he grabbed a clump of hair from the creature.  That’s what was in his clenched fist.  The cyclist stated that after he fell he looked up to see the creature stand back up on two legs and run off the side of the road, apparently uninjured.

Greg examined that hair in the cyclist’s hand and found it to be over six inches long, reddish in color, with the appearance and consistency of pubic hair.  Greg said he has lived in the woods his entire life and knows the type of hair and fur that animals have at various times of the year.  He stated that the hair that was in the cyclist’s hand was not from a bear, as bears do not have a coat with hair that long or that color during that time of the year.  Greg asked the cyclist for a sample of hair and he was told “no way”.

An investigation was conducted at the scene and Greg could not find any hair on the pavement or cycle, and there was no blood visible.  A search was also made for tracks on the adjacent hillside and none were found.  There were no witnesses to the crash.  The cyclist was picked up by a friend and the motorcycle was later hauled from the scene by another acquaintance.

Greg explained that the motorcyclist was absolutely adamant that he had hit a bigfoot and seemed to be quite hyped up about it.  The claim by the cyclist, and Greg’s knowledge that bears don’t have hair like that in the cyclist’s hand, made Greg believe that the motorcyclist actually hit a bigfoot.  It may also be quite a coincidence that the accident occurred only three miles from where the hunters were harassed by a creature near Mud Springs.  Greg’s conclusion was that the motorcyclist hit a bigfoot and the creature left the scene uninjured.  The California Highway Patrol did not respond to the incident because the motorcyclist did not claim an injury.

--------------------------------------------

Given the large number of reported cases of bigfoot crossing the road, I suspect that there must be several cases out there of moving vehicles hitting a bigfoot.

I took a look at John Green’s database (and many thanks to Hiflier who collated 4,061 reports in Excel and shared a copy with me) and found about 15 cases. The two tables below summarize the limited data available on these 15 cases. 

I am sure there are more cases out there in the literature, websites, and forums but I did not do an exhaustive search.  I did not look into the BFRO or SSR databases since I just wanted a quick spot check to confirm that vehicular collision reports with BF are out there.

The green highlighted cases are just the 3 cases that seemed more credible to me. 

Observations from the limited data (15 cases listed above + motorcycle case) suggest:

• Only one case (out of 16) claimed to have killed a creature (the one that was hit by a train back in 1880s?); in all others cases the creature walked away.

• Hair samples taken in 3 only cases but one turned out bovine and other two had no further information.

• There is damage to vehicle in many cases but it is not clear if the original source had photographs of the damage. 

• With no body or DNA samples of blood or hair, we will never know for sure if the creature that was hit was extraordinary.

• All cases are poorly documented and lack convincing evidence that will suggest a vehicular collision with a bigfoot.

Assuming no bigfoot body will be collected at a collision site, the following is a partial list of ideal items to have from these types of reports:

• Full eyewitness report of accident

• Photos of damage to vehicle

• Photos of bigfoot footprints near accident site

• Samples of hair or blood collected from the vehicle impact site

• Proper analysis of these samples with laboratory report indicating likelihood of type specimen

• Incident report from Highway Patrol or LEO in charge

• Insurance claim report

Vehicular Collisions with BF Page 1.jpg

Vehicular Collisions with BF Page 2.jpg

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

These vehicle/BF accidents are about the best chance anyone has of getting tissue or a body.    Even though the BF can get up and move away, it might still be mortally injured and die close to the scene.     Someone needs to get there ASAP and follow blood trails etc.    We see that sort of thing all the time with deer and elk.     The problem being that while law enforcement may be a neutral party,   they would likely call state DNR or Federal equivalents for National Forest roads should a BF be injured.     Once that happens,  any body simply goes away and is lost from public access.   

A couple of years ago I sent two emails to NASA to try and connect with someone who would comment on a Moon event reported by two Australian astronomers back in the mid to late 1800's. Both times I got a boilerplate response back thanking me "for my interest in NASA". My guess is that any follow up inquiries from a single private citizen to any federal agency will be met with a similar response, "Thank you for your interest in ___________" (fill in the blank).  

Edited by hiflier

Sure would hate to hit a BF in my bike.  Sounds like the guy got lucky and must have slowed down considerably. My bike with me on it is in excess of 1000lbs.  Both BF and myself would be lucky to walk away in most instances I would guess. 

Just west of Kirkwood Ski Resort in the Sierras on Hwy 88 back in 2005, a man and his Family were coming from the Jackson area heading east. They came upon emergency vehicles on the right hand side of the road with one being an ambulance, fire engine, law enforcement and possibly the Forest Service. He and his Wife noticed something big covered up on the side of the road and were able to see large black hairy limbs sticking out. They thought that was strange seeing that. He told me of this just a couple of years ago. I told him it was unlikely that it was a bear and probably a Bigfoot that got hit either from a hay or cattle truck. And emergency vehicles wouldn't be there due to a bear and putting a tarp over it, they don't do that around here, Caltrans takes care of that. Anyways I couldn't dig up anything about it. Here's a photo of Caples Lake just west of the incident.

IMG_20171028_151003776_HDR.jpg

Edited by MindSquatch
  • Upvote 2

IMHO, the best source for these type of reports would be the local law enforcement officers who would arrive at the scene, make an objective assessment based on the evidence, and hopefully write the vehicle/animal collision accident report.

If humans get injured in the accident, then the likelihood of a more thorough investigation increases.

Even if Federal Agencies take over the operation for a body recovery, the local LEO will know what happened and they can tell the story (if they want to).

Also, eyewitnesses can report what they saw and there should be a paper trail from a car collision with heavy damage.

