PBeaton

SherriM Image...

17 posts in this topic

Posted by:

SherriM,

"My husband thought he spotted some type of animal in a photo and sure enough there is something there but we aren't sure what this is. Can someone out there help?

Someone said it looked like a bigfoot so we thought we'd come here and see if anyone saw something like this before. I reckon in might be important that this picture was taken right as we arrived to the waterfall. We took more images within minutes and nothing is seen in the same area. I don't know how to circle or highlight pictures on here so you'll have to look at the top left corner of the picture. It's there behind a tree."

ZOqmozu.jpg

SherriM, 

I played with your image a little. While it appears there may be a object there, the image quality just isn't that good I'm afraid, at least as far as I can bring out. If possible, you could always go back an have someone go stand in same spot, snap another pic with same camera/phone for comparison. 

Has this photo been posted before ?

Pat...

SherriM image enhanced.jpg

Pareidolia. She should provide more photos from the same spot where nothing is there.

Posted (edited)

First of all, SherriM, welcome to the Forum! And thank you Pat for starting this thread so we wouldn't have to wait until she got to her 25 post to start one herself. Yes, it may indeed BE pareidolia so agreed that one of the follow up photos taken at that time would be helpful. If only pareidolia then why it would stand out over and above the shadowed areas like it does is beyond me .Pareidolia or not the image enhancements appear to show a female although showing in the lower left of the image do show similar hues of coloring. If follow up images do not show the same thing then let the discussions begin :) 

Edited by hiflier

Posted (edited)

SherriM: Could you please provide any information as to where and when your photo was taken?

Its kind of a basic requirement as far as establishing the credibility of any visual evidence.

6 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Has this photo been posted before ?

Pat...

It looked familiar to me as well Pat.

Perhaps we were both reminded of this photo that was posted here a while back in the blobsquatch thread.

blob.jpg

Edited by OldMort

Which looks very much like a bear.

OldMort,

That might be what I was rememberin' haha, great minds ! :drinks:

Pat... 

I see the bear. Thank you for clearing it up. 

Just to update, couple messages from SherriM, as a new member, she can't seem to post here. We've heard from other newbies how tricky/confusin' it is when folks first join, so she's not sure if she'll stick around. She just wondered what folks thought about that particular image, as they seemed ta be doin' the same...wonderin' is all. 

This is what SherriM messaged me earlier.

"Well for some reason I'm not able to reply to the thread I can see now in the photos section. I'd like to tell everyone that we did not notice ANYTHING in the area when we arrived, and only saw this in the photos later. This was the first picture taken when we talked into the area, there is a trail leading up to the falls.  We noticed in the other photos of the area that nothing like what we saw was present.  We're not assuming its a bigfoot, or a bear, or anything else. We're putting the picture out there to see if anyone knows what it might be or has any other theories or information.  That's all I wanted to say."   

She sent me this image taken a different day, from her phone, the one in question is from her husbands phone(she doesn't have access to at the moment). 

qF2I1pU.jpg

SherriM please PM gigantor about your posting problems. He can help.

Thanks!

Thanks to Sherri for posting the pics; it's always good to post pics on here and get opinions about it.

Thanks to PBeaton for your work on the picture. You can see an image of something right behind the tree that appears to have a head and a right shoulder, although the shoulder doesn't appear very wide. It also has the appearance of having a drooping moustache; not sure what that would be from. 

Thanks for the second photo Pat. Seems I can see something in the same spot again, but can't be certain. I still think it's just shade and lighting playing tricks on our eyes, but you never know. If they have easy access to the area, they should go back and take another photo with someone standing in that spot. It would help answer any questions.

This one is very hard to tell.  I played with it too and you can see what looks like a brow ridge, but the area where the face would be is obstructed by a branch with foliage.  You can see what appears to be an arm, shoulder and chest but it's difficult to tell if it's really that or just trees because of the uniform brown coloring.  The second photo is from a very different perspective so it can't really be used for comparison.

Interesting at least.

Not the best, but roughly lined up the two images based on landmarks in both images, rough, because images not taken from same spot. Inverted the second image for different look.  

SherriM's 2 images.JPG

SherriM's 2 images inverted.JPG

I'd be interested to know what the time difference is between these two photos.  Good job lining them up Pat.

Posted (edited)

Low image resolution, environmental heterogeneity, and artificial enhancements all tend to increase the risk of experiencing pareidolia.  

Upon analysis of what looks to be the original, I believe the subject in question is a mix of branches, vegetation, and a dark background.

The “face” is green, which is what one would expect of green leaves. The top of the “head” looks to be mainly a branch that’s attached to the tree

wa6gyh.jpg

Edited by OntarioSquatch