I'm grateful to Bigfoot Forums

Wolfjewel

Ok, WJ, enough, now go find us a Sasquatch! ;) J/K of course. This thread has gotten me so all warm and fuzzy I'm beginning to feel a little bit like a Sasquatch m'self :) AAANNND if the Big Guy was here? He'd probably bake you a cake. But he's kinda tricky, too, so watch out for those birthday candles that re-light after you blow them out LOL.

18 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Scientist and skeptic here. I think most sightings are fear induced,mistaken identity ,wishful thinking, imagination and of course lies and hoaxes. 

Notice I said most. There are those unexplained and intriguing. Some very compelling evidence including foot prints. The absolute best of all is without question is the Patterson film 

The iconic film has not been debunked or proven. Remains a real mystery. I have friends on here and that I know in the flesh that are completely convinced the creature exists. That keeps me interested and wanting to believe 

Just wondering if anyone has invited you to their Sasquatch location to possibly observe a Bigfoot, or to look at tracks off the beaten path to convince you otherwise. Myself, I could find you tracks in areas where nobody would go since it would be steep and very rugged, but not sure if tracks are good enough for you. Probably most wouldn't want to show you their honey spot, but I think it would be awesome to convince someone who is a scientist and who's open about being swayed in their belief's.

Happy Birthday Wolfjewel! 

I have been to a site where a friend had a sighting in thick wooded area near water.  He had no pictures and the foot prints were not very convincing at all. I do believe he saw something.I have spent  lots of time in the great outdoors. I have found nothing compelling  . No evidence of man apes..

Thanks, MindSquatch. Glad you have a place where you can find tracks. Would you let us know what state you're in and roughly where? Would be nice if the forum had an ongoing listing of people who would take other forum members out to Squatching sites. Might keep newbies very interested!  

Could keep some of us 'oldies' interested as well. Be cautious with any info though because with the Bigfoot lawsuit thing in San Bernardino coming up there may be some 'folks' more than a little touchy now about areas where BF may lurk.

2 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

We're waiting with baited breath (is there such a thing?) for the March 19 hearing in CA. Then proceed cautiously.

I see you are new to BF, lol,  I wouldn’t get your hopes up for March 19th.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

We're waiting with baited breath (is there such a thing?) for the March 19 hearing in CA. Then proceed cautiously.

The term is actually a shortened version of 'abated' breath. And as far as March 19th goes, hopes or not, it's an unprecedented move by a private citizen against any agency on behalf of BF. I just go on that historical point. It's not about winning or losing the case. I also project on things should the case get past March 19th. If it doesn't then there will be nothing more to discuss. But UNTIL then, since it has neither won nor lost.....well, it's fun to turn over the implication of a win. More fun than, "It's going to get tossed out so everybody can go home and say nothing". Where's the fun in that. Heck, even if I thought the witness was going to lose it's still more fun to discuss what a good outcome would mean than not exploring the subject at all.

Hope you had a Happy Birthday.  I turn 57 in less than a week.  I'm grateful this place exists because people are open-minded.  I belong to a Bigfoot group to learn more to

help my efforts and research, but I do not like the "grooupthink" that exists.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I have been to a site where a friend had a sighting in thick wooded area near water.  He had no pictures and the foot prints were not very convincing at all. I do believe he saw something.I have spent  lots of time in the great outdoors. I have found nothing compelling  . No evidence of man apes..

Sounds like you need an area with a high number of sightings and encounters where the population is higher than normal with an abundance of food for them to eat. Not sure how far you are from me, but I live in the Sierra Range area.

8 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Thanks, MindSquatch. Glad you have a place where you can find tracks. Would you let us know what state you're in and roughly where? Would be nice if the forum had an ongoing listing of people who would take other forum members out to Squatching sites. Might keep newbies very interested!  

Your welcome! I'm in the Eastern Sierras, Nevada area. Great place to visit year round with lots of remote places to hike or camp. My area from my knowledge of the Sierras is probably one of the better Bigfoot areas due to the vast food sources and remoteness of it, very few people visit this location. Let me know, be more than glad to take you there. You'll have to wear a blind fold on the way out there though, just kidding!

I live in Florida where I am reasonably certain the creatures don't exist. 

However, my youngest daughter lives near the Patterson film site. 

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

The term is actually a shortened version of 'abated' breath. And as far as March 19th goes, hopes or not, it's an unprecedented move by a private citizen against any agency on behalf of BF. I just go on that historical point. It's not about winning or losing the case. I also project on things should the case get past March 19th. If it doesn't then there will be nothing more to discuss. But UNTIL then, since it has neither won nor lost.....well, it's fun to turn over the implication of a win. More fun than, "It's going to get tossed out so everybody can go home and say nothing". Where's the fun in that. Heck, even if I thought the witness was going to lose it's still more fun to discuss what a good outcome would mean than not exploring the subject at all.

It's not that unprecedented. Years ago, someone petitioned the state of New York to recognize bigfoot. The official answer was that the state of New York does not recognize imaginary animals.

• Upvote 1

"Imaginary" has historically been your choice of words. Not New York's. Here's the quote so that next time you won't have to put your own spin on it : "No program or action in relation to mythical animals is warranted.” You noted, of course, that 'don't exist' and 'not warranted' aren't the same thing? They did say however that, “The simple truth of the matter is that there is no such animal anywhere in the world,”........... “I am sorry to disappoint you.”

I think it's nice that this guy seems to know that.....um....How?  Who told him? Because I'm certain he didn't go out into the far remote reaches of our fair planet and look for himself. The woman who was in, I think Sumatra, who was studying rare tigers was interviewed about her work. She was asked how many tigers she saw in the ten years that she was there. She said three. She was then asked how many Orang Pendeks did she see. Her response? Two. Somehow my friend I find it hard to think the guy from New York was there with her looking as well. He has probably never even met this woman so she never had the opportunity to tell him that his statement (bolded above)- was WRONG.

Thank you for playing.

Edited by hiflier