The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

I think one of the best advantages the Bigfoot/Sasquatch subject has over a substantial number of researchers is the prevalent underestimation of the subject’s level of intelligence and their extraordinary physical abilities.  To assume they can easily be herded, lured and baited like a dumb animal didn’t work for me when I began I my quest for reliable answers.  They were always one or two steps ahead of me. 

To believe that a stranger can enter their forested areas of habitation without detection is a primary mistake that I made early in my field endeavors.  They are born and raised in these places and know it well like the back of their hand.  I eventually learned they know you are there long before you may ever hear a snap, crack, knock, vocal call or tossed rock.  If they perceive you as a threat (i.e. carrying a firearm or large camera equipment, lights etc.) and are furtively sneaking and moving about, you are very likely not going to experience any activity at all.

I discovered by field experience that their Achilles heel is the powerful nature of curiosity.  They can be very, very nosey at times!!  LOL!  If you casually enter an area looking like just a hiker or day packer-something they may see often-and just hang out in one location, they will come to discreetly observe you and try to figure out what you’re up to.  Freely talking and laughing only stokes their curiosity.  Cooking food is even a greater attraction especially if they are down wind from you.    

That doesn’t mean they will come strolling along the roadway or trail to see you.  They will use cover and concealment to perfection.  Usually staying in the second or third level of cover using the openings and gaps to side peek or peer up from foliage.  They may even belly crawl in short grass.  From a distance, it may only look like an unremarkable knot on the side of a tree, a shaded area under the dark canopy of trees or a small knoll in the grass.  Ninjas of the forest who won’t look out of place.   

The first photo I have attached as an example was taken while I was working in central Oklahoma at an oil well site out in the middle of nowhere.  It was miles off the public highway at the end of a controlled company access roadway.  I was in my company truck soaking up the A/C entering work notes that hot summer day.  I wasn’t Squatching, but I knew this was a prime location with wood cover, nearby creeks and food sources.  The only other person there was a bull dozer operator about 200 yards away working on a new well pad, the noise of it could be heard for over a mile.    

At some point I began to sense that distinctive feeling of being watched.  I looked up over the dash and scanned the front perimeter carefully considering the second levels of cover.  As I tuned to my far right, I noticed movement under a canopy of trees about 50-75 yards away but couldn’t make out anything in the dark shaded cover.

I kept looking then turned my head back slightly to the left but kept my eyes cut to the far right.  Bingo, I saw the sneaky Booger raise up then moved to the left behind a higher clump of brush.  He stood there peering at me as I acted like I was interested in something directly in front of my vehicle.  The glare on the front windshield possibly prevented him from seeing I was looking right back at him.  

Without looking down I felt for my camera always keeping my head pointed forward.  I got it turned on and lifted it up using the flip out LED screen to locate the subject, zoomed in the telephoto and snap this picture.  Right after this, they must have realized I had a camera and ducked away and ran. 

The way these subject blends in with the vegetation under the dark canopy and the distance (Telephoto make it look much closer than it is) most people would never notice them. 

The next picture clip is taken from a FLIR scope video I shot earlier this year in southern Kentucky.  I was sitting in a folding chair along a closed access road chatting with several other people.  We were just hanging out and letting the locals draw into us. 

It was a partial, late rising moon night, cool with a few light rain showers. 

The subject in the middle never let more than about a quarter of his face show even in the pitch-dark conditions.  Occasionally his shoulder and head would drift out a bit then vanish back in for a brief time.

The one that appears to be up in the tree on the right is on a sharp rise peering out from behind the side of the tree more openly. 

The last FLIR picture clip was taken last year in southern Missouri.  I watched this subject and at least two more observing us and moving about on a sharp ledge above a creek throwing rocks at other members of our party.  I remained in one location on an opposing rise (30 yards away) partially occluded by a pine tree.

I have found they have problems tracking multiple targets of interest.  They sometimes overlook or forget about someone remaining still with cover if other individuals move around the immediate area.  A sleeper position if you will.

