Super-Human Sasquatch

hiflier

hilfier,

Not tryin' to discount infrasound, regardin' the deer, there is a possibility for persistence huntin' by the sasquatch, as they have been witnessed chasin' deer etc. in the past.

If you skip to 5:10, after 8hrs, exhaustion set in, I'm thinkin' a sasquatch would likely be able to shorten the hunt simply by its sheer speed compared to a human.

Pat...

Agreed, Pat. That deer could have been exhausted but still.......to not have a final struggle, or present some kind of even mild resistance, just doesn't seem right somehow. And since some witnesses, who weren't exhausted, have reported experiencing some kind of complacency, nausea, or vertigo, or physical 'pressure' it would seem that there is something else at work besides chasing prey to its energy limits.One would think things would naturally backfire on a Bigfoot in the way of energy expended in the effort vs. the return on nutrition? One might also think that a large hair-covered creature would overheat before that type of approach could be successful? Animals are nothing if not nutritionally efficient.

What did surprise me on the subject of overheating is that this deer kill took place in August according to the report. August would be a time of peak berry season so chasing a deer in the heat of summer wouldn't seem to be very wise at all even if it was at 5:30 in the morning. Not saying you aren't correct though ;) Still I would think finding and eaing berries would be less of an arduous chore; unless of course an infrasound capability sharply lessens the task of predation. I could definitely see the advantage especially in winter where better visibility in favor of prey would work against a Sasquatch-size creature

Edited by hiflier

>One would think things would naturally backfire on a Bigfoot in the way of energy expended in the effort vs. the return on nutrition? One might also think that a large hair-covered creature would overheat before that type of approach could be successful? Animals are nothing if not nutritionally efficient.

Good point Hiflier. If BF exists, they would certainly use a way that required the least amount of energy spent to acquire a meal if they had one.

Infra-sound is an interesting aspect to the BF question. It's something I first rolled my eyes at, but knowing other animals use it, I can see it as a possibility BF could as well. Given the size of their lung capacity, I'd think they could produce a rather powerful version of infra-sound. We see things in reports that could possibly evidence they are capable of it and use it for various reasons. I'm open to considering it.

Many theorize they use it on humans to disorient them, most likely in a effort to chase them away from their territory. I was watching this video last night made by the guy Norse turned us onto and infra-sound came to mind. The guy makes some pretty good videos, high quality and he doesn't necessarily believe BF exists, but is open minded.

If you watch the video, at about 20 minutes in, he's at a very remote lake in Canada where his father thought he might have had a BF encounter (rock throwing)  years before and is there alone. Granted, he seems to have spooked himself and that's probably all there is to it, but there might be something else going on. He keeps saying it sounds like he's hearing voices, and that's been reported by quite a few people. I know Les Stroud talked about experiencing something like it on one of his outings. They say it's like someone talking at a distance but you can't make out what they are saying. My theory on that is perhaps they are being "zapped" by infra-sound and it's disorienting them and giving them a sense of fear or foreboding. It's intended to make them leave the area, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, the BF gives up and moves on instead.

I don't know, I'm like this guy, I don't even know they exist and doubt they do, but it seems plausible if they are indeed out there.

Just want to add again how good this guy's videos are. I've only watched two but enjoyed both. This one has a rather long interview with John Bindernagle. I appreciate how he looks at things with a skeptical eye but stays open minded. I think he's a bit optimistic about the possible tracks he thinks he found in this one, but who knows. The hand prints on the vehicle window are interesting, but inconsequential.

If a large omnivore primate was going to be hunting? I think this is how it would hunt. Just like a Grizzly Bear as a ambush predator. Short chase.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Based on the more credible reports I’ve read, I think Norseman’s idea of ambushing is an actual occurrence with the sasquatch phenomenon. While studying reports from the Kiamichi mountain range, I came across two unique hunting techniques that I’ve never heard of before. One of them was a report of one chasing a deer into a creek, and pouncing on it as soon as it drifted downstream and around the bend, out of sight from the witness. The other one was that two were supposedly hiding just off of a trail; one made a noise as a way to distract a deer while another one pounced on it as the deer walked down the trail. The latter report was from a man named Michael Humphreys, who was on 30 acre property in the outskirts of Honobia, Oklahoma at the time. He reported that he sometimes heard deer crying out in pain after having one of their legs broken. The deer carcasses that they found often only had the liver taken out with the rest left behind. The deer’s neck was always broken.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Norseman glad you're here as I have something for you to think hard about. You've been 'out there' a lot and with other large animals like your horses and mules. This isn't so much about then though s it is about your self. I'll start off by explaining my thoughts. Infrasound deployed by a larger creature onto a smaller one say. a 600 lb. Sasquatch vs. a 150-1700 lb. Human. You are not a small man so such an effect may not affect you but here is the question: Do you, at anytime, recall being on an expedition where you, or anyone you were with, have felt any odd sensations or thoughts out of the ordinary- even though I know you are not ordinary ;) 

It may take some time to go through all of your experiences so take your time to reflect on this. You don't have to come back with anything public but this is for just you to think through for yourself. It may be of some value if you can recall the area you were in. Mild dizziness? A second or two of feeling you are in an unfamiliar place- and not because it is an unfamiliar place? Apprehension or something subtle regarding your animals starting to move off trail? Just instinctually odd things that you noticed but at the same time were subtle enough to discount or disregard as tiny flukes. Obviously no animal or Human acts or feels perfectly all of the time but this would be over and above that. Kind of a one or two time shot in all the time you've spent in the wild. Though being aware of a possibility of such things would be valuable in making determinations in the field.

Not just for you but for all of us.  

Edited by hiflier

I’m usually not alone. I usually have one saddle mount, one pack animal and a dog along. I’m never usually startled because my animals around me are a early warning device. There are exceptions. I was riding Redman above lake Ellen and a Bull Moose was laying down in the shade next to a logging road. He bolted and so did my horse. Luckily I had my chinks on which saved my knees and I never let go of the reins. I got drug for abit. But I didn’t want to be on foot with a angry Moose,

Ive had one strange feeling in my life like I was being watched. I was solo camped in central Idaho for mule deer at a place called middle meadows in the chamberlain basin. Went out hunting one day to the north towards the Salmon river. Place called Grand dads cabin. The timber was thick for that country.....compared to say north Idaho where its always thick. I just had this ominous feeling the whole time....like I was being watched and not with good intentions? Never saw anything.

On the same trip one night I had the mules tied to the high line. And they were fidgeting and Mitzie my red heeler was going Ape barking out into the meadow. I only had a bedroll with me and I shined the light lookin for eyeballs. Never saw anything. But something was there because the animals don’t lie. You don’t need to guess with animals around. But it could have been anything.

When we were young real young we were hunting Mule deer in the Selkirks. My best friend shot a nice buck on the opposite side of this canyon. We almost killed our horses to get over there. We gutted it and I used a lariat to tie the buck onto his saddle. We were 19 maybe and as green as grass. I had tied my coat over his horses head. We took it off started leading him and he went to bucking and kicking right off the canyon wall down down down. Crash, bang, boom. I tied off my horse and we took off after him. I knew we were gonna shoot a horse at the bottom. He was alive.....lying on this buck. My buddy wanted to cut the rope. I warned him that it was my only rope. So we tried to untangle the horse and it started thrashing about and we were worried about the antlers. So we cut the rope......

To make a long story short, we had two other hunting partners. And as they came back down the same trail we had been on we called out to them. We didn’t have a flash light, didn’t have an axe, nothin. So they went back to camp to grab gear to get us out of our predicament.....it’s pitch black. We are standing basically in a war zone. A gut pile above us, a dead deer, a cut up horse, my horse and us two. This is prime Grizzly Bear real estate. We are maybe five miles from the Canadian border and the Salmo river. I check my 44 on my hip......

Anyhow, as time goes by we can see lights coming up the canyon and talking. Both of us. It would come and go. We had no sense of time standing in the black. But we were both in agreement that they were just over there. But nobody showed up across the canyon from us. On and on it went. What makes two grown men hallucinate together? In full agreement? That was weird.

With the snow trackway......I was young. It was my father that started acting strange. We followed those tracks for awhile and it was like his lightbulb turned on. It was like his checklist ran out of boxes. Moose? Out of hibernation Bear? Mule deer? Bigfoot? He just stopped abruptly.....his curiousity left him and he said we were getting out of there now! Dad was an outdoorsman, and hunted most of his life. I don’t know if he was having a feeling per say. I think he simply weighed his situation. Something large and seemingly bipedal was in front of us and he was armed with a axe for a Xmas tree and had his 10 year old son in tow. I remember the snow was deep, and the tracks were not dragging, like we were. But I wasn’t scared at all, until he started acting scared.

Ive had tons and tons of scary things happen to me. But I knew exactly what had happened. I had a Horse roll over me in the Selway and crack some ribs. I’ve had horses upside down in creek bottoms with full pack. Makes fer soggy underwear.... I’ve had Black Bear hackle and slap the ground and pop their teeth. I’ve had Moose stand their ground and pin their ears back. I’ve been mule kicked. I’ve wrestled a whitetail buck and got my hand skewered. Lol.

Its been a great life. No regrets. But Concerning Bigfoot he either gives me a wide berth or we have never bumped paths because I promise you the dog, mules and horses would have told me he was there. I always check crick bottoms for tracks, all animals..... Never smelled anything rank. No rocks tossed, no wood knocks.

Ive had two friends tell me they had heard something. The one was a Californian and I think he heard a Cougar screaming. But my riding partner who is like my second father. Lived in Ferry county his whole life. He encountered something while riding his horse that was in the brush in front of him. Of course his horse stopped on the trail, wouldn’t go further. The sound he described was guttural and unknown. I played a clip of the Sierra sounds and he said it sounded similar. Who knows?

I enjoy my time out there. I need to figure out a portable comfortable bed. I can’t sleep on the ground no more. Or I guess make day rides and sleep at the horse trailer.

I hope that helps and I’m sure I’ve forgotten something!

• Upvote 2

norseman,

Sure as...uhhh...shoot sounds like it, glad ya've no regrets. 

:drinks:

Pat...

Edited by PBeaton

Thank you Norseman for your candor. Be safe, bud, and there's lessons in your stories that I will store away for my own safety considerations. Good luck, too. Infrasound is real and it's effects are real too but how that applies to Sasquatch needs the one thing you say often: The body. I'm hoping that some of these things I listed that witnesses described can potentially help everyone to have a higher respect for the power of this creature. If anyone grasses one it can only be hoped that it is alone. We've all discussed scenarios regarding the possibilities should there be more than one but at the end of the day no one can project any sort of definite response or certainty in the outcome should one be taken down.

A body is the only way to answer so many things that we discuss- including existence. On that point you are probably the strongest advocate and you are hands down correct.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

I need to figure out a portable comfortable bed. I can’t sleep on the ground no more.

LOL, I know what you mean Norse. Last time I slept out on the ground, the next morning I felt like someone had beat the hell out of me. I swore off of it after that.

I can relate as well. I am somewhat use to being uncomfortable. At least when I camp out there is plenty of room. 

The problem with being Sasquatch size is nothing fits. The world is built for average size people . My knees ache. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some extreme feats of strength that occur to me, in no particular order …

* A bigfoot in Delaware County (NY) lept on a pair of horses, killing one I believe.  The searchers looking for that bigfoot found the horse (remains) at a rudimentary camp where a fire was burning.  (1895)

* A bigfoot in New Hampshire rushed from the woods to rescue a dog that fell through the ice into a pond (1890)

* A hunting party trying to find Old Slippery Skin in northern New Hampshire heard pounding on a log (a warning?), then a log was thrown at them (1810s)

And there are a few more around.  I don’t think of shaking a truck as “superhuman;” if you’re sleeping and all of a sudden you’re rudely awakened because your truck is shaking, the shaking probably feels a lot more violent than it actually is. 

Somewhat more interesting to me is how mundane most reported bigfoot activity is.  Of 295 reports from New England and eastern Canada that I (personally) found credible, or at worst, not incredible,

- Fully 138 encounters involve bigfoot that were simply “in transit,” that is, walking along (or running in 3 cases or swimming in 1 instance). 

- In 2 instances, bigfoot was seen bedded down and in 1 instance it was seen going into a cave, presumably for shelter.  In one other instance, a witness found a possible cave/rock shelter that had been used for some time (bone and scat found).

- In 49 encounters, bigfoot was seen (or was blamed for) foraging items such as: water, water plants, roots and insects, rabbits, garbage, goats, garden plants, fish, feed, lots of deer, clams, lambs, calves, chickens, milk, bird food, wild berries, and apples. 

Hi Trog, sounds like desperately hungry Humans, too. Except for the actual sightings of a creature in the reports. The one about rescuing the dog from the ice gave me room for pause. Apparently the rescuer wasn't hungry enough to just grab the dog and take off with it? It was winter after all. Thanks for your input there, bud.