Peter Byrne, Esq. OK

joebeelart

Drove to Pacific City on the Oregon Coast yesterday to introduce two camp companions to Mr. Peter Byrne.  Peter is 92, approaching 93 and is in great health.  He guided us to a first rate little seafood restaurant and exhibited a good appetite.  His sidekick Hal Halderman came to lunch.  As an aside Hal, who I've known for about 20 years, quietly and happily reported Peter is still in great shape, climbing slopes and setting cameras. 

Peter was in good spirits and conversational; he solidly impressed my friends.  After losing John a month ago, I was relieved thinking it great news.   Joe Beelart here 

Peter spent a lot of time on and about the east, west and north slopes of Mt. Hood, but amazingly enough no time at all from south of Mt. Hood from where I took this photograph.   Please don't steal this click without my permission.  It was difficult to access the site and wait some days over a summer to take this photograph.

a Mt Hood from Devils Ridge_ Solstice  Low Res.jpg

Wow !  That didn't take long ......  In the USA esquire is normally attached to a lawyer or diplomat's name.  Esquire is an honorary title of respect in the British Isles and commonwealth.  Since Mr. Byrne was born in Ireland; and is certainly a diplomat of scientific research, I strongly feel Mr. Byrne deserves the title. 

• Upvote 4

Let's say we are not squatching alone, but in a group.  Let's say it is a group that is hiking rather closely together on a road, so it is not single file.  Does anyone know if the Sasquatch's infrasound ability is able to pinpoint a single individual in such a situation.  Basically, the question is do we think the infrasound is rather widespread or rather laser precision.  This did happen to a single person in a similar group.  But he may have just gotten sick naturally.

Infrasound operates as a general field.  It is, after all, sound.   Even if slightly directional, the sound itself does not target one person.   However, one effect seems to be to amplify emotional state, particularly fear.   In a group, the 3 dead calm people could be unaffected by a 10x increase in fear while those who were scared or apprehensive might be completely paralyzed.

MIB

xxxxyyyy

Let's try again.  Also, there's a lot more to our lunch with PB than here.  More later:

Peter is quite an authority on infrasound.  He has studied infrasound use by elephants in various controlled areas {zoo's}.  While I can not speak for PB, I think that ultrasound can probably be used on certain frequencies to communicate with one human; and / or to monitor that human. 

Specifically, a part native -American friend of mine has told me several times, in different contexts, that once "you" are connected with Sasquatch, they know when you leave home to go to the mountains.  There's a lot more to this topic, but as far as I know, Mr. Peter Byrne was a pioneer in  While I may be misspelling it, he wrote a book on a huge Nepal elephant, Tula Hati in which this topice was referred to, but not directly addressed.

Also, I just bought a copy of Peter's first book directly from him last week.  It is in only fair condition with a dust jacket {3 on a scale of 10}.  It was signed by Peter and has a note in the after pagers about how he wrote it in The Dalles.  $100 was my price and same to anyone on the list.  I will allow shipping and insurance.  joebeelart@comcast.net    Peter at 92, was in good health, cordial, and fun; as usual.  Also, not to worry, I have all of his 18 books signed, and several  extra copies, so this is not a loss to me.  From near Portland, Oregon, I remain yours Sasquatchedly, Joe Beelart.      Ps:  Hopefully soon, "Honoria Sasquatchian" pins available.  To be a "Clackamas Sasquatchian" there are requirements so far only met by 21 people {mainly you have to be on site over 200 hours}.   The photo is Mt. Jefferson in the eve before a Pacific storm.  I manage to stay dry that howling night with only a tarp.  {Have some experience in USMC, etc. and fortunately was alone only 15 miles from a "well" used road.

a Wet Trip 9 10 texted copy.jpg

Edited by joebeelart
font too small : will try again
  • Upvote 2

something is not going well with this post.  The book is a 3 on a scale of 10.  It is signed by PB and has a rear endpaper note about him writing it in 28 days long ago.  Paid $100 and will sell for such including shipping and insurance.  Use email above.  It was quite an adventure to go to the coast, cold driving rain on the beach, and then a great, one of the best, sea food lunches.  Later.  JHB

SSR Team

Cool, amazing he is in such great health at that age. Rock on PB..;)

Edited by BobbyO

BFF Patron

I think I made it down there to one of PB's  birthdays, 90th I believe, wonder if you ate at the same seafood restaurant. 

It is a beautiful area I wanted to visit again, but haven't been fortunate enough to set up shop out there.   Maybe when the weather breaks.

Glad he is still trucking it.  

Beautiful photographs BTW JB!

On a side note, the reality is there is no southern terminus to the Bigfoot highway.  It is simply the edge of a study area, and not a terminus at all.

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/20/2018 at 5:12 PM, joebeelart said:

While I can not speak for PB, I think that ultrasound can probably be used on certain frequencies to communicate with one human; and / or to monitor that human. 

Specifically, a part native -American friend of mine has told me several times, in different contexts, that once "you" are connected with Sasquatch, they know when you leave home to go to the mountains.  There's a lot more to this topic, but as far as I know, Mr. Peter Byrne was a pioneer in  While I may be misspelling it, he wrote a book on a huge Nepal elephant, Tula Hati in which this topice was referred to, but not directly addressed.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:57 PM, Talmadge Mooseman said:

Let's say we are not squatching alone, but in a group.  Let's say it is a group that is hiking rather closely together on a road, so it is not single file.  Does anyone know if the Sasquatch's infrasound ability is able to pinpoint a single individual in such a situation.  Basically, the question is do we think the infrasound is rather widespread or rather laser precision.  This did happen to a single person in a similar group.  But he may have just gotten sick naturally.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:21 PM, MIB said:

Infrasound operates as a general field.  It is, after all, sound.   Even if slightly directional, the sound itself does not target one person.   However, one effect seems to be to amplify emotional state, particularly fear.   In a group, the 3 dead calm people could be unaffected by a 10x increase in fear while those who were scared or apprehensive might be completely paralyzed.

MIB

Mr. Mooseman, let us put infrasound in context. Infrasound is not the means a Bigfoot or any species would use to communicate with a different species. Of course that is my interpretation but holds to reason. My understanding is it is just sound waves, not a language and therefore not a compatible comparison if say an elephant tried speaking to a tiger in infrasound. An animal might interpret the "emotion" of the communication if it was an angry infrasound message or frightened but if we are talking actual language then would that get into matters of the brain interpreting holographic images from the infrasound. This is not reproducible in clear terms to today's science (but you never know what this age of technology will bring. some scientists do experiment with it).  Regardless, a human is not going to be able to interpret infrasound communication and (in my theory) infrasound could adversely affect the human nervous system.  If the fellow is tossing his cookies and experiencing headaches, it is a good theory. 

It would be interesting to see an academic study on animals using infrasound to communicate with animals of a different species.

As far as being connected with Sasquatch outside the wilderness, that is not infrasound either. That would be telepathy or a form of clairvoyance.

I realize the infrasound discussion is off topic.  No disrespect to Mr. Peter Byrne or the forum.

Edited by Arvedis

The guy who became ill was the only who was a hunter.  The most experienced hiker in our group (by far) said that BF could tell by his posture that he was a hunter,and, of course, didn't like that.  He said he had seen that before, where the hunter gets targeted. This master squatcher subscribes to the Robert W. Morgan school of thought on Sasquatch.

• 3 weeks later...

I had not heard of Robert W. Morgan.  A quick search reveals a colorful, interesting story.  My favorite snippet so far is  “Life’s too short to dance with nasty ladies.Morgan says his favorite Friday nights are spent at the Grizzly Den in Whitefish, Mont., drinking Obsidian Stout, a brew the bar ships in from Bend, Ore., just for him."

I'm glad Mr. Byrne is doing well. Many years ago I bought a copy of his 1970's book "The Search for Bigfoot Monster Myth or Man?" which fell apart a couple of years ago. I replaced it last year with a copy off Ebay and this one is a signed copy; it was signed in 2013 for a couple he knew.  

I still got a chuckle out of Mr. Byrne's and Dennis Jensen's visit with Mr. Flumpf.

BFF Patron
On 2/17/2018 at 5:57 PM, Talmadge Mooseman said:

I agree with MIB's assessment.  My suspected infrasound recording shows the BF or whatever emitted it used a sliding scale as if trying to determine the exact frequency that caused the most effect on me.    It started at about 4.5 HZ ran up to 17HZ then dropped back down to about 14 HZ.    I have  seen the same effect demonstrated with those that use voice sound to break wine glasses.    They slide the sound up or down scale until the glass starts resonating and then it breaks.     Each human has to have a different frequency in which your internal organs would resonate because of size of the individual.     With my experience I felt a distinctive buzzing in my gut that turned to pain.   It seemed to be located in my pancreas or liver region.   The liver especially, since it is a blood cleaner,  would be particularly sensitive to disruption of blood flow and shock effects.   Probably an effect similar to being gut punched.   All this is theory and speculation but certainly infrasound is produces a sound that seems to surround an observer and not seem directional in nature when experiments have been conducted.  .    I think it unlikely that the BF could focus the sound on one person and miss others nearby.   The only way I can see that working was if a particular frequency or frequency effected one person but not others just because of differences in human physiology.    But since it is sound,   certainly the closest person to the emitter would get the most effect.      The force would drop off with the inverse square of the distance from the emitter to the victim.    Someone twice as far away would get 1/4 of the energy emitted.     Victim is a good word to describe how you feel. 

Joe back to the thread.     Did Peter ever have a sighting?   If not,   that is a real tragedy to spend all of those years looking and never have the experience.     For those that have or wish to,  it shows how difficult getting to see a BF really is.    

Edited by SWWASAS

Peter has not had a sighting.  He has said that many times without a hint of regret.  My opinion is he thinks some people lucky, some not. 

I have great respect for Mr. Byrne in many ways.  He husbanded the monies granted to him to search, research, and take copious notes.  He seems not a wealthy man, in money. from his decades of walking the hills.  He lives in a modest house and seems to live a modest life.  He is very loyal.  He suffers fools badly, there being a huge difference to him between those truly trying to learn and those who gather a sack of foolery.  I first met Peter at a field gathering of the Western Bigfoot Society in about 1999.  In the many times I've heard him present, I have never heard him "preach."  Yet, he continues to research, to search. 

Peter has not given up; he is one of the core, the foundation stones of modern research.  He and Hal, his current associate of many years, still set game cams and walk the timber and mountains of coastal northwest Oregon.  Like prospectors, I believe he will never give up the search.   

Joe Beelart here, near Portland, Oregon

{Just for the record, I am not a "follower" of PB.  Rather, I learn from him and form my own opinions.  One instance:  It is my thinking that PB considers Bigfoot near extinction and is rare east of the PNW.  I think they are "numerous" in many parts of the country.  Also, I have thought through a method, both through thought and field work, to entice the beings in at night; it seems PB only used the method one night; and, got results.  But, he does not encourage or clearly describe the method.  I'd rather not discuss the method now; maybe under another tab.} 

Edited by joebeelart
  • Upvote 2