It amazes me how even with dark conditions, these subjects can locate and move around so easily and hardly making a sound.  Their bursts of speed are amazing too.  

I really enjoy sharing this stuff I have been blessed with obtaining with interested people.  I am not trying to offer proof of their existence and don’t care about changing the skeptical public’s mind.  They will believe what they choose to believe.  No harm done!

Be blessed and safe

Midnight Owl                             

Talihina-6-5-12.jpg

Side peekers.jpg

008.jpg

I put together a quick gif of the 3 pics you claim to have taken

thesasquatchadvantage.gif.

Yes I agree, I don't think they are all knowing and perfect and on occasion the law of chance and averages does catch up with them.  I have spoken to more than one hunter that has had an unexpected encounter while remaining quiet staying in one place. 

The only thing in this discussion I am not in agreement with is that sasquatch know everything that goes on in their environment. Yes, eventually they do but in the interim hunters in tree stands have sightings. That tells me you can get lucky as they're passing through  and they will have no idea you're there.

I really do not believe that this is a true statement. The reason I say this is because when hunters go out and place their tree stands it is not an easy task  and is usually done before hunting season is even started. So during this time is when these creatures are aware of these stands in their area . This is why hunters who have shot their game are some times left looking for game that they cannot find that they had shot. These pass through may just be done on purpose and letting the observer know that they are there watching. But then one never knows. To have an observant hunter know when one does pass through in front of them that hunter has to understand the wind direction at the time of their sighting to say that the creature had no idea that it had no idea the hunter was there observing it. For myself for it being lucky is walking up on a creek and seeing one drinking water and observing the creature drinking from the creek and one taking a picture of performing the act. Maybe even being lucky and getting a photo of one walking across an open field with it not knowing you are taking it's photo. Being able to get a photo of one dispatching a deer for food or like you said having a hunter on a stand and observing a creature just walk on by wit out being notice. But then again where is the evidence of this. So yes these creatures are very aware of their environment and what steps into it that is foreign. If they were not aware there would be one on a slab and we would not be having these discussions.

39 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

So during this time is when these creatures are aware of these stands in their area .

On what evidence do you base this conclusion?

• Upvote 1

I am basing this on experience I have had while hunting. Do you honestly believe that these creatures Now the p are just walking by these hunters by chance when most hunters hunt an area for years that are good in game. Most hunters hunt the same area for years and will keep that area a secret. Especially if they have taken some nice game out in that area. No those walk bye's are just letting these hunters know that there is now competition in the area and it is doing it in a settled way. I agree with what Midnight Owl has posted and have experienced most of what he has and maybe more. Yes, I have tried to get evidence of photo's and even have tried to shoot one with my cross bow and have had no luck. They just seem to hide and stay out of range.They seem to know when they are hunted or are being photographed. They some how know the ranges of these so called trail cams which makes them use less. But the best luck seems to be with these thermos and they seem to not understand them. Calling them and knocking is a useless tool and only  makes them walk away from the observer. In my opinion it is best for us to be stealthy and walk up on them with thermos.

SSR Team

These examples can all be broken down to how self aware they are to their surroundings. And to what purpose they had being where they were where these hunters were.. If anything it would be the small ones that would get them selves in trouble and would learn as their mistakes are made at the time. As for the adults I am sure they have made their mistakes and have learned from them and have learned not to make them again. But they are not careless and are rarely alone.  

On 5/23/2018 at 3:07 PM, Midnight Owl said:

Arvedis, I was told by a habituator that once you are a marked person by them no matter where you go, the locals will know who you are.  I can't definitively state that's absolutely true, but I do know I have had a whole lot of success with contact since my close encounter with a family group who extended their trust in me.

MO, 

I wonder if this idea of being marked and it leading to having repeat contacts is not just being hyper-alert and fully aware of your surroundings once you had an encounter.

It only takes one shattering of reality to get anybody fully alert and off the autopilot mode in future camping trips.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, Midnight Owl said:

I think one of the best advantages the Bigfoot/Sasquatch subject has over a substantial number of researchers is the prevalent underestimation of the subject’s level of intelligence and their extraordinary physical abilities.  To assume they can easily be herded, lured and baited like a dumb animal didn’t work for me when I began I my quest for reliable answers.  They were always one or two steps ahead of me. 

To believe that a stranger can enter their forested areas of habitation without detection is a primary mistake that I made early in my field endeavors.  They are born and raised in these places and know it well like the back of their hand.  I eventually learned they know you are there long before you may ever hear a snap, crack, knock, vocal call or tossed rock.  If they perceive you as a threat (i.e. carrying a firearm or large camera equipment, lights etc.) and are furtively sneaking and moving about, you are very likely not going to experience any activity at all.

I discovered by field experience that their Achilles heel is the powerful nature of curiosity.  They can be very, very nosey at times!!  LOL!  If you casually enter an area looking like just a hiker or day packer-something they may see often-and just hang out in one location, they will come to discreetly observe you and try to figure out what you’re up to.  Freely talking and laughing only stokes their curiosity.  Cooking food is even a greater attraction especially if they are down wind from you.    

That doesn’t mean they will come strolling along the roadway or trail to see you.  They will use cover and concealment to perfection.  Usually staying in the second or third level of cover using the openings and gaps to side peek or peer up from foliage.  They may even belly crawl in short grass.  From a distance, it may only look like an unremarkable knot on the side of a tree, a shaded area under the dark canopy of trees or a small knoll in the grass.  Ninjas of the forest who won’t look out of place.   

The first photo I have attached as an example was taken while I was working in central Oklahoma at an oil well site out in the middle of nowhere.  It was miles off the public highway at the end of a controlled company access roadway.  I was in my company truck soaking up the A/C entering work notes that hot summer day.  I wasn’t Squatching, but I knew this was a prime location with wood cover, nearby creeks and food sources.  The only other person there was a bull dozer operator about 200 yards away working on a new well pad, the noise of it could be heard for over a mile.    

At some point I began to sense that distinctive feeling of being watched.  I looked up over the dash and scanned the front perimeter carefully considering the second levels of cover.  As I tuned to my far right, I noticed movement under a canopy of trees about 50-75 yards away but couldn’t make out anything in the dark shaded cover.

I kept looking then turned my head back slightly to the left but kept my eyes cut to the far right.  Bingo, I saw the sneaky Booger raise up then moved to the left behind a higher clump of brush.  He stood there peering at me as I acted like I was interested in something directly in front of my vehicle.  The glare on the front windshield possibly prevented him from seeing I was looking right back at him.  

Without looking down I felt for my camera always keeping my head pointed forward.  I got it turned on and lifted it up using the flip out LED screen to locate the subject, zoomed in the telephoto and snap this picture.  Right after this, they must have realized I had a camera and ducked away and ran. 

The way these subject blends in with the vegetation under the dark canopy and the distance (Telephoto make it look much closer than it is) most people would never notice them. 

The next picture clip is taken from a FLIR scope video I shot earlier this year in southern Kentucky.  I was sitting in a folding chair along a closed access road chatting with several other people.  We were just hanging out and letting the locals draw into us. 

It was a partial, late rising moon night, cool with a few light rain showers. 

The subject in the middle never let more than about a quarter of his face show even in the pitch-dark conditions.  Occasionally his shoulder and head would drift out a bit then vanish back in for a brief time.

The one that appears to be up in the tree on the right is on a sharp rise peering out from behind the side of the tree more openly. 

The last FLIR picture clip was taken last year in southern Missouri.  I watched this subject and at least two more observing us and moving about on a sharp ledge above a creek throwing rocks at other members of our party.  I remained in one location on an opposing rise (30 yards away) partially occluded by a pine tree.

I have found they have problems tracking multiple targets of interest.  They sometimes overlook or forget about someone remaining still with cover if other individuals move around the immediate area.  A sleeper position if you will.

