• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
Whistler

Foot tracks found near Mt. Rainier..

29 posts in this topic

Even some of the National Forest roads are paved, at least around Packwood and Randall. Thanks Norse.

2 hours ago, Airdale said:

Even some of the National Forest roads are paved, at least around Packwood and Randall. Thanks Norse.

Are you a local Airdale ?  I am just 30 minutes outside of Seattle. 

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I believe south-east but more south..

Airdale, I think you nailed it on the location, nice work.

The tipped Google Earth screen grab freaked me out, but i'm seeing it now.

Edited by BobbyO

10 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

Are you a local Airdale ?  I am just 30 minutes outside of Seattle.

I live in Montana City near Helena but starting with my dad's siblings in the 1920's a lot of my family migrated out to the coast. My three older sibs in the fifties and now both our son and daughter and grandkids are in Seattle, while my oldest sister and some of her kid's families live in Sammamish. We get out several times a year.

Good orienteering Airedale. Yes that's in Barb and Gabby country. 

On 6/6/2018 at 11:15 AM, norseman said:

Look at how they pave all their roads out there in the boondocks! The worst part is that being 30 miles inside the Washington line?

I helped pay to build them!

:mellow:

The USFS paved many roads in the Gifford Pinchot National in the 70's and 80's, must have had money to burn. But that means everyone in the US paid for them. Now they are spending thousands tearing roads up. Can't even access them for fires. Yet the main access roads like FS road 25 are falling apart between Randle and Cougar. It's hard to fathom what they consider important. 

2 minutes ago, BigTreeWalker said:

The USFS paved many roads in the Gifford Pinchot National in the 70's and 80's, must have had money to burn. But that means everyone in the US paid for them. Now they are spending thousands tearing roads up. Can't even access them for fires. Yet the main access roads like FS road 25 are falling apart between Randle and Cougar. It's hard to fathom what they consider important. 

But why the Pinchot? And not the Colville or Kaniksu?

Had to have something to do with Seattle...... Im not complaining because I like the solitude? But my house is on a dirt road. Let alone logging roads on forest service ground. You know what Im saying!

I couldn't believe it when I found those blacktop roads to nowhere years ago. But Seattle is closer to the Snoqualmie NF. Don't know how it is up there. 

19 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

I couldn't believe it when I found those blacktop roads to nowhere years ago. But Seattle is closer to the Snoqualmie NF. Don't know how it is up there. 

The middle fork road area near North Bend has been entirely paved in the last year to the trail head, there is still one section unpaved.   That area will very likely be producing reports over the next few years between September and November.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, BigTreeWalker said:

And, up here in BC, Timber West Forestry is gating many of their FSR's on Vancouver Island. We can't get in to a lot of areas bordering and leading into Strathcona Provincial Park. Years ago, we had all kinds of access to backwoods areas for our research. Now, almost none.

It makes me wonder if there's a deeper reason than just keeping people out. It's doubtful but maybe they do know bigfoot exists and are trying to protect them. As I say doubtful! One thing it does do is keep people corralled in the more populated areas. If anyone has heard of agenda 21, that's the purpose behind it, to contain people to specific areas.

I don't know the real reason but we are definitely being kept out of more and more areas every year. That is undeniable. 

Posted (edited)

Agenda 21 has been a 'thing' for a number of years now and is supposed to be, at least on the surface, a program for resource sustainability for the planet since it is a U.N. agenda. But some of the underlying issues pertain to land use and what powers governments have over the extraction of resources from even private land. It also speaks to development as one of those 'resources'. Personally I see the recent roll back of EPA restrictions as fitting in quite well with Agenda 21. On several occasions over the past couple of years I have mentioned the Sasquatch discovery window closing. It does seem to be a race of sorts between open and accessible research and regulations. One thing I have an issue with is trail camera restrictions on public lands and both state and national parks paid for by our taxes.

I mean what is wrong with remote placement of a game cam? Especially in an area that is off limits to hunting? Sure, intrusion stresses animals but how much intrusion are we talking about here since most cameras wouldn't be more than a few feet or yards off trail. I mean what is everyone afraid of? That someone might catch a Bigfoot on video taking a whiz or something? ;) 

Edited by hiflier

On 5/29/2018 at 0:30 PM, NatFoot said:

What man wears Crocs while out hiking?!?!

There was a suspected hoaxer a few years ago that published a supposed video of a BF.   He was wearing Crocks too and was with his wife who had to be involved if it was a hoax.    With some investigation people figured out that the video was taken in a county park.   At the time everyone wondered who would hike in Crocks.    The audio of their conversation sounded like acting.     I wonder if it is the same guy?  

26 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

There was a suspected hoaxer a few years ago that published a supposed video of a BF.   He was wearing Crocks too and was with his wife who had to be involved if it was a hoax.    With some investigation people figured out that the video was taken in a county park.   At the time everyone wondered who would hike in Crocks.    The audio of their conversation sounded like acting.     I wonder if it is the same guy?  

My dad hikes in crocs from time to time and so do MANY of the people from Seattle.       I see it all the time. 

I suppose it depends on your definition of hiking and the conditions you encounter if Crocks are adequate.    As a mostly solo hiker I would not risk a sprained ankle or worse made more likely by wearing crocks or any other low shoes without ankle support.  Too each their own.