What To Do When Confronting Bf?

georgerm

it's likely everyone in the family group will try to rip your head off your shoulders. Chris B.

This is about the LEAST likely thing that I can ever imagine happening. I think a Great White Shark attacking me, whilst swimming in Lake Michigan is far more likely.

The creatures seem peaceful enough but it you kill a family member, it's likely everyone in the family group will try to rip your head off your shoulders. Chris B.

Wow... :blink:. I'm wondering what you would base making such an unambiguous statement as this one on.

I'm aware of the *Ape Canyon* story. In fact, it is my favorite of all time. But what other accounts would lead you to the above conclusion?

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Wow... :blink:. I'm wondering what you would base making such an unambiguous statement as this one on.

I'm aware of the *Ape Canyon* story. In fact, it is my favorite of all time. But what other accounts would lead you to the above conclusion?

HR, that opinion is based on known primate behavior. Look into how baby gorillas and chimps are collected (or were collected) for examples of protective primate behavior. The primate family group will not tolerate attacks against members. Why would anyone feel unknown primates would be any different? Just because a species demonstrates passive behavior in most reported accounts, that same species could be just as likely to be highly protective of it's family members if you were to harm one. It's also my opinion that while the creatures may be spotted alone most of the time, they do live in family groups.

Another example: Look at yourself, I'll bet you're a heck of a nice guy and pleasant to most people you meet, but if someone was to harm one of your children (or family members), I doubt they'd see your pleasant side. ;) The main point I want to get across with my previous statement about what I feel you Don't wanna do is: if someone shoots one of these creatures they need to be prepared, the remaining members of the group are not gonna be happy campers. Chris B.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

This is about the LEAST likely thing that I can ever imagine happening. I think a Great White Shark attacking me, whilst swimming in Lake Michigan is far more likely.

Try grabbing a baby gorilla away from it's family group next time you're in Africa and let me know how that goes......Chris B. ;)

Try grabbing a baby gorilla away from it's family group next time you're in Africa and let me know how that goes......Chris B.

What does that have to do with shooting a Bigfoot, and getting attacked by it's family group? You are talking about stealing a Gorilla's baby.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

What does that have to do with shooting a Bigfoot, and getting attacked by it's family group? You are talking about stealing a Gorilla's baby.

I'm comparing known primate behavior to unknown primate behavior. Why would unknown primates be any different? I'm sure they'd care about their family members just as much if not more than known primates. If they really are closer to us, than they are to gorillas, would it really be too much of a stretch to think they would care about their family members? Chris B.

Guest Joey Kay

Why are some people so pedantic(i think thats how you use that word) here, its like people wanna argue. Hes making a comparison, I know a gorrila is way different to a bf But still cant the guy jus have an opinion. Im with him too if there is a group of bf and you attack one, those guys are gonna flip out. Anyone animal/human would protect their fam.

Edited by Joey Kay

Admin

HR, that opinion is based on known primate behavior. Look into how baby gorillas and chimps are collected (or were collected) for examples of protective primate behavior.

And how did we find this out? by studying actual (tangible-living-breathing) colonies of those primates you listed.

Why would anyone feel unknown primates would be any different? Just because a species demonstrates passive behavior in most reported accounts, that same species could be just as likely to be highly protective of it's family members if you were to harm one. It's also my opinion that while the creatures may be spotted alone most of the time, they do live in family groups.

I don't think it's too much to ask for you to qualify this statement. Are you aware of any studies of live Bigfoot colonies and their behaviours?

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

And how did we find this out? by studying actual (tangible-living-breathing) colonies of those primates you listed.

I don't think it's too much to ask for you to qualify this statement. Are you aware of any studies of live Bigfoot colonies and their behaviours?

I have spent quite a bit of time at the Alamogordo Primate Research Facility back in the 80's. It was common knowledge that the baby chimps that were brought there from Africa were captured in the wild and most of their families were killed during their capture. I think there are plenty of other examples of protective behavior if you look for them.

You ask me to qualify my opinion? Geez, by studying the behavior of known primates could shed some light on the behavior of unknown primates. Not much of a stretch really. Isn't everyone studying Bigfoot colonies and their behavior? Chris B.

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY

First I want to say that an M1911 with some hp ammo would probably be felt by a squatchy. 7-8 rounds center mass would be hard to ignore. Or just use FMJ ball ammo. Just have a couple of clips, lol. Like I said, it would be option of last resort.

Second, how do we know anything about dinosaur behavior? We don't. We do look at similar animals (fill that niche) that still survive (be it crocodiles, lions, or birds) and we make a pretty good educated guess.

That brings us to C, I think that other than what little is allegedly observed about squatchy we have to make educated guesses. Majority of the great apes live in family groups. For the most part humans do as well. Sure there is the odd hermit, but for the most part we are gregarious animals. One could make the leap that a squatch would be similar. That may be a reason most sightings appear to be male. Possibly patrolling the homestead for the wife and kids. Even if this isn't the case I would certainly rather assume this is a possibility if I'm going to put a clip in a sasquatch. Hope for the best prepare for the worst kind of thing. Hope that its the only sasquatch in the area but be prepared that it might not be. I think that is a way to play it safe. Better than dropping a sasquatch and then sitting down to take a breather and completely letting your guard down and then realizing something is breathing down your neck. Just a thought.

Admin

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, however I question the comparisons between behaviours of known Gorillas/Chimps/etc with Creatures that are not verified/cataloged and are seemingly intangible.

I don't know of anyone that's studying an actual BF colony, I know a few who are studying/researching the topic and conducting field research but that's about it.

Second, how do we know anything about dinosaur behavior? We don't. We do look at similar animals (fill that niche) that still survive (be it crocodiles, lions, or birds) and we make a pretty good educated guess.

Well, those pesky fossils and teeth did help us out just a tad.

efc

Edited by masterbarber

Why are some people so pedantic(i think thats how you use that word) here, its like people wanna argue. Hes making a comparison, I know a gorrila is way different to a bf But still cant the guy jus have an opinion. Im with him too if there is a group of bf and you attack one, those guys are gonna flip out. Anyone animal/human would protect their fam.

No, I don't want to argue, I am stressing the point, that Shooting an adult bigfoot, is not the same as threatening an infant gorilla.

The comparison should be: Shooting a BF, is like Shooting a Gorilla.

In fact, I am recalling that Mountain Gorillas in the Congo are unfortunately very easy to poach. This being due to their close proximity to humans. Of course this close proximity to humans is also evident in many of the Bigfoot sighting reports we recieve every year.

I certainly wouldn't want to try and grab an infant gorilla however. But that scenario is different from shooting an adult gorilla.

Edited by Drew

I'm not saying we should state it in absolutes. Nothing is absolute about such a creature including its existence. In a shooting situation though I'd rather be safe on my way out of the woods than sorry. Again we are talking about and animal that very likely may not be there to shoot.

As far as dinosaurs their remains do show us that they existed, and if they were omnivors, carnivors, or herbavors, how fast they could possibly run, but not much about behavior. There is a fair bit of conjecture there and they do use living analogues to help them make an educated guess. That was what I was getting at. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Edited by Colossus

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, however I question the comparisons between behaviours of known Gorillas/Chimps/etc with Creatures that are not verified/cataloged and seemingly intangible.

I don't know of anyone that's studying an actual BF colony, I know a few who are studying/researching the topic and conducting field research but that's about it.

Well, those pesky fossils and teeth did help us out just a tad.

To be fair to all my statement should say :IF the creatures exist, then, a comparison of behavior of known primates MIGHT show similar or shared behaviors. Of course if the creatures are not real then nobody will ever shoot one, observe one, or be in a situation of being attacked by one and everything I have ever written down about Bigfoot would be of no use to anyone..... :D Chris B.

• masterbarber locked this topic