Interesting Canuck doc

norseman

1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

skookumelk.jpg

There was stuff said I didn’t agree with either.

BFF Patron

So the vid references the Nordegg habituation site by the one researcher which was the site Todd Standing rode along on the coat-tails of Ken Walker on getting to Meldrum and Bindernagel eventually.  So now it seems like common knowledge and open season on Nordegg. 

I am wondering how the site is standing up to all the popularity (pun intended). 

Good videography and music.  The Tibetan prayer flags might catch some spirit wind for sure but I think a harmonica frozen to your lips at -40 F could do just as well.  

Thanks for sharing

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Good video but I don't think he's going to find a BF on top of a frozen mountain.

He was using it as a vantage point to spot. It’s exactly how we hunt Elk.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, norseman said:

He was using it as a vantage point to spot. It’s exactly how we hunt Elk.

Yeah, I know, still don't think it's a optimal spot to find one. What are they going to eat up there, even in the valley below? Pine needles and snow? I'd think your best spot would be lower elevations, micro climates and such. I know we've discussed that before here. Save the trip up the mountain until summer.

Edited by Rockape

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

Yeah, I know, still don't think it's a optimal spot to find one. What are they going to eat up there, even in the valley below? Pine needles and snow? I'd think your best spot would be lower elevations, micro climates and such. I know we've discussed that before here. Save the trip up the mountain until summer.

It doesn’t get any lower than the valley bellow he is glasssing. We have talked about them using mountain passes to get to one valley from another? But for sure, where they go in winter, in places that get a real winter? It’s a mystery. Do they all walk to the coast for a clam dig? 

>It doesn’t get any lower than the valley bellow he is glasssing.

I mean even lower than the valley

>We have talked about them using mountain passes to get to one valley from another?

Yes, but I think the odds, as low as they are, are even lower hoping to see one traveling from one area to another.

>But for sure, where they go in winter, in places that get a real winter? It’s a mystery. Do they all walk to the coast for a clam dig? 

I would think they'd be smart enough to find a place where water and food is more available.

BFF Patron

I would think they would be eating a lot of tree-bark and lichen personally.

Think like a porcupine I suppose, sting like a squatch!

BFF Patron

Canary in the coalmine.  Twelve woodland caribou left in the continental U.S.  

Temperate rainforest and old growth.  Sounds so enduring, maybe in some places that are protected except in outlier patches in the East.

Have you seen any showings of this film?  

What of the effort?  Is it possible to repatriate a species down to 12 something,  across international boundaries like this?  

Sounds worse than the Cali Condor situation was years ago.

Is it the next Spirit Bear effort?  Definitely an interesting prospect, maybe SASQUATCH is the answer.

Anybody ever historically see a caribou-Sasquatch conjunction?  Sounds like a question for the John Green database? 

Answer: YES!  http://nunatsiaq.com/stories/article/65674nunavik_hunters_run_into_rock-throwing_bigfoot_creature

Dang, seems to have been taken down  sasquatchdatabase.com

Edited by bipedalist