Finding Bigfoot Top 6 best evidence list....

norseman

15 hours ago, norseman said:

Paulides the author is very very careful to NOT invoke the name Sasquatch around his books. He presents the facts and lets you the reader decide. Never once did he say that Sasquatch carried them off.

I will say this......there is some strange s**t that goes on out there. Some of those police reports defy explanation. Thank goodness for my luck in the backcountry.

Right.  Paulides carefully avoids saying WHAT happened to those people.   The disappearances are **real**.   Some are from my area and I'm fairly familiar with them.   Weird stuff.

Some of the s**t is indeed strange.  I've run into enough of it to think it is probable that at least some, maybe most, of the strangeness others report is real as well.   Starting with the notion of "this can't be real" guarantees you'll be unprepared for it when it happens.  

Most of the people I know who notice the strange are people who are out alone.  It's not a matter of their imagination getting away, it's a matter of reducing distraction.   If you're not engaging in conversation and your whole focus is on your surroundings rather than someone you're yammering back and forth with, you're a lot more likely to notice what is out of place around you.    Friends may be comfort but they are not safety. 

MIB

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Snow distorts tracks. It has been demonstrated tracks in the snow of normal size can appear much larger and accomplished with snow shoes. I have not seen any that you have described. I would certainly like to.

Bossburg  tracks I believe were  orchestrated by Ivan Marx who had the resources to study foot anatomy. For a time the tracks were my second favorite evidence after the awesome film. 

I am not aware of dermal ridge tracks that heal. I am aware of only that they can be faked. You have brought up some interesting points. I would love to learn more. 

Thank you for the video. You are my favorite Sasquatch hunter. I am very willing to listen and learn. 

The track may enlarge is snow due to melting but the snow melting doesnt move the tracks farther apart. I think snow tracks are excellent because something made them and unlike sand or something the hoaxer cannot just rake away the hoaxing evidence.

• Upvote 1

What's good about snow is that the hoaxer cannot fake the prints that left after the snow melts. And those are the impressions of the toes and heels as well as the whole foot of the creature that remains that can only be done by some thing heavy. This is what I have seen after wards and they are there yet faint in some areas and in other areas clear.  So if one says that some tracks are made by snow melting by spring one should be able to go back to some of these tracks and find evidence of some thing other then human. I see this with deer a lot and as well as with these creatures in areas where people just do not travel a lot. But again this is just my opinion.

That was a really interesting trackway video Norse posted. One thing that was intriguing was the apparent remoteness of the area. At about the 5:55 mark he said "Why would somebody wander back into here?", and later says 'There's nothing out here. There's not a building for a hundred miles." Plus, it was a single trackway, tracks were inline and there were mentions of seeing toe prints in some of the tracks. 

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Friends may be comfort but they are not safety. 

MIB

Unless you're faster than them ! haha ! ;);) 

:drinks:

Pat...

be nice to fat people.jpg

Edited by PBeaton
  • Upvote 2

That is a very interesting film. Very compelling. I can't rule out human involvement especially from the film crew. 

He said nothing is out there. Why were they out there ? Perhaps to fake and film a track way. Never the less, thank you very much for sharing. 

Here's what I sometimes think about...on the subject of tracking, reading sign and woodcraft in general:

I don't believe that at one not-so-distant time we were a civilization of Daniel Boones, reading the ground like a book, picking up data at a glance to know the shape, size, gait, and mood of every animal that made tracks.  Like most things I'm sure, some were better than others at it, and some were not good at it at all. Some even did achieve mythical status for their abilities. Like most learned skills , they were passed one generation to the other, and honed through repeated use. Rural populations were proportionally larger on comparison to urban ones, and more people earned their livings out of doors. I think this probably resulted in a much higher level of attention  the average person (hunter or not) paid to their usual surroundings in general.

Very few would dispute this, but maybe some have not thought too much about the degree the diminishment of these skills have kept us mired in uncertainty at the very point in human history when our ability to share information is at its zenith. My perfect scenario for Sasquatch field studies is a population with THAT level of outdoor situational awareness AND with crazy technological skills. We may have had tons of practical Sasquatch knowledge in centuries past, but we had no way to really share it with too many others. We see hints of it here and there...old newspaper blurbs, tribal stories, etc. Now we have speed of light, universal data sharing capabilities, but the comparative ability of many to to perceive what is actually going on around them is so degraded I'm not sure we've gained any ground. We may very well have lost some. I will concede the skeptics' point that this marriage of diminished capacity & technology can result in lots of confused people and garbled conclusions.

Then of course there is evidence like the snow tracks documented in the video above. Some things are just "hit you on the head" obvious, and it took no Daniel Boone to get that. The shame is, think what a killer video an expert tracker or woodsman of that caliber could have narrated?!  What was missed, if only the person had had the skill to see it?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WSA said:

Then of course there is evidence like the snow tracks documented in the video above. Some things are just "hit you on the head" obvious, and it took no Daniel Boone to get that. The shame is, think what a killer video an expert tracker or woodsman of that caliber could have narrated?!  What was missed, if only the person had had the skill to see it?

I wholeheartedly agree with this whole post, but wanted to highlight the last thing you said! Videos like this one frustrate me because 1) there was no attempt to look for hair samples on all that scrub that the subject walked through, 2) it remains tightly focused on the tracks rather than periodically stopping and slowly panning the area, 3) there was no attention paid to the tree bark stripped from trees and logs and 4) when he does pan across the lake or field he does it so fast the camera has no time to focus so we get a nauseating blur. That's not even touching on the fact that he walked IN the tracks effectively destroying the evidence.

I can only hope I do much better myself when I find a trackway in the snow.

Very good points indeed. Perhaps they were not aware of the necessary steps they needed to take to secure the evidence.Then of course there is the possibility that it was by design if they are involved in a hoax scenario.

Their background and experience would be something of interest to look into. 

7 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

That is a very interesting film. Very compelling. I can't rule out human involvement especially from the film crew. 

He said nothing is out there. Why were they out there ? Perhaps to fake and film a track way. Never the less, thank you very much for sharing. 

They were snowmobilers on national forest. I did the same thing for years except I was trying to cut cougar tracks for my dogs.

Your welcome.

Thanks for the information. That certainly explains their reason for being there. Also as I said if  they had no real experience in securing  the chain of evidence then it is no wonder they 

were so nonchalant about it . This could rule them out as being involved in a hoax. None the less it is the sort of evidence that keeps us interested and the mystery alive. 

12 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for the information. That certainly explains their reason for being there. Also as I said if  they had no real experience in securing  the chain of evidence then it is no wonder they 

were so nonchalant about it . This could rule them out as being involved in a hoax. None the less it is the sort of evidence that keeps us interested and the mystery alive. 

Exactly.

If those guys had been serious and armed with a support group that could employ blockers and run supplies and employ surveillance? Its dead. Or maybe a Woodland Caribou pops out and we all go! Doh! Thats what it was! Snow is impossible to hide your tracks, if your the target your praying for a foot of fresh snow!

Also? Cold holds scent better than warm air. I know this as a houndsman. Better hound hunting weather.

But if humans can hoax trackways like that? Id like to know how?

The Bossburg tracks supposedly crossed a four wire barb wire fence in stride.....in snow. You cant like in sand or mud, make a track on one side of the fence, rake it out, climb the fence and repeat on the other side. In snow its plain as day what you did. I would rule out any snow trackway that had humans tracks beside it. Or snowmobile or pickup tracks.

34 minutes ago, norseman said:

I would rule out any snow trackway that had humans tracks beside it. Or snowmobile or pickup tracks.

Well, you could be tracking the tracker that is tracking the bigfoot tracks. LOL ,I mean you would want to find out the story, even if it was to bust the hoaxer. :lol:

• Upvote 1

I see the trackers reacting as most probably would in that situation, and it comports with the described location and degree of remoteness. It agrees with how I've reacted when I've come across something remarkable deep in the backcountry. Think about it. You probably have limited time to go where you want to go and get back. You didn't come prepared to deal with evidence of the kind you've found. You don't have the ability or even the desire to come back there again...even if you are convinced the evidence is likely to be there if/when you return. (Snow tracks? fuggedaboudit)  So what do you do? You use what you have, in this case you video it and hope it shows it well enough to convey how unique it is. Do our videographers do that here? I think so.  I mean, we can all armchair these guys to say how they should have done this or that differently, but as someone who has been in some "HOLY COW" backcountry situations, you really can't put yourself in a calm, relaxed remove from the experience to  think of it in those terms.

Case in point, contained in something I read about recently, by author Craig Childs...brilliant writer on all things natural history on the Colorado Plateau. He and a bud once found a perfectly in situ relic...a large grain storage jar that they just happened to see under the rock they were sitting on. They had been wandering for a couple of days, in slot canyons and arroyos and had only the most basic idea of where they were. In a remarkable display of self control, they didn't remove it, look into it or even touch it.  A dozen years later they decided they needed to go back and just confirm for themselves it was still there. I won't spoil the story for any who want to go and look up his account, but just suffice to say I recognize the outcome...been there, done that!

• Upvote 1

The video does suggest the track makers' awareness of it's own tracks where it seems to side step along the top of logs when possible, as if it knows it needs to do that in case it is being tracked and it could help lose a tracker on it's trail.  I can't think of another reason for it unless it was just tired of lifting its feet high out the snow for each step.

• Upvote 1