Camo - who uses it and which pattern?

wiiawiwb

I'm curious to find out what others are doing when you're out in the field. Do you wear camo or street clothes? If you wear camo, which pattern is it?

My brother was hit in the eye with a paint ball years ago, which damaged his vision for life.  He can't really describe how he sees now, but he told me that he doesn't see in 3D anymore and camo actually sticks out like a sore thumb to him.  Whether the two are linked somehow, we don't know, but since we don't really know how bigfoot eyesight works, it's worth being aware of  the possibility it may see camo readily.

• Like 1

During hunting season and even some times out of hunting season I will wear scent free realtree clothing. But others times I will wear street clothing washed with scent free detergent  and I will shower with scent free soap so that I can get my human scent off me. The more sterile the better. I will take my dog off leach and use him as bait and as well as my alert.  But now some of the things that I have learned it really does not matter since they will know as soon as you enter those woods that you are there if they are out there.

In Spring and Fall I usually wear my GameHide jacket with hood, in the Summer just regular walking/hiking attire, and once it snows, a fleece winter camo outfit.

If you wear camo out while researching you probably look like a burglar in a ski mask walking down the street of some nice subdivision, disliked and something to be avoided.

Hunters dressed in camo stalk and trespass in their living areas to take their available game, it is likely that this is why hunters have more recorded instances of escalated hostile encounters or hear loud warning type calls in response to their presence in an area.   It seems they run the people out and things settle down or they alert the rest of the group to move further into the remote river valleys away from passable roads. 

It is far better to appear as a neutral being in the area with some semi-odd human behaviors introduced over time, being a curiosity works very well on all primates.

I wear very natural color tones ( grey, tan, dark brown, black and green ) and I do not intentionally sneak around or act like a predator.  

Interesting perspective NF. I hadn't thought of that and it makes perfect sense for sasquatch already in the area that have been alerted to your presence.

In the case of a sasquatch that may be passing through, it would seem to me that being stealthy and silent would be a big advantage as a sasquatch may not realize you are there. I think that's why hunters in tree stands in camo have sightings/reports of sasquatch walking through their tree-stand area.

I wear camo mostly. The latest has been Sitka gear. Ive certainly never had a hostile encounter by an unknown attacker.

If I had, it would have died by lead poisoning.

12 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Interesting perspective NF. I hadn't thought of that and it makes perfect sense for sasquatch already in the area that have been alerted to your presence.

In the case of a sasquatch that may be passing through, it would seem to me that being stealthy and silent would be a big advantage as a sasquatch may not realize you are there. I think that's why hunters in tree stands in camo have sightings/reports of sasquatch walking through their tree-stand area.

That is correct, there is no doubt about it.    My sighting in 09 was just such an instance, I was scouting for deer ( in camo ) and I was in the right place at the right time.   

You are in a game of odds by population status and the interpretations of human behavior in their environment. 

If your goal is to catch animals passing through an area then I would consider deploying plotwatcher pros/trail cameras along power-lines and stream convergence points that have a long history of reports.  Power-lines put off all frequencies of sound and EMF, this likely will mask any ability for wildlife to detect your cameras beyond scent or sight.   This would better remove yourself from the situation and therefore increase your chances.

I spent years trying to make it happen again and had no success, I turned my tactics after I began investing some time researching the methods used to research mountain gorillas, chimps and even on relationships between remote tribes of people.

If you can't beat them, join them.   

Norse...how do you like Sitka's stuff? I tried the Ascent pants and they fit and felt very comfortable. 

Which Sitka Optifade pattern did you choose? I'm considering the Subalpine.

What top works for the warm weather? The Ascent Shirt looks pretty sweet but very pricey.

I've always been partial to ASAT and have their Pro Vanish 3D leafy suit.  Pants drive my decision and I'm considering the ASAT Knarr, Sitka Ascent (Subalpine) and First Lite Corrugate (Cipher).  Any experience with these?

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I wear camo mostly. The latest has been Sitka gear. Ive certainly never had a hostile encounter by an unknown attacker.

If I had, it would have died by lead poisoning.

I really liked my Realtree AP and Scent Blocker activated carbon setup in the mid west but out here Sitka is awesome in fall to early spring.   It just gets pricey when in combo with the scent elimination included.

Some of the Predator camo patterns are awesome for the thick stuff and on a shale slope side where you can glass the valley floors.

Oh yeah, hardcore spot and stalker bow hunter right here.  ;)

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

That is correct, there is no doubt about it.    My sighting in 09 was just such an instance, I was scouting for deer ( in camo ) and I was in the right place at the right time.   

You are in a game of odds by population status and the interpretations of human behavior in their environment. 

If your goal is to catch animals passing through an area then I would consider deploying plotwatcher pros/trail cameras along power-lines and stream convergence points that have a long history of reports.  Power-lines put off all frequencies of sound and EMF, this likely will mask any ability for wildlife to detect your cameras beyond scent or sight.   This would better remove yourself from the situation and therefore increase your chances.

I spent years trying to make it happen again and had no success, I turned my tactics after I began investing some time researching the methods used to research mountain gorillas, chimps and even on relationships between remote tribes of people.

If you can't beat them, join them.   

Do you think a beast that can detect trail cams, and sneak up on people without failing ever, can be tricked by camo?

I think Camo is useless for Bigfoot, it is simply to enhance the Woods and Wildmen game that the Bigfooters are playing.

It makes them feel more outdoorsy and hunterish.

• Upvote 2

You do not believe Bigfoot is out there in the first place. So why even comment?

All apes including humans have trichromatic color vision.

Camo was developed to defeat human visual detection. But there are other senses that exist and can be honed. Such as hearing and smell.

• Upvote 1

Apes also don't have a tapedum lucidum, but Bigfoot does, why do you think Bigfoot has trichromatic vision?

Please explain in detail.

Who do you know Bigfoot has a night vision?! You explain...... 

Anyhow, I think Pencott greenzone would be good for you coastal guys.

0D3DDE3A-9012-4C70-A206-86FDBC618008.jpeg

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Do you think a beast that can detect trail cams, and sneak up on people without failing ever, can be tricked by camo?

I think Camo is useless for Bigfoot, it is simply to enhance the Woods and Wildmen game that the Bigfooters are playing.

It makes them feel more outdoorsy and hunterish.

I will be a loud mouth here and say that most who label themselves " Bigfoot Researcher " do this for just that reason, to look and feel like a guy in a secret operation. 

Most in this subject are in it to build a sense of self importance and or a social status ( whatever that is worth ).    The group people may be lumping as " researchers " is about 85% smaller than what is represented by the internet.

Many animals can detect trail cameras and a few species ( notably coyotes ) even have been documented avoiding them.   That being said, there are a few unpublished trail camera photos of what are likely Sasquatch.  

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic