Can Bigfoot "Throw" his voice?

Talmadge Mooseman

Many, if not most of us, have heard rather suspicious sounds being imitated.  Close, but not quite right:  owls, misc birds, frogs, inanimate objects, etc.

Sometimes, those sounds move positions quickly and quietly.  I suppose it could be a different BF, but has the creature been suspicioned to throw his/her voice like

it is coming from a direction in which it did not?

That said, is there any equipment that can detect true direction vs. a "thrown voice"? 

There used to be a young one that would come to my yard at night & bray like a donkey. Sometimes I'd hear him farther away & always recognized him because he would finish up with a short "Who?".

• Upvote 1

It is an uncanny skill to be able to imitate other species so accurately.  Many reports have told of witnesses hearing such noises and then not long afterwards realize their house pet is missing.  It is theorized, but of course never proven, animals respond to the imitated sounds and lure them in. An imaginative tactic to avoid exposure, bring your prey to you.

Also able to leap tall buildings at a single bound.

Sorry, I'm not buying the premise. Reminds me of corny old Disney westerns, with the noble Native American putting his hand to mouth, and lo and behold! Out comes the mating call of the crested thrip!

• Upvote 1

We humans use it all the time with just our mouths. I can chirp like a cow elk or distress blow like a whitetail. I know a guy who can cluck like a hen turkey.

Im sure aboriginal people have all types of tricks up their sleeves.

Can a Bigfoot do it? I will say this....I’ve seen people say a coyote call isn’t a coyote call.....when it’s a coyote call. You can’t just pull one call from YouTube and say all coyotes sound just like this. Imagine the variance in the way dogs bark or people talk. It’s not cookie cutter.

Hmmm ... that is an interesting thought which might account for something I experienced a few years ago that otherwise is strong (personal) verification of some of the woo-er claims.   The source-location of a particular vocalization was moving at approximately 65 mph, faster than the species travels, across open ground, and yet no source was visible.   Personally, I prefer thrown voice to cloaking as the very limited number of explanations for personal observation.   YMMV ... maybe you take cloaking more seriously than I do, Inc1?

MIB

• 3 weeks later...
SSR Team

Stan Courteney has written some very interesting things on his personal FB page over the weekend regarding this and recent experiences. Whether he's interpreting it correctly is another discussion but it'd be worth a look up for those that are interested.

• Upvote 1

As norsemen said, humans themselves are exceptional mimics. I like mimicking other things, I do a mean Canada goose, chicken, crow (and raven), wolf, and a type of woodland hawk, etc. Anyone can learn to mimic most animals. Now make the lungs larger, tweak the vocal system a bit more, and couple it with something born in the wild; using whatever it can to survive. Given a sasquatches vocal abilities, it makes sense they can probably “throw their voice” and mimic things they have lived with all their life. 

I heard a perfect Elk bugle no more than 30 feet away from me in East Texas in an area of documented activity.  One, there are no free ranging Elk in Texas.  Two, I cautiously moved closer and nothing moved away or was there.  Can't say for certain who or what made the sound, but it was an extremely authentic sound that something produced sounding very close by.  

• Upvote 1

How close is the nearest elk population ?   With there being no free ranging elk population in TX,  how and why would a BF mimic it?  

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2018 at 9:37 PM, Twist said:

How close is the nearest elk population ?   With there being no free ranging elk population in TX,  how and why would a BF mimic it?  

You could ask the same question regarding bird calls identified as found in Florida / tropics only being heard in Pac NW forests.   I do not know why ... maybe precisely because it is natural yet out of place so it isn't mistaken as a normal creature's sound by another bigfoot?   makes good strategic sense.

MIB

A very credible researcher midwest told me he heard a tropical bird call in the midwest.

Guest OntarioSquatch

The accurate mimicry of sounds (including mechanical ones) is an alleged behaviour that’s described in quite a few of the reports that I’ve personally found credible. Another interesting characteristic that exists among such reports is a unique language that’s often spoken quickly. The latter gained attention with R. Scott Nelson’s analysis of the “Sierra sounds”, but like many other aspects of the phenomenon, has been largely overlooked.