Why Sasquatch should Exist,,,

Lake County Bigfooot

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

We have no physical proof of a Yeti in Asia at this time.

Agreed, but we have physical proof of Gigantopithicus, which is very Yeti like. They could have existed into more modern times and sparked the Yeti tales that lived on long after they ceased to exist.

• Upvote 1

Filipinos have the kapre   'a tall (7 to 9 ft), big, black, hairy,[2] muscular creature. Kapres are normally described as having a strong smell that would attract human attention'

There are no photos of the kapre. There are no videos of the kapre. Yet the kapre has been mentioned throughout filipino history for five hundred years.

Should the kapre exist?

Well written and point well taken 

The only part that is very much debatable is existing now. Extinct or extant. 

Of course hoping it is the latter, but on that subject Ron is a doubting Thomas. 

I am waiting to be proven wrong and welcome it very much. That is where you and people like you come in hopefully. 

Body on the slab. 

I can't get past much rarer and smaller species are discovered quite frequently. 

Large man apes can't be that intelligent if they can't reason and kill their on kind in wars. :596d4f9911eec_EmojiSmiley-06:

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Filipinos have the kapre   'a tall (7 to 9 ft), big, black, hairy,[2] muscular creature. Kapres are normally described as having a strong smell that would attract human attention'

There are no photos of the kapre. There are no videos of the kapre. Yet the kapre has been mentioned throughout filipino history for five hundred years.

Should the kapre exist?

Was the Ebu Gogo proven in the fossil record? And did it fit the description of the myth? Yes... it did.

Have you gone over there and investigated the claims Squatchy? Or do you just wave your hand dismissively in some knee jerk fashion?

Most primatologists DO NOT take as firm of a stance as you and others here....why do you think that is?

Daris Swindler

http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/swindler-obit/

9 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Well written and point well taken 

The only part that is very much debatable is existing now. Extinct or extant. 

Of course hoping it is the latter, but on that subject Ron is a doubting Thomas. 

I am waiting to be proven wrong and welcome it very much. That is where you and people like you come in hopefully. 

Body on the slab. 

I can't get past much rarer and smaller species are discovered quite frequently. 

Large man apes can't be that intelligent if they can't reason and kill their on kind in wars. :596d4f9911eec_EmojiSmiley-06:

Bud I have my doubts as well. I’ve clocked a lot of time in the forests of the PacNW. I have one possible encounter checked in almost 50 years. 

I do believe something was either here or the myths come from Asia where there was something there. How long does oral tradition last?

It just peeves me when people do not give the subject some respect. We are not discussing one eyed, one horned flying purple people eaters. If people don’t believe in fearing hairy cousins lurking from the shadows? Just look at their own DNA. Maybe that’s why some of us still look.

Either way I enjoy the outdoors, riding my horse and of course I’m armed......no biggie. It would be nice if many more joined me. Because it’s good clean fun, it’s time spent outdoors and it can be coupled with many other activities. Such as hunting, fishing, prospecting, hiking, rock climbing, etc, etc. Just watch for sign.....any sign, and try and identify it. It only gets interesting if you exhaust the possible explanations in yer field book.

Edited by norseman

23 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I can't get past much rarer

Um, wait a minute, we don't even know if BF exists, much less that it does and therefore how rare it is.

40 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Should the kapre exist?

Should it? No.

Does it? That's a different matter.

Also, I would say a scofftic is someone who has made up their mind. They are not skeptical anymore, which is to leave the door open to be wrong, or even partially wrong. They are steadfast in their fundamental belief they are right.

And so they seek to end the discussion by undermining the credibility of the subject. They work tirelessly to push the subject away from Gigantopethicus, or Homo Heidelbergensis, or any Hominid, and over the cliff to One eyed, one horned, flying purple people eaters, Mothman, Aliens, Mermaids, etc.

Unfortunately bones don’t lie. It simply comes down to timelines and population radiation. And with each new Hominid discovery? Keeps the flame of discovery alive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Also, I would say a scofftic is someone who has made up their mind. They are not skeptical anymore, which is to leave the door open to be wrong, or even partially wrong. They are steadfast in their fundamental belief they are right.

And so they seek to end the discussion by undermining the credibility of the subject. They work tirelessly to push the subject away from Gigantopethicus, or Homo Heidelbergensis, or any Hominid, and over the cliff to One eyed, one horned, flying purple people eaters, Mothman, Aliens, Mermaids, etc.

Unfortunately bones don’t lie. It simply comes down to timelines and population radiation. And with each new Hominid discovery? Keeps the flame of discovery alive.

a scofftic is someone who has made up their mind. They are not skeptical anymore, which is to leave the door open to be wrong, or even partially wrong.  I disagree. I am skeptical of anyone who hunts, or claims to have seen bigfoot. There's no solid chain of evidence that connects fantasy to reality.

undermining the credibility of the subject.  The subject has no credibility other than folklore and mythology. Or the PGF :)

Unfortunately bones don’t lie. Unfortunately you don't have any bones to bring to the table. There is no evidence that Giganto ever existed in North America, and there is no evidence that Giganto evolved into a Bigfoot/Sasquatch.

• Upvote 2

Guest OntarioSquatch

The flawed reasoning that’s used to completely rule out the possibility of existence can indicate the presence of bias, which may seem odd given that it’s usually proponents of “woo” who are accused of being biased and misevaluating the data because of it.

I was originally under the impression that the existence of Bigfoot itself was a source of discomfort for these people, but it eventually became clear that the source was the tug-of-war between compelling arguments existing for opposing sides. In my experience, a large percentage of individuals who’re devoted to fringe fields of research fall in this category, which is a shame because such subjects are generally difficult enough to make progress in without having one’s reasoning hindered by bias.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

The subject has no credibility other than folklore and mythology. Or the PGF :)

Says YOU the scofftic:rolleyes:

Ian Redmond, George Schaller and Daris Swindler all respected in primates and anatomy say otherwise. Along with Meldrum, Bindernagel, Mionczynski...and even Jane Goodall. LOL.

Its an open question....even if your brain is clamped shut. I mean heck...... some redneck from Ontario says Sasquatch, Yeti, Almasty, Orang Pendak, or any other undiscovered primate on the planet DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT exist....OK? We can all go home now cuz Dr. Squatchy McScofftic has figured this out while drinking beer and watching Finding Bigfoot reruns on TV!!! LOL.

Except we do find bones of new Hominids all the time. Or their lunch..... or the tools they used to make lunch. Which as a curious soul I find fascinating.....Bigfoot or no. They may truly all be extinct. But they may not all be either. There is no human/primate KT boundary....no asteroid or catastrophic event that says they cannot be here now.

Damn good possibility that something with two hands and a rock busted these bones open to extract bone marrow 130000 years ago in California! Modern Humans crossed the land bridge roughly 15000 years ago.....

Modern Humans will not leave Africa for another 60000 years! 

So open question to the forum? What candidates from East Asia could be responsible for our Mastodon butcher site in California?

Homo Erectus?

Denisovans?

Hobbit?

Gigantopethicus?

Red deer cave people?

Something still undiscovered?

EEAE73BF-90E8-4E02-93D0-DF8A9466A8FD.jpeg

7 minutes ago, norseman said:

Says YOU the scofftic:rolleyes:

Very mature. Call me names I like it :)

You can do better than that, Norse.

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

Ian Redmond, George Schaller and Daris Swindler all respected in primates and anatomy say otherwise. Along with Meldrum, Bindernagel, Mionczynski...and even Jane Goodall. LOL.

Ian Redmond, George Schaller and Daris Swindler-- along with Meldrum, Bindernagel, Mionczynski... and even Jane Goodall -- can't produce a type specimen between the 7 of them. 

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

Its an open question....even if your brain is clamped shut. I mean heck...... some redneck from Ontario says Sasquatch, Yeti, Almasty, Orang Pendak, or any other undiscovered primate on the planet DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT exist....OK? We can all go home now cuz Dr. Squatchy McScofftic has figured this out while drinking beer and watching Finding Bigfoot reruns on TV!!! LOL.

"some redneck from Ontario says Sasquatch, Yeti, Almasty, Orang Pendak, or any other undiscovered primate on the planet DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT exist"

Redneck from Ontario? Really? Don't get your panties in such a bunch, Norse. I won't call you a bearded hick with a zero kill rate. It'll be our secret.

There was no Bigfoot long before I took interest in the Topic.  There will be no Bigfoot long after I've moved on from the subject. How's yer squatchtobullet rate bigguy?

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

Except we do find bones of new Hominids all the time. Or their lunch..... or the tools they used to make lunch. Which as a curious soul I find fascinating.....Bigfoot or no. They may truly all be extinct. But they may not all be either. There is no human/primate KT boundary....no asteroid or catastrophic event that says they cannot be here now.

'Except we do find bones of new Hominids all the time. Or their lunch..... or the tools they used to make lunch'

Not Bigfoot bones you don't. Not once not ever.

'There is no human/primate KT boundary....no asteroid or catastrophic event that says they cannot be here now' 

There's no evidence to say they are. Now...

9 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Very mature. Call me names I like it :)

You can do better than that, Norse.

Ian Redmond, George Schaller and Daris Swindler-- along with Meldrum, Bindernagel, Mionczynski... and even Jane Goodall -- can't produce a type specimen between the 7 of them. 

"some redneck from Ontario says Sasquatch, Yeti, Almasty, Orang Pendak, or any other undiscovered primate on the planet DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT exist"

Redneck from Ontario? Really? Don't get your panties in such a bunch, Norse. I won't call you a bearded hick with a zero kill rate. It'll be our secret.

There was no Bigfoot long before I took interest in the Topic.  There will be no Bigfoot long after I've moved on from the subject. How's yer squatchtobullet rate bigguy?

'Except we do find bones of new Hominids all the time. Or their lunch..... or the tools they used to make lunch'

Not Bigfoot bones you don't. Not once not ever.

'There is no human/primate KT boundary....no asteroid or catastrophic event that says they cannot be here now' 

There's no evidence to say they are. Now...

How do you know they are not Bigfoot bones Squatchy? We find Homo Heidelbergensis bones on the continent of Africa, Europe and Asia. As you have so eloquently pointed out time and time and time again? We have do not have a type specimen to compare to.

And there is evidence you dolt, if you care to look. :)

Your a strange duck.....maybe it’s just Ontario and it’s dull drums but you actually live in a vacuum waiting for PROOF to fall out of the sky. It’s not how science works..... science makes assumptions based on best guesses based on what evidence it does have on hand. And it self corrects when better facts come along. It’s not as black and white as your what you seem to make it out to be.

Take er easy! LOL.

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are several errors that I’ll offer criticisms on seeing as they’re frequently-made

One is the commonly-committed fallacy known as “appealing to authority”, which is when one attempts to support a claim through an individual’s credentials or history instead of their logic. This is an error that I see very frequently on this forum; researchers here often try to make an argument for the existence of sasquatch through the credentials of scientists; the scientists’ own statements generally don’t offer much in way of productivity, and are often simple arguments that we’ve all heard many times before. https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/21/Appeal-to-Authority

Skeptics of Bigfoot’s existence frequently commit an “appeal to popularity”, i.e., they use peoples’ lack of belief in sasquatch to discredit the theory that they exist. https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/40/Appeal-to-Popularity

Proponents of the existence of sasquatch often commit the “Texas sharpshooter” fallacy, which is made by ignoring differences in data, and focusing on similarities. The existence of Bigfoot-like creatures of the past being used to support the existence of Bigfoot today is one example of “Texas sharpshooting” https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/175/Texas-Sharpshooter-Fallacy

Another example of a poorly-made argument or lack of productivity in discussions is repeatedly stating theories without even trying to add supporting content.

There was no Bigfoot long before I took interest in the Topic.  There will be no Bigfoot long after I've moved on from the subject.

It’s a guy in a suit.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

6 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

There are several errors that I’ll offer criticisms on seeing as they’re frequently-made

One is the commonly-committed fallacy known as “appealing to authority”, which is when one attempts to support a claim through an individual’s credentials or history instead of their logic. This is an error that I see very frequently on this forum; researchers here often try to make an argument for the existence of sasquatch through the credentials of scientists; the scientists’ own statements generally don’t offer much in way of productivity, and are often simple arguments that we’ve all heard many times before. https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/21/Appeal-to-Authority

Skeptics of Bigfoot’s existence frequently commit an “appeal to popularity”, i.e., they use peoples’ lack of belief in sasquatch to discredit the theory that they exist. https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/40/Appeal-to-Popularity

Proponents of the existence of sasquatch often commit the “Texas sharpshooter” fallacy, which is made by ignoring differences in data, and focusing on similarities. The existence of Bigfoot-like creatures of the past being used to support the existence of Bigfoot today is one example of “Texas sharpshooting” https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/175/Texas-Sharpshooter-Fallacy

Another example of a poorly-made argument or lack of productivity in discussions is repeatedly stating theories without even trying to add supporting content.

First of all I would like to apologize to Squatchy for calling him a redneck and a dolt. Sorry. 

Second of all I’m not appealing to authority to prove the existence of a cryptid. Far from it. I’m simply pointing out that well known primatologist and scientists give this subject a fair shake. They do not simply rule out the possibility of its existence. Which is in stark contrast to laymen with a strong opinion.

And third, your simply using a “Texas sharpshooting” fallacy to break the link between real fossil evidence and Bigfoot. Presumably so you can then insert your own Alien-Bigfoot clone theory into the void.

• Upvote 1