Possible Rock Chunkers Modus Operandi

Midnight Owl

Last month I was up in the central U.S. less than 100 miles from the Canadian border.  It was well after dark as we sat by a remote lake in folding chairs.  One of the people gave an intense blood curdling scream that gave me goose bumps and my hair stood up LOL!  It was a 10+ plus on anything I ever heard even from Animal Planet!!

Within a minute’s time we heard a distant call, then another and another all drawing closer.  The last two sounded like they were about 100 yards up the gentle slope where the vehicles were parked.  Immediately after that an object landed in the woods beside us and you could hear it roll towards the water.

Soon after this you could make out a faint glow of two small lights up where the vehicles were parked.  From previous experiences I took this to be eyeshine.  It remained in one spot, was a faint light blue-not anything like the lightning bugs moving about and flashing bright white around us.  This light did not flicker and flash but remained constant. 

Without using any light source, I slowly made my way back up the trail towards the vehicles.  I was hearing pronounced footsteps and movement in the thick woods on both side of me.  It grew more active the closer I got to the vehicles and the eyeshine dipped away.  I turned on my thermal scope and scanned both sides of me but couldn’t see anything.  The vegetation was too thick and blocked anything past the first level of trees.  I then focused on the vehicles location. 

At about 50 yards from the road, I could make out this thermal signature moving in the light brush across the road.  It appeared to be slowly moving like a belly crawler.  I moved closer and the body shaped now appeared to be laying sideways behind the brush that was not too thick to block the heat signature.

I have taken enhanced clips from my thermal video.  I want to be perfectly clear here folks.  I am not trying to conclusively prove anything, just sharing.  If it hurts your eyes or doesn’t meet your strict approval “Don’t look Ethel!!!” LOL!  Go look somewhere else for perfect material.  No harm done, I haven’t made a dime.   

You can see the first picture shows the subject either belly crawling or down on all fours.  I move closer after this.  The next series show the subject lying down on their side reaching in front of them.  You can see other heat signatures that appear to be rocks, which do hold residual heat well after sunset.

What I find interesting is in this sideways position, the subject could use a full side arm throwing motion like a soldier throwing a grenade without lifting or exposing their position.  This couldn’t be done in the first position on all fours.  You would only see a momentary flash of their hand and arm if you were looking right at it even in the day time.  I suspect this location is used during the day to watch just who parks by the lake.  Sadly, heavy rains set in preventing any detailed exploration the following day.   

I enjoy sharing folks.  Any thoughts or opinions of this unique and very interesting activity?           

A-Belly crawler.jpg

B-lying on side.jpg

C-Close-up.jpg

D-reaching.jpg

E-Close-up reaching.jpg

F-Close-up reaching-enhanced.jpg

• Upvote 2

Midnightowl

The way the signature looks on the thermo  looks, I would say that they are a bunch of people grouped together and hiding behind a solid object. I am willing to say that it is three individuals one behind the other.  Which is showing like it is one big formation Now whether they are creatures or people I cannot say and the only way tio say would be to walk right up on them with a weapon to find out at the time of the sighting to see what their reaction would be after you would flash a light right on them. If they were creatures you could of had a great shot right on their center of mass on at least two of them . But then they could of been humans in gillie suites . But it does seem odd that they seem to be stand they same way with their feet apart at shoulder width with their arms at there sides. All except for that third one. It is hard to make out their face since the thermo does not pick on the head area where it should pick up the most hot area. But the shoulders do look wide and those legs look all full big for a human. But unless you actually walked up on these subjects it would be hard to tell from what you have what they are. Too bad that you could not have walked up on them with your pistol on them. 

I want a thermal scope! :(

Honestly I can see the “hit” but cannot make it out.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I want a thermal scope! :(

Honestly I can see the “hit” but cannot make it out.

I don't have a scope but I bought a ATN 1.25 x 5 thermal hand held  recorder  , it's not even close to a real top of the line but for $1700  it really does  do well .

Edited by 7.62

Yep it's not crystal clear for sure.  There is grass in front of the subject that appears like smoke dulling the image.  Thanks for the feedback folks.    

Interesting account MO.  No offense but how are any of you making anything out but blobsquatches?   Talks of legs and arms is beyond my ability to make out.  Not saying it’s not there but I don’t see it.  Does the video show a lot more detail ?

Guest NessieRider

Help me out here folks, MO is seeing all this detail while looking through the thermal, yet the images actually produced don't even come close to what was reported.

Soneone care to explain?

The video is very shaky Twist I wasn't using a tripod.  I can go back and see if I can slow it down and steady it.  If so I will post it.  These subjects are extremely hard to get them to present themselves in a perfect environment for documentation of any kind.  It is often a brief passing moment that will never happen again.  Scores of folks with cameras hanging on their necks have forgot to take that once in a lifetime picture because it was so profoundly shocking to them before they gained their wits back.  These subjects are ninjas of the forest and learn avoidance is paramount to their survival.  If it were easy the web would be full of things well beyond blobsquatches.    

Case in point:

I was out just over a month ago with two very experienced researchers and one newbie.  We were walking a secluded wooded trail in south-central Texas.  I had a good auto focus camera ready in my hand.  One person noticed a dark shape move off to our left and quickly call out the location.  I keyed on it and began videoing the subject and zoomed in on it.  At 52X the image was rocking like I was on a boat and the auto focus was going nuts.  I dropped down to one knee to steady the camera and found the subject was gone.  It happened that fast.  Most people would have never noticed it in the first place.

I have attached two photo clips from that video.  The first shows the actual distance with the subject's head visible as a dark shape.  The second close-up shows how the subject is blending in with the leaves, branches and vines to perfection.  This is talent which helps them elude detection time and time again.        

Actual distance.jpg

Day watcher.jpg

Hey Folks I just love sharing with absolutely nothing to prove.  I've seen and interacted with these subjects multiple occasions and know they are real.  Changing a skeptic's mind is not my desire.  I find no greater pleasure than to be out in the field and watch a newbie's bug eyed revelation that these subjects really are real LOL!   Now that being said, these subjects never cease to amaze me on how they can do what they do.  I have far more questions than answers that's for sure!  

On 6/30/2018 at 7:47 PM, ShadowBorn said:

The way the signature looks on the thermo  looks, I would say that they are a bunch of people grouped together and hiding behind a solid object. I am willing to say that it is three individuals one behind the other.  Which is showing like it is one big formation.

This is an intriguing theory that had me thinking about other, similar image captures - non thermal - where you can almost but not quite determine what you are looking at.  The first image that comes to mind and the hardest to solve because it is just so strange is from a book by Tom Burnette and the late Rob Riggs.  Thankfully, I found it posted online: https://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/2014/4/30/bigfoot-hiding-big-thicket-east-texas-may-2014

Hard to tell if this is stacked creatures but it is at least one of them in some kind of defensive posture.  In the book, Mr. Burnette describes his relationship with the creatures who infested his sprawling property.  His story resembles a common scenario for habitautors who feed them.  The creatures slowly trust the habituator enough that they allow brief glimpses of them.  Since that does not appear to be a trail cam shot, I will rely on my memory of reading the book. Burnette captured that photo in a moment of quick thinking. The creature or creatures apparently went into a defensive posture.  The floor is open to other theories of course. 

I fully accept the credibility of Burnette and Riggs and do not suspect this photo is doctored.

Edited by Arvedis