The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

If they are catching invasive species? They should be whackin em over the head and throwing them in the trash? There is a 10 dollar bounty here for Pike on the upper Columbia.

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

If they are catching invasive species? They should be whackin em over the head and throwing them in the trash? There is a 10 dollar bounty here for Pike on the upper Columbia.

I need to visit your area then. Getting paid to fight pike sounds great.

3 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

and I’ve never watched a single episode of Star Trek. Can’t stand the show.

If you haven't seen it, how do you know you don't like it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cotter said:

BD5B2B94-AD84-40FC-B658-7718F4EFE5C4.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, norseman said:

What do you consider pike?

(since we're derailing anyway)

In Wisconsin, we have Walleye Pike and Northern Pike (some also call it Pickerel in some areas, but I think they are really subspecies)

Yes it does. "Being a marked individual"... something I hear more and more. Sometimes you can't help but think... "how in the heck did you know I'd be here??" Is it just a function of a prolific population, or is there something more going on? It is strange that some people can spend so much time outdoors and never cross paths with them (to their knowledge), while others happen upon them almost anywhere they go. I'm still at the point where I think it's just a matter of them being experts at reading our body language and interpreting our intentions... but I'm wondering if there's more. I know this stuff makes folks uncomfortable, but it's a lot more interesting than talking about the merits of having scofftics around.

This is just another example of how their advantages mystify people. There is a trend in observations, but because it implies abilities that are beyond our comprehension (even if not paranormal!), people are inclined to reject such a trend, and will often reject the observations involved in illustrating it. 

What is in bold is very disturbing for me. How are some of us being marked by them and having them find us in a area that we choose to be ?If it is not paranormal then what else could it be. I chose a specific area so that I could understand the noises of the forest that are made in that area. An area where I knew that these creatures were no where in this area. So how did they come to this area and find a specific person in that area. The only way to understand this is by being marked in some way. This is some strange stuff  that needs to be addressed. It bothers me and I am not sure if it bothers others but it should. Scofftics just do not bother me at all since the stuff that I have experienced is true. And there is still more things that I Cannot explain and I am pretty sure others have experienced. But just do not want to come out with it. But Midnight Owl you are doing a great job and a bravo Zulu. :) 

It could simply be an increased awareness of the human, nothing supernatural about it. For instance, it has been proven to me that I have some kind of heightened ability to spot snakes when my companions absolutely don't see them. I've stood on rocks in the Blue Ridge and had to point to a rattler coiled not three feet from where we were standing, and they STILL couldn't see it. In walking through brushy terrain, I'm always going to be the one who spots the snake, poisonous or not.  I don't know why that is the case, at all. I could speculate though it might have something to do with being very nearsighted, or maybe it is how my brain interprets patterns, or how my retina perceives colors. If I were a native, it might be interpreted as me having "snake medicine" of some kind. I just don't know, but I do believe each of us has a particular talent for noticing something when others might not. It might be the case with BF spotters.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

Yep, that's what we call the Northern Pike.  They're everywhere in the waters around here.  Super fun fish to catch.  Too bad they're wreaking havoc in your neck of the woods.  They are actually quite tasty and provide 3 filets (sort of, you get a left, right, and top filet when you work around the y bones).  A favorite to pickle around here too! 

@Shadowborn.

Weird question, but what is your fluoride intake?  You on city water or anything?  Also, weird question I know, but do you meditate?

Edited by Cotter
  • Upvote 1

You should see the gar pike in Lake Erie. In spawning season, I can paddle my kayak into a reedy area close to shore and be entirely surrounded by gar pike. They are cool to look at. I don't see them caught as much on a rod and reel, but I know they are in there in large numbers. 

2 hours ago, Cotter said:

I fell asleep in a theatre in 1979 at Star Trek the Motion Picture. I was expecting Star Wars, I got star bored. :) 

2 hours ago, Cotter said:

What do you consider pike?

(since we're derailing anyway)

In Wisconsin, we have Walleye Pike and Northern Pike (some also call it Pickerel in some areas, but I think they are really subspecies)

Here’s how my grandpa taught me the hierarchy: 

Walleye<pickerel<pike(northern/gar) but generally considered cousins.

Then you’ve got the grand daddy of them all, muskelunge aka Muskie. That’s the bugger that has eluded my lures my whole life so far, but I watched my neighbour catch one on my rod on his first cast.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

.....but I watched my neighbour catch one on my rod on his first cast.

That's because as far as the Muskie are concerned? You are not a 'marked' individual- but your neighbor is ;) 

I fell asleep in a theatre in 1979 at Star Trek the Motion Picture. I was expecting Star Wars, I got star bored. :) 

Here’s how my grandpa taught me the hierarchy: 

Walleye<pickerel<pike(northern/gar) but generally considered cousins.

Then you’ve got the grand daddy of them all, muskelunge aka Muskie. That’s the bugger that has eluded my lures my whole life so far, but I watched my neighbour catch one on my rod on his first cast.

I used to have an awesome outdoors book. Printed back in the 40's or 50's, sometime way back when. It was thick as a dictionary and had everything someone would want to know about fishing/hunting/camping. Even had photo pages of hunting rifles, reels, etc. It was awesome.

Also had techniques for how to trap, hunt,camp,fish, etc. It showed how Muskie fishermen would take a rat like you buy at the pet store and tie a large hook to it. They would then put it in the water and let it swim around. It was said to be a sure fire technique for catching trophy Muskies. You'd probably go to jail for animal cruelty these days though for doing that to a rat. 

That book was awesome, wish I still had it. Ended up swapping it for a pistol.

Pike eat Salmon and Steelhead. Thats like introducing Wolves to reduce Elk herds in the west.

Lead balloon.

Pike are really fun to catch. They’re probably in every body of water here in MN. They are a ferocious, toothy critter. I’ve caught countless hammer handles that have swallowed a lure the same size they are.