Field trips 2.0

BC witness

I see that the old thread on this subject has been locked, probably because I've been lazy about posting to it in over a year, so here we go with a new one.

Please feel free to tell us about any outings that you make, whether for serious research, or just to get out there and enjoy nature's beauty. You don't have to give specific locations, but a general idea of the place would be nice, and pictures even better.

I'll kick it off with my group's most recent one, today, Sunday, July 15th.

Our usual small group of 4 has made a number of trips into the field in the past year, some to investigate sightings, and others to look for evidence, and today's was a combination of both. Our first objective was to visit the scene of a sighting that was just recently reported to Thomas by an acquaintance of his from the Harrison Lake region. Unfortunately, it occurred about a year ago, so there was no expectation of finding any hard evidence, but we did want to check out the site to get a feel for the story. The witness had been canoeing on a small lake about 5km north of Hwy 7, between Mission and Hope, and reported seeing a large dark figure cross a rocky area at the north end of the lake. That was all we knew of the event as we drove to that lake today.

We stopped along the west shore of the lake, to look north for the rocky area he had mentioned. There are a couple of rock outcrops on the east shore, accessible only by canoe, and another exposed rockface higher on the steep slope on the north end of the lake, beyond the marshy shore there. We continued along the logging road on the west side, and a few hundred meters past the marsh, found a deactivated road, blocked by large boulders, heading east across the rise at the end of the lake. Thomas and I parked, and hiked in on that trail, soon finding ourselves crossing the base of the rockface that is visible from the lake. We came to the conclusion that the witness had probably seen someone/something walking the same path we were on. Thomas plans to contact the witness again, to confirm that we were in the spot where he saw the figure, so this is still inconclusive.

After heading back to the highway for lunch, the others headed home, but I wanted to check out an area I hadn't been able to access for about 3 years, due to a locked gate at the branch I wanted to explore. Today the gate was open, with a warning that it is an active logging block, and the gate is locked at sunset. I still had lots of time, so I proceeded to the end of both the north and south branches of the roads along the large creek valley. There is plenty of good habitat in this valley, though the fact that it is currently being logged has likely spooked most wildlife deep into the forests. I'll definitely come back here a year or two after the loggers are done, and see what sign can be found in there.

Some pics of the top end of the side valley, taken from the active cutting site:

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

• Upvote 3

Thanks BC my favorite kind of thread. Nice picture of some beautiful country. I'll try to get out there and get some pictures and look for tracks. Looking forward to more and update, thanks again

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Thank you BC, nice write up and thanks for the pics..

I'll add some WA ones next week..;)

Thanks for those pics, norse. I did come across several of those nice dark berry filled scat piles in that valley on Sunday. The entire time I was in the area of those pics I took, I was the only person there. From the time I entered the branch road, till I came back out, I never encountered another vehicle, and the only sounds were the breeze in the trees, and running water in the many small creeks feeding the larger one in the valley floor.

In the centre photo of my 3 above, the view is SSW, and my sighting 40 years ago was just S of the furthest mountains in that picture, along the large creek draining S to the Fraser River from there. One of our members strongly feels that there is one or more Sasquatch in each of these valleys. You can see why it is very easy to hide in an area like that.

BC truly is supernatural.

This was our 28th wedding trip up to Revelstoke and Halycon hot springs. We usually go to Ainsworth hot springs over on Kootenai lake. No Mugwamps as they are known here instead of Sasquatch. Stayed at the ski hill one day and the hot spring the next. When I was a young man I spent a lot of time up here with my sled trying to conquer turbo hill.

D4AFF499-BCFD-4547-AC6A-B3DEFD4C1739.jpeg

C033F914-7291-4C25-A027-D275DF360041.jpeg

9786B87B-4D92-4984-A591-53A0F7E73D8B.jpeg

CC16D295-76BD-4352-BDA2-CD139EFBAB36.jpeg

12 hours ago, norseman said:

Probably just a Bear.

That's what the Sasquatch WANTS you think!

;-)

Just now, Cotter said:

That's what the Sasquatch WANTS you think!

;-)

And actually thats a valid point. Im not sure if I was looking at Squatch evidence that I would know it was. If I could ever put a footprint to a tree break and a pile of poo? Then it would get interesting. Of course I never found Bear tracks either. 

BFF Patron

Cotter:   Ha! Ha!   I have been told BF shape shift, wink in and out of our universe, travel on UFO's,  and mind speak but this is the first time I have heard the claim that they poop shift too!

• Upvote 2

This Saturday, I'm heading out with a group to do a BF expedition.  I am part of an internet show/webcast where we talk about the weird, paranormal, conspiracies, etc and we're going on location for our 100th episode.  Got a BFRO investigator friend that will be joining us.  While the team is comprised of multiple BF enthusiasts, the CEO of the network has more of an entertainment perspective to the whole thing.  I'm hoping there won't be conflicts!!  We shall see.

The area we're going to I've been to before, its a tract of 8600 acres on a reserve.  Last time we didn't get any evidence, but it was fun to be able to see how the 'pros' approach it.  If anything, it will be good to hear some experiences and share our approach to trying to elicit responses from our hairy friends.

Not sure if I am allowed to post links or not when the show is done.

(For those that may jump on me for my affiliation with the show as it relates to making money, I've made a total of 86 dollars in 3 years from the show.  I've got 10 times that invested in gas money and beer!)

Hope you can post a report and some pics of your adventure, Cotter. I've been involved in 4 different productions over the last 5 years, and they all had pretty tight non disclosure agreements, with some hefty penalties for crossing the line. You've made out better than me for pay, the best I got was a free meal at the Old Prospector Pub in Harrison. I got completely edited out of the Finding Bigfoot episode, and maybe 1 or 2 minutes exposure in the others, hardly big time fame. ;-)

Yeah, we're a pretty new 'network' on the internet, and we're not 100% bigfoot based or focused so there isn't this whole world of secrecy surrounding what we do regarding BF.  This I can guarantee, if we have any encounter or evidence to share, it will be shared!  Most of the documents we have folks sign basically state that the network owns the footage and we can share/broadcast as we see fit.  Not so much an NDA.

It will take a few weeks for editing and production before it airs.  The only challenge is the weather, if it's too wet, the guys don't want to subject their equipment to the elements so it may end up not being recorded (we're small time and the guys don't want to destroy $15,000+ worth of equipment).

I hear you, Cotter. Whatever happens during your expedition, keep us informed. As they say in show biz, "Break a leg".

• gigantor pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic