Lake County Bigfooot

Why Sasquatch should Exist,,,

157 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

I'm seeing Jane Goodall speak tonight. If there is a Q&A afterwards, I wonder how she would answer a bigfoot question. 

 

Bigfoot or no? Thats awesome!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be curious to get her on video with her most current statements. Proponents like to cling to her older statements where she claimed belief, with some doubt, but completely ignore her newer statements where she says she wants them to exist because she's a romantic. I can only hope someone in the audience asks, I'd be too embarrassed to ask about bigfoot. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy...I think S.H. was flattering himself and the rest of the human race. Energy Returned on Energy Invested, right? Why fly light years to investigate what would be a glorified petri dish for any advanced society? If they truly were AI beings, I think you could take just plain garden-variety galactic loneliness off the menu of motivations too. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If AI, then they were created by *something* and likely given some purpose.   It is possible that something was carbon based and we could be relevant to it's original question for the AI it created even if the carbon based species that created it has long since perished.   It is also possible, and seemingly more likely, any AI would be a tool, no matter how advanced, for something "alive" which we might have competing interests with.

 

The cost of travel is high but might be attempted if the cost of not-travel were sufficiently higher.  

 

I truly do not know, but I do know that assuming everything out there shares our motives, our tech, and is driven by and limited by the same factors as us, same values as us, could be a serious mistake.

 

MIB

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps we need to take the ET thing to a new thread?  I will see if there is already one open.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the derail. I'll shut up about it!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmaker said:

I'd be curious to get her on video with her most current statements. Proponents like to cling to her older statements where she claimed belief, with some doubt, but completely ignore her newer statements where she says she wants them to exist because she's a romantic. I can only hope someone in the audience asks, I'd be too embarrassed to ask about bigfoot. 

 

So what? Her belief if that is still her feelings? Is still just a belief. Without physical proof her belief means nothing. 

 

I bring it up on occasion when the subject of Cryptid primates gets lumped in with one eyed one horned flying purple people eaters.

 

Thats all. Proof is proof everything else is conjecture.

 

If I was going i would stand right up and ask for you. Doesnt bother me at all.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Were is the talk?   I would ask her.  

 

WSA I started another ET thread in the paranormal section if you want to continue the discussion there.      

Edited by SWWASAS
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, norseman said:

 

So what? Her belief if that is still her feelings? Is still just a belief. Without physical proof her belief means nothing. 

 

I bring it up on occasion when the subject of Cryptid primates gets lumped in with one eyed one horned flying purple people eaters.

 

Thats all. Proof is proof everything else is conjecture.

 

If I was going i would stand right up and ask for you. Doesnt bother me at all.

 

 

I don't agree with the black and white assumption that there is either proof or there is nothing.  Einstein presented scientific papers in 1905, the miracle year, where he proved his theory of special relativity. It threw the scientific world on its ear. His theory only worked when objects moved at a constant speed. Einstein knew his theory applied to everything in the universe but his calculations fell short when you allowed for acceleration.

 

Einstein proposed his theory of general relativity in 1915 and it took an eclipse in 1919 to prove it. So, from 1905 to 1919 there was no "proof" of general relativity so everything from 1905 to 1919 was "conjecture".  In between those years was his theory which needed to be proved and this theory, I would submit, was far more than mere conjecture.  

 

I will also submit that until such time as a sasquatch is proven to exist, there is a lot more than mere conjecture. Much more.

 

Edited by wiiawiwb
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

 

I don't agree with the black and white assumption that there is either proof or there is nothing.  Einstein presented scientific papers in 1905, the miracle year, where he proved his theory of special relativity. It threw the scientific world on its ear. His theory only worked when objects moved at a constant speed. Einstein knew his theory applied to everything in the universe but his calculations fell short when you allowed for acceleration.

 

Einstein proposed his theory of general relativity in 1915 and it took an eclipse in 1919 to prove it. So, from 1905 to 1919 there was no "proof" of general relativity so everything from 1905 to 1919 was "conjecture".  In between those years was his theory which needed to be proved and this theory, I would submit, was far more than mere conjecture.  

 

I will also submit that until such time as a sasquatch is proven to exist, there is a lot more than mere conjecture. Much more.

 

 

Physics and Biology dont intermingle. I cannot prove Bigfoot to be real by lots of complex mathmatical equations on a chalk board. I have to have physical proof. What it is? What it eats, where it poops, where is its dead? Thats all conjecture......we just dont have factual data. The evidence we do have either leads us to a real creature (physicsl proof) or it doesnt......

 

Einsteins theory of relativity in my opinion wont last another 50 years. It will be replaced by a better theory to explain the multiverse. And so on..... We just need a bone. A single finger bone like the Denisovans......and our mystery is solved for all time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

With proper analysis, evidence such the PGF and Joe Blow’s encounter report can qualify as “proof” as well. The advantage of having a type specimen is that it’s much easier to evaluate, and use to rule out conflicting theories (e.g. a hoax). Right now it’s only a type specimen that would meet academia’s standards, but that’s in part due to the shortcomings of the academic system itself. In the more distant future, other forms of evidence may work.

 

 

Edited by OntarioSquatch
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The talk was good. There was a Q&A at the end, but the questions had been sent in  ahead of time and pre-selected. No one asked about bigfoot. 

Edited by dmaker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, norseman said:

 

Physics and Biology dont intermingle. I cannot prove Bigfoot to be real by lots of complex mathmatical equations on a chalk board. I have to have physical proof. What it is? What it eats, where it poops, where is its dead? Thats all conjecture......we just dont have factual data. The evidence we do have either leads us to a real creature (physicsl proof) or it doesnt......

 

Einsteins theory of relativity in my opinion wont last another 50 years. It will be replaced by a better theory to explain the multiverse. And so on..... We just need a bone. A single finger bone like the Denisovans......and our mystery is solved for all time.

I wonder if they are getting some sort of strange data at that NEON site that was built in SW Washington.a couple of years ago.    They have all sorts of sensors installed around the place.    Not sure if that includes seismic sensors.    I found a BF footprint within a couple of hundred yards of the place.    Would be funny if science finally has to face the fact that some larger than human biped is walking around their NEON site.    I could just see the head scratching as the data leads them to that conclusion.   They would probably think their sensors are not calibrated properly at first and they were detecting a human walking.   .  Check that and then have to conclude that some biped weighing more than 600 lbs has to be producing the bipedal footstep earth tremors.   It would take something like that to get some biologist interested.    Next time I am in that area I am going to look at the tower and see if I can see cameras installed.   If they are, they have to have seen BF passing through there.  

 

Parts of relativity have already fallen when Einstein was still alive.     Quantum theory seems to work at the subatomic level but falls apart at the Macro large thing explanations.     Never the less scientists and engineers  use what works to explain and design things.   Quantum effects are designed into laser and other projects.     Many competing theories about the universe floating around but nothing seems to be provable without some big assumptions.      Perhaps humans will never figure it out.    I have doubt about the dark matter theory.   When that was dreamed up no planets outside our solar system were known.     Now we know that planets are very common, many are nearly star sized,   and when stars die, super nova or just go cold,   the heatless dark star and all the planets continue to wander around the galaxy unseen by telescopes.     In other words there is a lot of matter out there that is unseen but astrophysicists have this dark matter theory they refuse to give up. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dmaker said:

I'd be curious to get her on video with her most current statements. Proponents like to cling to her older statements where she claimed belief, with some doubt, but completely ignore her newer statements where she says she wants them to exist because she's a romantic.

 

As far as I know, this is the only thing she has ever said on the subject of BF and it was all in the same interview. No "older or newer" there, it was in one interview.

 

Quote

In Ms. Goodall's famous NPR interview, a caller asked about the existence of bigfoots or yetis and she said, "Well now, you'll be amazed when I tell you that I'm sure that they exist. Later in the same interview she states, "Well, I'm a romantic, so I always wanted them to exist," and then, "maybe they don't exist, but I want them to."

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites