San Benardino, Calif. Bigfoot Lawsuit

hiflier

Got that right, my friend, LOL. But, would Ol' Stinky agree? Still nothing on the web about it since mid-February. Guess it's just interesting or..............It's TOO interesting :o B)

Edited by hiflier

I saw this from about 5 weeks ago...  https://www.sbsun.com/2018/02/12/crestline-woman-says-she-saw-sasquatches-in-lake-arrowhead-sues-state-to-get-species-recognized/

“If this goes to court, we will win, easily,”(Todd) Standing said in a telephone interview Friday. “It’s not a joke. The best wilderness experts in the world are coming out to testify. It’s amazing.”

Those experts include Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho State University, who has written extensively on the evolution of primates and authored a book on Sasquatch.

Bob Gimlin, who along with Roger Patterson shot the most famous footage of a reported Bigfoot sighting in Northern California in 1967, is also on Ackley’s witness list and should be testifying, Standing said.

Nothing new today. I don't think there's a whole lot of interest in this case outside of a few folks who have a real interest in bigfoot.

Edited by OldMort

1 hour ago, OldMort said:

Nothing new today. I don't think there's a whole lot of interest in this case outside of a few folks who have a real interest in bigfoot

Thanks for the link, Old Mort, the bolded above is what I meant to write when I posted this:

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Guess it's just interesting or..............It's TOO interesting

I had meant to say, "Guess it's just NOT interesting or..............It's TOO interesting". The link you posted is, again, over a month old. I tried looking up the case number on the San Bernardino county court's docket for today but didn't find it. Don't know what that means but if anyone has some ideas the case number is DS1801387. I haven't done an internet search to see if there is some kind of update but I'll bet Ms. Ackley or someone will have something to say if it indeed went to court.

There has been a request for dismissal.  There is a status hearing scheduled for 3/19 that shows as Vacated. No update beyond that.

Thanks, JustCurious, I don't think anyone is surprised including myself. A request for dismissal is to be expected.

15 hours ago, OldMort said:

“If this goes to court, we will win, easily,”(Todd) Standing said in a telephone interview Friday. “It’s not a joke. The best wilderness experts in the world are coming out to testify. It’s amazing.”

Those experts include Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho State University, who has written extensively on the evolution of primates and authored a book on Sasquatch.

Right...

* Dr. Meldrum, have you ever found any DNA of a 'Bigfoot'?

* certainly DNA technology has come far in the last 40 years, they can tell which bears pooped in a river up stream, and what kinds of fish are in the river simply by taking a water sample, and checking the DNA, have they ever found a Bigfoot?

* Has an aerial survey ever found a Bigfoot?  They count Elk, and Deer, and Moose with that, wouldn't a Bigfoot be of a size that an aerial survey would eventually find one?

* They found One wolverine in California, it weighs 30 pounds, are you telling me they can't find one of thousands of 400-pound PLUS beasts walking through the woods?

on and on...

• Upvote 3

Well, I guess that is one way to steer this into an existence vs. non-existence debate but IMHO I think there are enough other threads that would satisfy that discussion. So, any updates on the results of the lawsuit, Drew? 

Edited by hiflier

Doesn’t the lawsuit itself boil down to existence vs. non-existence?  I surely don’t expect Ackley to be bringing ppl like Meldrum to the table to discuss her loss of business revenue or public ridicule.  

Of course it is but the existence/non-existence issue for this thread is between her, the Responders, and the court. And that has nothing to do with any similar debates on existence here on this thread? This thread is to keep an eye on that debate as it relates to Ms. Ackley's case in court. 

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Right...

* Dr. Meldrum, have you ever found any DNA of a 'Bigfoot'?

* certainly DNA technology has come far in the last 40 years, they can tell which bears pooped in a river up stream, and what kinds of fish are in the river simply by taking a water sample, and checking the DNA, have they ever found a Bigfoot?

* Has an aerial survey ever found a Bigfoot?  They count Elk, and Deer, and Moose with that, wouldn't a Bigfoot be of a size that an aerial survey would eventually find one?

* They found One wolverine in California, it weighs 30 pounds, are you telling me they can't find one of thousands of 400-pound PLUS beasts walking through the woods?

on and on...

It would have been worth it to see Bob Gimlin pull his "look me in the eyes..." crap on the witness stand  :)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

Well, I guess that is one way to steer this into an existence vs. non-existence debate but IMHO I think there are enough other threads that would satisfy that discussion. So, any updates on the results of the lawsuit, Drew? 

Steer it?

What?

The lawsuit is basically suing California because they won't say it EXISTS.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Drew said:

Steer it?

What?

The lawsuit is basically suing California because they won't say it EXISTS.

:lol:

Saying so after the fact? Because that's nowhere in your post, Drew. It is a straight up non-existence statement on all points.

36 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

........"look me in the eyes..." crap.....

Uncalled for, Squatchy.

The whole case was just silly, there is not enough information available to prove the existence of Sasquatch.

• Upvote 2