There are BFF members who work in law enforcement who know more about protocols and procedures in these type of accidents.  I welcome your comments on how likely it is for an officer to document an animal/vehicle collision in an accident report and how much detail is entered in those reports.

Back in the late 90's, in Catron County NM, the car ahead of me hit a deer head on (day time).  The deer went over his windshield, over top of car, and fell behind the vehicle and was going to hit my truck but I stopped on time.  The deer got up, and limped away into the valley.  I parked on the side of the road to check on the driver in front of me.  He was ok, but his car was totally destroyed.  This was before everybody had cell phones with cameras.  He asked me for a ride back to town (Datil) to call the sheriff and report the accident (and to get the car towed).   I would imagine that he needed an accident report from the sheriff for the car insurance claim.  My memory is not good enough to recall if I saw blood on the car's windshield - but we were both going at least 50 mph.

BFF Patron

I used to have a sheriff deputy who lived a few houses down.    He moved away before I got into BF research.      I would have liked to ask him if deputies admitted to road crossing sightings and what the climate was like in the department if they were reported.   The deputies in Clark and Skamania Counties in Washington have to have see a lot of BF.     I thought I saw a BF up on a ridge one time and parked by the road and was standing in the back of my pickup looking up there when a deputy stopped and asked what I was doing.    I said I thought I saw something moving up there and wanted to get a better look.   He asked if it was an animal.  I said yes.  He just shrugged his shoulders and left.  

The parallel to this is UFO sightings.    Commonly officers who have those sightings do not report them because they are ridiculed by their fellow officers.      Probably a good thing because while they are trusted observers I hardly think most are not qualified to sort out what is modern aircraft and what is extraterrestrial.     The longer I go after leaving the military the less qualified I am to assess that myself.  

Edited by SWWASAS

Admin
1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Commonly officers who have those sightings do not report them because they are ridiculed by their fellow officers.

I would suspect that reporting Bigfoot (or UFO's...) would not be conducive to an officer's career advancement possibilities.

I wonder what the body shop hears when doing repairs, in most cases I assume there is still residual hair and a dent/damage slightly larger than you average dog or even deer is going to do.  Maybe bear if your in the right area I suppose.....

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, VAfooter said:

I would suspect that reporting Bigfoot (or UFO's...) would not be conducive to an officer's career advancement possibilities.

I know airline pilots will not report UFOs   My company would send you straight to a shrink if you reported a UFO.    You would discuss what you were seeing with air traffic control so they had an idea of what it was doing but when they asked if you wanted to report a UFO you declined.  Air Traffic control could not make you report one.        My bigfooting has all been after I retired from the airline so I did not need to worry about my leisure activities being an issue.   

Edited by SWWASAS

2 hours ago, VAfooter said:

At this point in time, it would kill an officer's credibility in criminal cases.  First question on cross after the officer testifies that he saw the defendant running from the store with five pairs of Nikes in his arms, a store clerk running after him?  "So, officer, you can positively ID my client as the shoplifter?  The same way you identified that Bigfoot we read about in the newspaper?"  The latter part being said with an eye on the jury and a practiced smirk, as if she and the jury were all sharing the joke.

Here is a recent (2014) car collision with BF report from BFRO in New York state (Hamilton County).

BFRO categorized it as Class A.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=45831

I don't like it that the witness did not want to report the accident to police and claims that she did not know what to tell insurance.

Also, don't like that no photos of destroyed car were shared with the BFRO investigator; in this day and age of cell phone cameras?

This case sounds doubtful, but if it was real then it was a missed opportunity for BFRO to collect evidence.

Hopefully BFRO has better cases in their database of alleged car collisions with BF.

11 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I used to have a sheriff deputy who lived a few houses down.    He moved away before I got into BF research.      I would have liked to ask him if deputies admitted to road crossing sightings and what the climate was like in the department if they were reported.   The deputies in Clark and Skamania Counties in Washington have to have see a lot of BF.     I thought I saw a BF up on a ridge one time and parked by the road and was standing in the back of my pickup looking up there when a deputy stopped and asked what I was doing.    I said I thought I saw something moving up there and wanted to get a better look.   He asked if it was an animal.  I said yes.  He just shrugged his shoulders and left.  

The parallel to this is UFO sightings.    Commonly officers who have those sightings do not report them because they are ridiculed by their fellow officers.      Probably a good thing because while they are trusted observers I hardly think most are not qualified to sort out what is modern aircraft and what is extraterrestrial.     The longer I go after leaving the military the less qualified I am to assess that myself.  

This is a report from a CHP Officer of a Bigfoot sighting in Sonoma County CA where he didn't want his co workers to find out about what he saw while on duty.  http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=25260

Edited by MindSquatch

On 2/11/2018 at 9:15 PM, MindSquatch said:

This is a report from a CHP Officer of a Bigfoot sighting in Sonoma County CA where he didn't want his co workers to find out about what he saw while on duty.  http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=25260

Just wanted to make a correction from the bfro report above. I said the report was from a CHP Officer and is actually from a Law Enforcement Officer, not CHP.  There was another similar encounter to the south east of the report from above which involved a CHP Officer who didn't talk about it until after he retired, was afraid his Co Workers would make fun of him.

Guest GirlRobot

In Ohio, we have a law where you can claim the carcass of a deer if you call the wildlife agency within 24 hrs. Of course, this is allowed because we have an excess of deer. I would imagine my first thought (in a family of hunters) is to do the same and report an "unknown" animal, given that the BF is deceased and I am not, given the magnitude of crash that would be. People I know have hit deer and almost died (some friends of friends of friends actually have). A BF collision may be fatal. Barring that, I would report it as an unknown large animal. Then someone may actually show up to assess it, and more witnesses the better.