Sasquatch In Your Backyard. Now What?

Guest tracker

Anyone can say they would do this and that in the forums unattached. But your POV will change when you see how human they are closer up. So with that said what would you do?

Well, I don't have to speculate as to what I would do. I just have to look back over the past 6 years & remember. It's been quite a party.

First thing I did when I realized that they were definitely here, was contact researchers. At that point, I didn't worry about scaring them off, & it didn't. They are very good at avoiding researchers & their cameras, & just changed their routine a little until the cameras were gone.

I didn't try to hide my discovery, & told everybody that would listen. That was both good & bad. The good part was that several friends & neighbors realized that what they were seeing & hearing wasn't their imagination. It gave us somebody to talk to & compare notes with, and we have been a big help to each other.

The bad part was that we were watched for awhile & even had our phone tapped, but apparently whoever it was didn't find what they were looking for, & eventually moved on. I assume that since the BFs didn't live on the property, it was no problem for them to avoid detection.

As for what to do about the kids, I have a grandson that was 8 years old when this all started, & at the time, he was living mostly with us. Nothing was hidden from him, & he wasn't afraid of them. He even learned to do a pretty good whoop. None of us were afraid. I don't know why, but I never even considered that they might be dangerous in the beginning. Later, I had second thoughts, but nothing really bad happened.

There was nowhere we wanted to go, & we never thought about leaving. They didn't need any protecting, & can apparently feed themselves without any help.

After I got to know some of them, I became protective of them & stopped letting the researchers leave cameras, & quit talking about them to anyone other than those who already knew. I continued with cameras for awhile longer, but stopped that after I got enough to satisfy myself.

Yes, they used to peep in the windows, & occasionally rattle the screen door, bump the house, throw rocks on the roof, or tap on the wall & wake us up at night. But we knew who it was, & kinda thought it was fun, so nobody had a problem with it.

There were some rogues that came through occasionally, & they did cause some problems, but they haven't been here in a couple of years.

So, that's what I did, although things would be a lot different if I had known then what I know now.

Guest tracker

Well, I don't have to speculate as to what I would do. I just have to look back over the past 6 years & remember. It's been quite a party.

First thing I did when I realized that they were definitely here, was contact researchers. At that point, I didn't worry about scaring them off, & it didn't. They are very good at avoiding researchers & their cameras, & just changed their routine a little until the cameras were gone.

I didn't try to hide my discovery, & told everybody that would listen. That was both good & bad. The good part was that several friends & neighbors realized that what they were seeing & hearing wasn't their imagination. It gave us somebody to talk to & compare notes with, and we have been a big help to each other.

The bad part was that we were watched for awhile & even had our phone tapped, but apparently whoever it was didn't find what they were looking for, & eventually moved on. I assume that since the BFs didn't live on the property, it was no problem for them to avoid detection.

As for what to do about the kids, I have a grandson that was 8 years old when this all started, & at the time, he was living mostly with us. Nothing was hidden from him, & he wasn't afraid of them. He even learned to do a pretty good whoop. None of us were afraid. I don't know why, but I never even considered that they might be dangerous in the beginning. Later, I had second thoughts, but nothing really bad happened.

There was nowhere we wanted to go, & we never thought about leaving. They didn't need any protecting, & can apparently feed themselves without any help.

After I got to know some of them, I became protective of them & stopped letting the researchers leave cameras, & quit talking about them to anyone other than those who already knew. I continued with cameras for awhile longer, but stopped that after I got enough to satisfy myself.

Yes, they used to peep in the windows, & occasionally rattle the screen door, bump the house, throw rocks on the roof, or tap on the wall & wake us up at night. But we knew who it was, & kinda thought it was fun, so nobody had a problem with it.

There were some rogues that came through occasionally, & they did cause some problems, but they haven't been here in a couple of years.

So, that's what I did, although things would be a lot different if I had known then what I know now.

Yea i know Sas was thinking to try to help out anyone new to backyard Sasq incidents. You don't feed them do you ? Sure let them harvest from garden or fruit trees but people shouldn't feed them IMO. Pancakes that po's me when I hear crap like that. Sorry that lead to a dependency trust relationship then eventually someone betrays them.

Anyways GrayJay should have something to say on the topic. Maybe she can mentioned her view on feeding them? I thought it had something to do with scary cooking skills maybe? "thanks but no thanks Gj we on a special bark only diet" She won't like that I said that about her cooking. biggrin.gif I am sure she will have plenty to say now that i baited her. too funny, sorry Gj well sort of biggrin.gif

JMO tracker dry.gif

I'm interested in hearing what Sasfooty's rogue bigfoot's did that caused problems. You can send it in a PM so that we don't derail the thread.

You don't feed them do you ? Sure let them harvest from garden or fruit trees but people shouldn't feed them IMO. Pancakes that po's me when I hear crap like that. Sorry that lead to a dependency trust relationship then eventually someone betrays them.

No, I have never fed them. These don't need or want to be fed. The only time I ever left out anything for them regularly was when I used to share my eggs. Sometimes they would take all of them & other times they would only take one or two. I think they were letting the little ones have them.

There have been a few times that they would ask for something & I would give it to them, but those times were rare. They would help themselves to the sweet potatoes, corn, tomatoes, apples & peaches. We finally stopped even planting corn, because we weren't getting any after the racoons & 'foots got what they wanted.

Generally, these didn't like anything that was cooked. One of them liked my cornbread pancakes, & the kids liked dewberry cobbler, but that was about the only cooked food that they ever took. Mostly, the things I left for them just sat there, so I stopped even bothering to leave anything after awhile.

Admin

There have been a few times that they would ask for something & I would give it to them, but those times were rare.

Just curious, did they ask in English or telepathically?

Why are you even asking, when you would believe neither answer?

Thanks for asking my views on feeding them Tracker.... :D Despite my personal opinion Bigfoot is a relic hominid, I consider them unpredictable, we can look at their patterns of reported behaviors and maybe make an educated guess as to what to expect, but it's still just a guess. It's one thing to travel away from home to instigate an encounter with them, but it's radically different to encourage an ongoing dialog of sorts with them on your own property.

In my mind it's the same as taking on a life-long responsibility. I have turned down in the past the opportunity to house hawks & owls in a rehab situation, as well as the opportunity to take on the care of "rescue" Tigers. I simply did not wish to give up my freedom to travel and be gone for long periods of time. Secondary to that was keeping people from sneaking onto the property to agitate the animals.

That said, feeding or providing BF with a buffet or snack nightly is exactly the same thing. It's like having a metaphorical Tiger in the yard. Once a routine is set up, you are locked in to it. For some folks that may be fine. It isn't for me. I will go as far as saying due to the occurence of them moving thru my area I have planted native edible plants and retained my fruit trees with no intention of using the fruit. If they swing by fine....if not the deer and other wildlife will take care of it.

I have never felt intervention is necessary or needed. They apparently like all the other wildlife have managed just fine on their own. In extremes I would put out water as I would for the deer or raccoons & birds. But that's the extent of it. That's also knowing drought in my area is temporary.

Figured Tracker egged me on cause he knows this is the "House Policy" here....LOL! It's more about having a healthy balanced habitat than anything. AND not caring if we get ALL of the edibles we're growing.

Why are you even asking, when you would believe neither answer?

This is, after all, a discussion board, and people ask other people questions all the time. Funny how that works.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest tracker

From my PM discussions with Sasfooty she's has or had Sasq in her backyard. There's no other way she would know certain things about them without first hand experience. Ask probably means hand extended or something similar I would guess. Sure ask away but consider the opportunity ??

And Grayjay would be able to get closer too if she didn't yell at them for stepping on or eating her flowers. mad.gif some people's priorities biggrin.gif

JMO tracker dry.gif

Edited by tracker

This is, after all, a discussion board, and people ask other people questions all the time. Funny how that works.

Folks are free to ask and free to answer, or choose not to.IMO

Thanks to those replying for Sasfooty. I prefer to hear from her.

What do you want to hear? I didn't see where you asked a question.

#38, I did comment a question was asked of you and you replied with a less than candid answer.

Was that in English or telepathically? Thank you.

#38, I did comment a question was asked of you and you replied with a less than candid answer.

Was that in English or telepathically? Thank you.

Oh, THAT question. Sorry if I wasn't candid enough for you, but that's about all you're gonna get.

BFF Patron

Well did I miss something, I thought Sasfooty has heard them call her by name (or maybe I confused that from another thread?). That would imply English I think even though I don't know the derivation of the name Sasfooty, j/k :wacko: