Sasquatch In Your Backyard. Now What?

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

If you go to the webpage listed, some encounters have narratives.

yea there's some really interesting more recent reports there. thanks. wink.gif You don't hear about the shooting types of reports often.

I guess people decide to either sort it out themselves and keep it quiet or just call 911 these days. Except 911 doesn't work in the wilderness too well and has very long response times. biggrin.gif

JMO

Guest rockinkt

<snip>

Except 911 doesn't work in the wilderness too well ...<snip> biggrin.gif

You're right - 911 does not work that well in the bush as the following report indicates:

Two guys are out in the woods hunting when one of them falls to the ground. His eyes are rolled back in his head and he doesn't appear to be breathing. His buddy takes out his cell phone and immediately calls 911. Gasping, he says to the operator, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

"Take it easy and calm down," the operator says in a calm voice. "I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There's silence and then a shot is heard.

The guy comes back on the phone and says, "OK, now what?"

Guest tracker

You're right - 911 does not work that well in the bush as the following report indicates:

Two guys are out in the woods hunting when one of them falls to the ground. His eyes are rolled back in his head and he doesn't appear to be breathing. His buddy takes out his cell phone and immediately calls 911. Gasping, he says to the operator, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

"Take it easy and calm down," the operator says in a calm voice. "I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There's silence and then a shot is heard.

The guy comes back on the phone and says, "OK, now what?"

That's a good one biggrin.gif

Very soon if not already ? there's going to be conflicts fighting over Squatch & turf. Hey I'll start a thread on this. make sure you come over and help me out with explaining the competitive side that no one see's in the forums or off camera.

JMO dry.gif

yea there's some really interesting more recent reports there. thanks. wink.gif You don't hear about the shooting types of reports often.

I guess people decide to either sort it out themselves and keep it quiet or just call 911 these days. Except 911 doesn't work in the wilderness too well and has very long response times. biggrin.gif

JMO

Most of the shooting reports are ya-hoos that have under powered guns and wound BFs. They use 22s or shotguns, and hurt healthy BFs who either recover or die a slow death with infections. They have no idea how to wait for an hour, then track the blood trail. I'm surprised we don't hear of BF savage attacks on jerks in the woods with guns. BF might be smart enough to leave no evidence but I suspect they don't counter attack but just become more evasive. They must have a much differenct mentaility than humans. If someone shoots at me and misses, then I will hunt them until they can be held at gun point, disarmed, and arrested or shot. We humans may be more aggressive during counter attacks. Maybe BF just blames themselves, and learns to hide better.

Guest tracker

Most of the shooting reports are ya-hoos that have under powered guns and wound BFs. They use 22s or shotguns, and hurt healthy BFs who either recover or die a slow death with infections. They have no idea how to wait for an hour, then track the blood trail. I'm surprised we don't hear of BF savage attacks on jerks in the woods with guns. BF might be smart enough to leave no evidence but I suspect they don't counter attack but just become more evasive. They must have a much differenct mentaility than humans. If someone shoots at me and misses, then I will hunt them until they can be held at gun point, disarmed, and arrested or shot. We humans may be more aggressive during counter attacks. Maybe BF just blames themselves, and learns to hide better.

Yep I agree hunters taking crack shots at them and wounding only. Then chickening out when the time comes for tracking and finishing the job. Anyways I wanted this thread to be more about the habituation situations and living with them near by. smile.gif

JMO dry.gif

Guest tracker

Just wanted to post that some critters have been waking me up @ 3am like clockwork. I don't think it's Sasq but maybe it could be where I live? Anyways besides the very obvious signs like prints, scat, tree twist & break or calls. How would we know besides the smell if they were quiet?

JMO

Edited by tracker

Guest BuzzardEater

I think people like those you described are hauled into the lake and drowned. They are missing for a while, then the body is found. I've seen reports of this sort all my life. Poilice do not investigate drownings. Niether do insurance companies. I am not suggesting the BF know this, but that wouldn't surprise me, either.

Just wanted to post that some critters have been waking me up @ 3am like clockwork. I don't think it's Sasq but maybe it could be where I live? Anyways besides the very obvious signs like prints, scat, tree twist & break or calls. How would we know besides the smell if they were quiet?

You wouldn't unless they wanted you to. You couldn't depend on smells, because they don't all stink. One of my favorite ones smelled like horse sweat, & you had to be pretty close to her to even notice it.

On the bright side, though, they probably wouldn't be watching your house unless they wanted you to know.

Why don't you go out tonight & knock & see if you get an answer?

Edited to add: Just a little single knock. They don't like big loud ones.

Edited by Sasfooty

BFF Patron

I'd try something more definitive and identifiable to you like a finger pop in mouth/cheek. Hope your neighbors aren't close.

Guest wild eyed willy

What a question. I have thought about this for a long time now, and I have even squatched in my neighborhood, but found nothing of interest.

If I had activity this is what I would do, I would pick the brain of the one person I have ever known who could relate ( he knows who he is) Then I would sieliently build a rapore if possible. Once established I would invite my two state senators and my congressmen quietly over to show them, and demand they write legislation to protect the habitat and the creatures as well as their primary food sources. Thats what I would do.

One other thought, If I could communicate well with the creatures, I'd send one over to my exwifes house and have it poop on her car.

Guest tracker

You wouldn't unless they wanted you to. You couldn't depend on smells, because they don't all stink. One of my favorite ones smelled like horse sweat, & you had to be pretty close to her to even notice it.

On the bright side, though, they probably wouldn't be watching your house unless they wanted you to know.

Why don't you go out tonight & knock & see if you get an answer?

Edited to add: Just a little single knock. They don't like big loud ones.

I am not sure i would want them this close? I know my wife and kids won't. Besides they might be mad at me for something ? and followed me home. A couple of smart members PM me about that end of the bargain. I always drive minimum 30 minutes away from my place before searching.

Speaking of which does anyone know in the Erickson project how they say the Bf's found the home owners again 80 miles away?

JMO

Tracker, we went through a dry spell a couple years ago with no activity, "very quiet". Then the odd stuff started to happen that made ya go hmmm, maybe???. A research partner knew I was getting frustrated and suggested I hang a two way mirror from a tree. It was next to a bathroom window where underneath we found a peculiar stain 4 ft off the ground, looked like something urinated on the cabin (I did swab it and froze the q-tips just in case) same time frame the hand print was found on my sons window. I honestly felt foolish hanging the mirror from the tree, also hung a wind chime, lol. The first night I sat out nothing happened, no willys no creepy crawly feelings, but I was also sitting close to the cabin. The second night I sat out (same spot) I brought the camcorder outside with me, set it on night shot and just let it record. The back of the property slopes down to a valley that is bordered by the Ouachita national forest, I was facing that direction. At the end of the horse paddock where the property turns to woods I thought I kept seeing something move between the corner post of the horse paddock and the trees several times, I'd pick up the cam and just hold it on that location until me arm got tired. My cats started swarming around me and then left except for Mooseburger (black cat) I got bored and started filming the cat. The entire time I had been out there I was quiet. I started talking to the cat in a normal tone of voice and within a few minutes I had a "handful" of rocks come whizzing by me and they hit the b-b-q grill behind me. If I didn't have my hand through the strap I would have flung the camera. Nothing can whiz rocks like that but a human or a squatch, very doubtful it was human. I still have the tape, just don't know how to lighten it up or if it could be lightened up, I keep thinking that I might have caught what I was seeing in the shadows on the video.

So, if you think they are around your place, do something different. The only thing that was different was that I hung the 2 way mirror. On a side note, not sure if this was the irritant or not, but when the mirror would rotate in the lite breeze it would "reflect the light" from the bathroom window.

Another situation when my son and I both had a visual of a small biped that was followed by a rock lobbing incident back in spring of 06. The only thing that was done differently that day was my son was sitting out at the pic-nick table "practicing with a scratch turkey call", EXTREMELY irritating to the ears when it's not done properly. Maybe 2 or 3 hours after he came in the house I went out to walk to the mail box and heard 3 "loud clanks" what appeared to be metal on metal. The visuals and the rock lobbing incidents happened within minutes afterward.

Have no idea if the scratch turkey call was the irritant but it was something new and at that time we didn't own any turkeys.

Guest tracker

Tracker, we went through a dry spell a couple years ago with no activity, "very quiet". Then the odd stuff started to happen that made ya go hmmm, maybe???.

So, if you think they are around your place, do something different.

Have no idea if the scratch turkey call was the irritant but it was something new and at that time we didn't own any turkeys.

Hey thanks but I think it's just the regular critters like coons, coys setting the dogs off @ 3am. I see their scat in the yard and compost is always raided. However it made me consider what it would be like in the beginning before you start to see or hear them.

The only odd things are my Shepard won't leave the deck and barks towards the field & trees. I have to go out and shoo her off the deck for her to do her business . I take along look myself at the field and trees returning any stares?

I'll have to try some soft knocks or whistles the next time i get that uneasy being watched feeling. ph34r.gif