Native American Sasquatch dance

norseman

Norse my group of Native Friends (there are many of them from many different paths) don't consider Bigfoot a real thing. Shoot at that.

Thanks Pat! I think its cool that you are a Native researcher!

I was raised very close to the Colville Indian Reservation. Jim Boyd in my last video was Sinixt or lake band Salish. He has recently passed away. Anyhow the belief in Sasquatch is very strong here..... But I also think that western tribes being subjated last and very recently, have been able to hold onto their beliefs better than their eastern cousins.

But I simply posted the video because its cool. I like anthropology. We Europeans owe a debt of gratitude to Indians or First Nations people as they are called in Canada. They gave us myths and legends and stories about the land in which we now reside. Some whites know their family origins and traditions..... most do not. I can remember celebrating Potlatch in kindergarten!

Also studying pre Christian cultures in northern Europe reminds me that we were not all that different at one time.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Norse my group of Native Friends (there are many of them from many different paths) don't consider Bigfoot a real thing. Shoot at that.

Are you saying that 100% of the natives you queried said " they don't consider Bigfoot to be a real thing"?

Kinda sounds like it's what he's sayin' Twist, his many different Native friends don't think bigfoot is real. Thus his joke at norseman, try puttin' lead in a myth.

• Upvote 1

He referenced him and his N.A friends having a similar view on BF.   He did not mention questioning N.A's on their BF belief.

All my German friends love Sauerkraut.   Does that mean 100% of Germans I queried love sauerkraut?  No it does not.         

Twist,

He said non of his friends considered bigfoot real, indiefoot simply asked if that is the same response he got from all the Natives he asked. Your response reminds me to check the expiry date on my jar of sauerkraut in the fridge, haha, but...clearly you're suggestin' exactly what indiefoot was leadin' at I believe. Some of my Native friends do...some don't, some of my non Native friends do...some don't.   

norseman,

Here's a dancer from Alert Bay last summer at Aboriginal Day here in Nanaimo, the Dzunukwa. 

Pat...

Dzunukwa.JPG

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Twist said:

He referenced him and his N.A friends having a similar view on BF.   He did not mention questioning N.A's on their BF belief.

All my German friends love Sauerkraut.   Does that mean 100% of Germans I queried love sauerkraut?  No it does not.         

Then why did he comment in the first place? Does his claim that his native buddies don't believe in Bigfoot negate the dance on the video? Of course not.

He is just a JREF troll running around our website stirring the pot.... if he gets a nut he immediately runs back to the JREF tree and shows them his catch, in which hopefully they give him atta boys and back slaps. I can tell you what the point of conversation is over there just by the subject of the threads he starts here. 

Its best just to ignore him. He is no friend of any of us here, nor our website.

29 minutes ago, PBeaton said:

Twist,

He said non of his friends considered bigfoot real, indiefoot simply asked if that is the same response he got from all the Natives he asked. Your response reminds me to check the expiry date on my jar of sauerkraut in the fridge, haha, but...clearly you're suggestin' exactly what indiefoot was leadin' at I believe. Some of my Native friends do...some don't, some of my non Native friends do...some don't.   

norseman,

Here's a dancer from Alert Bay last summer at Aboriginal Day here in Nanaimo, the Dzunukwa. 

Pat...

Dzunukwa.JPG

Very cool!

This account of Sasquatch comes from a missionary staying with the Spokane tribe in 1840.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/walker.htm

• Upvote 2

Here's a ol' report thanks to John Bindernagel, pg 36, The Discovery of the Sasquatch. Natives wouldn't go into the area knowin' what was there. Also as noted, the track find.

IMG_1012.JPG

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, norseman said:

Then why did he comment in the first place? Does his claim that his native buddies don't believe in Bigfoot negate the dance on the video? Of course not.

He is just a JREF troll running around our website stirring the pot.... if he gets a nut he immediately runs back to the JREF tree and shows them his catch, in which hopefully they give him atta boys and back slaps. I can tell you what the point of conversation is over there just by the subject of the threads he starts here. 

Its best just to ignore him. He is no friend of any of us here, nor our website.

Looks like you just answered your own question on why he commented in the first place.  

Worse than commenting in the first place is commenting and twisting his words, thats got more potential to fuel the fire than anything else.   

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Looks like you just answered your own question on why he commented in the first place.  

Worse than commenting in the first place is commenting and twisting his words, thats got more potential to fuel the fire than anything else.   

Worse yet? Is the BFF beating ourselves up over the actions of a troll.

9 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Here's a ol' report thanks to John Bindernagel, pg 36, The Discovery of the Sasquatch. Natives wouldn't go into the area knowin' what was there. Also as noted, the track find.

IMG_1012.JPG

Nice find!