• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
Whistler

Foot tracks found near Mt. Rainier..

29 posts in this topic

I ran across this online, and I didn’t see it posted. Don’t know much about it, but those tracks look pretty deep. Wonder how hard the ground was there that day..? Let me know what y’all think :)

https://m.imgur.com/a/q9IOyzM

Cheers!

Very nice set of prints, I know this general area very well and I will note that Sasquatch are often spotted in that area in the early to mid summer.   Cool post.

Nice find!

What man wears Crocs while out hiking?!?!

Interesting photos; thanks for posting. The size difference between the people's feet and the track was amazing. Credit goes to them for taking the photos with their feet in the track. It would have been nice if they could have measured the track.

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

What man wears Crocs while out hiking?!?!

LOL, everyone from Seattle.  :rolleyes:

When you consider the husband was wearing crocs, the wife was wearing sandals and the daughter was wearing canvas sneakers, I get the idea they were really out more for a drive in the mountains with maybe a little walking around at various stops. The dog looks like it was at the edge of a gravel road. 

2 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

When you consider the husband was wearing crocs, the wife was wearing sandals and the daughter was wearing canvas sneakers, I get the idea they were really out more for a drive in the mountains with maybe a little walking around at various stops. The dog looks like it was at the edge of a gravel road. 

My thoughts too, OkieFoot. I tried to figure just where the photo was taken from using Google Earth. It's difficult to match exactly with the focal length of the camera or cell phone but the accompanying images from G.E. should be pretty close.

xZmtZ6G.jpg

Ranier.jpg

POV of Ranier.jpg

The greater travesty in this is wearing black socks with the crocs. 

Posted (edited)

Great post Airdale and i'm with you 100% on that location which is looking East towards the mountain right ?

Edited by BobbyO

4 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Great post Airdale and i'm with you 100% on that location which is looking East towards the mountain right ?

I believe south-east but more south..

Airdale, I think you nailed it on the location, nice work.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:49 PM, Airdale said:

My thoughts too, OkieFoot. I tried to figure just where the photo was taken from using Google Earth. It's difficult to match exactly with the focal length of the camera or cell phone but the accompanying images from G.E. should be pretty close.

xZmtZ6G.jpg

Ranier.jpg

POV of Ranier.jpg

Perfect!

Thanks guys. Yes, Nathan, I marked the point of view with the yellow pin located almost due east of Tacoma. I have family in the Seattle area and have spent a bit of time around Ranier National Park and a lot more studying the area on Google Earth.

The location is on NF-7550, likely accessed via the Crystal River Ranch Road E off of Highway 410 east of Greenwater, Washington. Greenwater, the home of Barb Shupe, is shown incorrectly on a forested hillside on the desktop version of Google Earth, about 1.29 miles east of the actual town which is located on Highway 410 along the White River (the mobile version of G.E. has it located correctly). I've attached Street View photos of Greenwater looking WNW and the junction of Highway 410 with Crystal River Ranch Road E below.

Greenwater.jpg

Crystal River Ranch Road.jpg

Look at how they pave all their roads out there in the boondocks! The worst part is that being 30 miles inside the Washington line?

I helped pay to build them!

:mellow: