Your favorite Youtube channel researcher

Referring to the OP, Desert Sasquatch has some interesting stuff, but he is very weak on any documentation and pans over it so quickly it's hard to see what he is seeing at times. I don't know if he even said what size those tracks were except smaller. Maybe I missed it. As far as using those trees, it seems like a stretch to me. Too small and far apart. Especially for the subject he seems to be showing in his stills. Although he does mention a lot of broken branches possibly being the result of using them. I have to wonder if he was expecting boot tracks because that was his excuse for walking on them before looking at them closely. I see him crossing tracks in the video and not even taking the effort to look at them. Not much of a tracker in my opinion. Most of these Youtubers must have the gift of gab to talk the whole time they are videoing. But I guess that's what makes it interesting enough for others to watch. 

• Upvote 1

Those are fair criticisms, these guys could perhaps benefit from a little stricter methodology at times. On the other hand, the goal of these field videos is to be immersive and illustrative, and I don't know if spending time measuring a footprint (for example) will translate well. Maybe. 

But at any rate, I think the current direction on youtube is extremely positive and productive. I've been meaning to see if I can get a little discussion going on Christopher Noel's recent podcast, which is 5 eps in, The Nearness of You, I'll just link the first ep here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsPfjg3jxZg&   It sort of serves as a weekly intro to various youtubers, with a common thread of sasquatch at the boundaries of human populations.

But it could be better served in the Urban Bigfoot thread, not sure. There's plenty to be said more generally about the current youtube BF community and what they're doing for BF research.

Other favorites are Utah Sasquatch and Colorado Bigfoot.

• Upvote 2

My favorite is Colorado Bigfoot, he has some really interesting country that he explores. 

As as far as the posted video I agree with Norseman, I see some trees and a gray rock. Those trees don’t strike me as being capable of supporting the weight of an average adult human much less a 500-800 pound super ape. 

Edited by Pdub

3 hours ago, Pdub said:

My favorite is Colorado Bigfoot, he has some really interesting country that he explores. 

I like his channel too, Pdub. He has posted some very interesting structures and stills, and I think his assessments of what is or isn't Sasquatch-friendly terrain and forest are pretty sharp. He's also described some encounters w/Sasquatch that are remarkable if true.

That said, I have a few gripes about his video editing and the way he documents interactions - the dude never met a video transition he didn't like, and the still images to which he resolves (after one of these transitions) are only onscreen for an instant before he moves on to the next one, so a bit more time and analysis would be welcome. Also, every time he uses the word "timestamp" I cringe - that word does not mean what he thinks it means. That said, I still think his channel is head-and-shoulders above almost all every other channel I've watched. he seems to have his head screwed on pretty straight, too, which is also not always the case, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

JustAGuy - I agree he does have some issues that if tweaked could really improve his videos. I think he’s a bit ADHD at times with the focus. When you find some interesting structure, look at it for more than 2 seconds. 

I ran this through PhotoZoom Pro 6 to clean up digital artifacts, then processed it through Topaz to adjust exposure, saturation, hue and enhance detail. I could see all kinds of things in it with a bit of imagination but certainly nothing definitive. The other images in the sequence were basically blurred blobs not even worthy of the term blobsquatch.

Original capture

Boulder 1.GIF

Adjusted image

Boulder 1 (resized).jpg

Edited by Airdale
Added original image for comparison

BFF Patron

Airdale looks like a bear in a tree to me.  Appears to have a long bear snout.      I dream about catching a BF in a tree.    Where is it going to run when I get the the base of the tree and start photographing?     We see  BF in tree pictures now and then but they are taken with cell phone cameras from a distance, and it never seems to occur to the photographer that walking closer would get a better picture.  

• Upvote 1

It does appear to have a snout, baboon is what immediately came to my mind. There is something that looks a bit like a hand on the right, but I suspect it is just some branches juxtaposed in a way to suggest that. I snipped six different images from the stills, this actually duplicates one of them; the others were unfocused so there was no way to determine if the image shifted in relation to surrounding objects, which would indicate a living creature as opposed to a stump or boulder. As has been mentioned previously, the videographer has a rather haphazard approach which makes it difficult to get a good handle on the overall picture. 

Being a Nebraska native also (spent my first 30 yrs there, now am in MT), I also doubt that BF could live in NE and stay out of sight.  Plus, consider the amount of hunting that goes on in the state, how well farmers and people know their land even if it isn't farmland.  There are areas that have cover (Ponca was mentioned), but IMO aren't big enough and are too well travelled by humans to allow a very large primate to live basically unseen.

• Upvote 1

Guest Hellbilly

Bob Gymlan, Colorado Bigfoot and Utah Sasquatch are my favorites. Utah Sasquatch aka Nathan Reo is someone who gets out there and is able to find structures and will show you how you can on his channel.