It amazes me how even with dark conditions, these subjects can locate and move around so easily and hardly making a sound.  Their bursts of speed are amazing too.  

I really enjoy sharing this stuff I have been blessed with obtaining with interested people.  I am not trying to offer proof of their existence and don’t care about changing the skeptical public’s mind.  They will believe what they choose to believe.  No harm done!

Be blessed and safe

Midnight Owl                             

Midnight Owl I revisited, re-read and considered your post for a bit tonight.

The crossed out lines are where I cannot and should not believe a word you're typing.

Party On, Garth!!

I can't say with certainty one way or another Explorer.  What I do know is that these subjects at various times and places have manifested interest and contact with me.  I started having stuff occur around the house which is about 12 miles from the area of my first visual sighting.  Odd things that I won't go into here started happening around the house.  So much so that my spouse (Who doesn't claim to believe in them but knows I don't lie) asked me what is going on around here!?  I put up a 24/7 security video system around the house and most of the stuff stopped.  On one occasion I was out just as it grew dark watering the yard when something dark blasted past me at a high rate of speed.  I twisted and dodged away thinking it might have been a crow or a night hawk making a diving pass by me but when I looked up towards the neighbors porch light area nothing was flying away.  I didn't think too much more about it until I checked a game cam memory card I had placed over the front porch to complement the video system.  The IR flash caught me crossing the front walkway.  What that is to my right with long flowing hair I have no conclusive idea!  I'm 6 feet tall 260lbs to give you a size comparison.  Several weeks later doing yard work I noticed this bedding area next to the row of trees I was watering.  There's more I can relate in time...      

PICT0517.JPG

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

No harm no foul Squatchy.  What you choose to believe, read or accept doesn't change what I experienced out there and I share it just because I enjoy it.  Thanks for your feedback, that's what forums are for...

• Upvote 1

I enjoy it too, Midnight Owl

Keep on keepin' on.

Do you wear spectacles or contact lenses?

4 hours ago, Midnight Owl said:

PICT0517.JPG

At face value what you have here appears to be paranormal in nature. I have seen other cctv-like similar images with apparitions.

6 hours ago, Explorer said:

MO, 

I wonder if this idea of being marked and it leading to having repeat contacts is not just being hyper-alert and fully aware of your surroundings once you had an encounter.

It only takes one shattering of reality to get anybody fully alert and off the autopilot mode in future camping trips.

Just another of my wild theories, though who can say what sort of "mark" they are capable of doing to humans, the connection runs a range of possibilities.  It could be emotional, spiritual, scientific, or all/none of the above.

On 5/24/2018 at 6:59 PM, wiiawiwb said:

On what evidence do you base this conclusion?

Evidence is in hundreds of documented interactions. I have not looked at data but just knowing this field is enough.  Hunters in deer stands are probably one of the largest "metrics" of BF sightings due to the isolation and locations in areas they feed.The notion that BF does not know someone is in a deer stand does not hold up. Whatever form of detection it is, could be by smell, hearing humans or sensing their chakra vibrations, BF know when humans are around them within whatever radius.  Again, no data but simple math that no one has managed to get close enough yet.  

No SqMcSq, I don't wear glasses or contact lenses.  I did have cataract surgery a couple of years ago that has given me excellent 20/20 vision, so I don't have to check my glasses LOL!

As far as sharing more strange/paranormal like material (Which did happen around my house), I like many other people on this forum choose to keep those cards close to us.  More fodder for the skeptics to try and discredit us and the suggestions I'm a liar or fabricator don't set will with me.  Even more so when I know some punks safely setting behind their keyboards wouldn't dare treat or speak to me that way to my face.   

Some things are even hard for us to believe even when we've seen and experienced it.  When you have a third party like my lovely wife getting very upset you know this is not a misunderstanding or you imagination.

Be safe and have great Memorial Holiday honoring those brave men who gave their lives to insure our freedoms!