Super-Human Sasquatch

hiflier

If the above post isn't as far from a thread topic it can get I don't know what is. Can we PLEASE stay with the subject? Take the non-existence debate elsewhere and stop disrupting and diverting the initial topic. I really get tired of constantly saying this but recently this methodology has been infecting too many threads. This is a Bigfoot discussion Forum so kindly allow it to BE one.There's no excuse for this sort of behavior. Please, dmaker and the rest of you, STOP disrupting dialogue every chance you get.

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dmaker said:

Rock, you are deliberately presenting that quote without any context.

I know. It's a poke with a sharp stick.

2 hours ago, dmaker said:

Talk, talk, talk until you're all blue in the face. Not gonna make the creature real. 

Yeah, we know, but it's driving you crazy so we got that going for us.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Please, dmaker and the rest of you, STOP disrupting dialogue every chance you get.

Sorry hiflier. I'll shut up now.

But I was on topic. I gave my opinion that I thought discussing unproven superhuman abilities of an undocumented beast to be premature.

Here's a super human bigfoot for you. Takes a sturdy creature to take a sock to the jaw from Superboy :)

Image result for bigfoot comic books

1 hour ago, PBeaton said:

Sorry hiflier.

Pat...

No need, my friend, the post wasn't directed at you. Through the magic of posting your post got slipped in between dmaker's and mine. So it appears as if was responding to you when I was not.

23 minutes ago, dmaker said:

But I was on topic. I gave my opinion that I thought discussing unproven superhuman abilities of an undocumented beast to be premature.

And you can make that point once but everyone knows its context stems from your non-belief in Sasquatch existence. Which means you will never seriously discuss any of the supposed superhuman reported behavior. And as you can see your methodology of distraction from the discussion of those reports has nothing to do with the topic. But you have succeeded in pulling everyone away from the topic so that the focus of the thread has become you. You do this again and again. Go away and let the discussion happen and please quit disrupting it......AGAIN! Your cartoon is just veiled mockery- Knock I off.

Edited by hiflier

Hiflier, you get all bent out of shape with what you perceive to be deliberate jabs by me, yet Rock can openly admit to "poking me with a sharp stick" and you don't seem to have an issue with that, do you?

It seems you expect everyone to have a thick skin other than you.

Edited by dmaker

21 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Hiflier, you get all bent out of shape with what you perceive to be deliberate jabs by me, yet Rock can openly admit to "poking me with a sharp stick" and you don't seem to have an issue with that, do you?

It seems you expect everyone to have a thick skin other than you.

They ARE deliberate jabs and are uncalled for. Whether or not I have an 'issue' with Rockape's admission is only to keep going with your methods of distraction. PLEASE, DMAKER, how many times do I have to ask you to stop? It's not about 'thick skin' as much as you would like it to somehow be. It's about your persistent distracting from the subject of this thread. Because the GF is the public Forum I'm actually being rather civil about it. What is your agenda with doing that? Now, for the fourth or fifth time, will you allow the topic here to continue without further disruption by you? 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Sure.

I think if bigfeets actually exist, they must have the power of invisibility. Or something close to it, as in Predator. 

Upon further reflection, their skat must also be invisible. Or perhaps bigfeets are coprophagous?  That might help explain their reported powers of super stink.

Edited by dmaker

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

Rock can openly admit to "poking me with a sharp stick" and you don't seem to have an issue with that, do you?

He told me to knock it off too. It ain't always about you. Now stop derailing the thread. This is my last reply so don't bother.

40 posts in this thread, fully 25 of them were NOT about the OP. Now, can this get back on track or was derailing it such an important thing to do? I've often questioned the motives behind such tactics. So. Anyone care to discuss whether or not Sasquatch would be physically capable of performing some or all of the things on those lists two pages back? I have seen videos of bears running uphill and they are pretty impressive. Strong and fast. Would a bipedal creature like a Sasquatch have a greater advantage doing the same thing given the same slope? Some witnesses say a slope was 45 degrees and yet the creature seemed to navigate it at what looked like a run.

If anyone needs the report I.D. number for any of the feats listed in the various groupings let me know. Sometimes the report will have a description of the animal with it and maybe footprint info as well as a bit fuller account of the incident. As I said, only a third or so of the 371 reports are first hand accounts and so staying with those is probably the closet to the source descriptions.

5 hours ago, dmaker said:

No, you have people here who claim to have seen IT. You proponents just cannot wrap your head around the idea that a claim is not a fact. 

Don't you ever tire of the talk, talk, talk, talk, talk? That's all there ever is. Just talk. The evidentiary bar has not been raised in decades. Every serious attempt to do so, such as DNA analysis, fails miserably to support the bigfoot claim. It's just a steady march of stories, blobsquatches and hoaxes. And, of course, more talk. 

Don't you ever stop to think that if this animal existed, in the way it is reported, that there would be more than hoaxes, blurry photos and supposition by now? Discussing bigfoot's super human abilities or it's intelligence or it's range, etc seems so much horse before the cart when we can't even get a single scientifically verified piece of evidence that the creature even exists. 

Talk, talk, talk until you're all blue in the face. Not gonna make the creature real. 

Rock, you are deliberately presenting that quote without any context. I said that while discussing that a costume is meant to disguise a human. Therefore Patty looks no more human than the person in the Barney costume. It was not meant as a pro-PGF comment and you know it. That you persist in trotting that quote around for years now as if it was cleverest thing you have ever thought of says a lot about your history of clever thoughts. And also quite a bit about your intellectual honesty. 

I think you know....I of all people know it’s just a claim and I don’t have to wrap my head around anything. Who here demands a type specimen as proof more than me? Regardless.....I’m asking you to put yourself in their shoes! It’s not a claim to them. They saw what the saw. They are not leaning towards believing in Bigfoot as if the are listening and being swayed as to what is being said here.

Talk. Talk, talk, talk? Is the VERY purpose of a Internet forum. Do you ever get tired of all of the talking over at the JREF? Do you ever get your hopes up that some “bombshell” is going to put the nail in the coffin and it doesn’t materialize? 

I don’t accept that the creature MAY exist as reported. It can’t. Finding Bigfoot is beamed into every house in the nation. I run into Grizzly Bear tracks from time to time. I know just how much wilderness it takes to support such a large omnivore. I know how rare it is in the lower 48. But Bigfoot is raiding grandmas turnip garden in some suburban enclave in NJ......sure, you bet.

As far as the cart before the horse? Like I said, it’s a Internet forum. And it’s a free country. And I’d rather see people talk about it’s supposed strengths or intelligence versus ESP, shape shifting, and the like.

Blue in the face? Dude you have to take a serious chill pill. Nobody here is saying....... talking will make a cryptid Ape man real. The mystery is out there.....not here.

You have to accept that:

1- This is a Bigfoot forum....not the JREF. 

2- People on a Bigfoot forum, like to talk about Bigfoot.

3- If this place eats your brain so badly? Why do you stay? I’m seriously worried that your gonna suffer a stroke.

4- Your gonna have to learn to roll with the punches, and simply avoid the topics that don’t interest you. I don’t for the most part go into the paranormal section. Why? Because it eats my brain. And I fully understand that posting in there about lack of proof, or stacking paranormal nonsense on top of a biological mystery, and making the whole subject look bad? Does nothing. It just pisses them off and raises my blood pressure.

I try to post topics that are grounded in science. Extrapolating the caloric needs of a gorilla to something twice as large. Homo Naledi burying it’s dead. Anything that could be germane to the topic of a undiscovered primate. I’m not trying to use such topics as a replacement for proof. This stuff simply interests me. I enjoy talking about it. That’s all.

I agree with everything you said, Norse. As I mentioned earlier, I commented in this thread because I think it is a decent example of why some people think bigfooters are just playing games. Talking about the superhuman abilities of a creature that has no evidence that it even exists seems fanciful in the extreme. It feels and looks like adult make believe. 

Anyway, said my peace. Done with this thread.