The decline of interest in Sasquatch

Lake County Bigfooot

Not really. I misunderstood at first, then edited to keep bears and snakes on the “maybe” list........(actually, I kill all venomous snakes........just because)

Not me.... I would blow a hole clean through one. And for the betterment of the species and its habitat.

But with neck surgery looming? Quite possibly with rods and pins inserted. I’m probably going to have to hang up my spurs.... The risk of coming off a Horse or a Mule is too great. I got bucked off last spring and landed on my head for example. Not an easy thing to talk about..... I really had a lot of plans left and even talked about riding the CDT or continental divide trail from Canada to Mexico. I’ll miss my time in the mountains with stock. Its just a timeless romance of simplicity and perfection. All you need is grass and water and some wood and leather to make it all work.

I will miss it. :(

• Upvote 2

Ouch! I know I’m facing the porch swing in the foreseeable future, but I’m going to fight it hard.

Actually, watching my Mom die super slow makes me realize that another early ice fishing trip may be in my future........

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

I’m probably going to have to hang up my spurs...

Dang. Hate to hear that Norse. Sorry about your neck. Horses are good at hurtin' ya. Other than tinkering around in my shop, I'm pretty much done with the adventurous stuff. You can join me on the porch and we can sit, whittle 'n spit tobacco juice while we wait on Hunster to join us.

24 minutes ago, norseman said:

I will miss it

Not as much as you think. Once you get used to sitting by the fireplace keeping it stoked, enjoying the little lady's company and coffee you'll find yourself wondering why you ever put yourself through all that crap.

20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

watching my Mom die

I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. I really am. I've been through it and will again. It's tough. Reminds you how limited our time here is. Makes you appreciate it too though.

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Hell, I wouldn’t hang around your porch. Too many snakes in your neck of the woods.

We got all the poisonous ones here, you learn to step lightly. But that's why I stay on the porch, they don't come up there.

6 minutes ago, Rockape said:

........We got all the poisonous ones here, you learn to step lightly. But that's why I stay on the porch, they don't come up there.

I remember reading about a young woman in Tennessee holding her baby who sat down on her living room couch to have a rattler snap out from under the couch and bite her ankle.

i myself found a rattler under a parked vehicle at the front door of a huge office complex where Mrs. Huntster worked within a couple miles of Disneyland. Thousands of women were just about to walk passed it at quitting time.

I hate those sneaky reptiles.......

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

Dang. Hate to hear that Norse. Sorry about your neck. Horses are good at hurtin' ya. Other than tinkering around in my shop, I'm pretty much done with the adventurous stuff. You can join me on the porch and we can sit, whittle 'n spit tobacco juice while we wait on Hunster to join us.

Well, I wont be on the porch. (Well hopefully this surgery fixes my vertigo, if not Im punching doctors in the face) But I still have a jet boat, building a burb overland vehicle and I just bought a Mahindra Roxor for the ranch in the meantime. I’m gonna get out there. I will just be a helluva lot more limited... riding inside a roll cage or hiking.

And Im not afraid of dying at all, but Im deathly afraid of blowing through a straw to make my wheelchair move.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Ouch! I know I’m facing the porch swing in the foreseeable future, but I’m going to fight it hard.

Actually, watching my Mom die super slow makes me realize that another early ice fishing trip may be in my future........

Absolutely.

Yanno its been a helluva year for me,  between my Mom passing from cancer this spring and then this vertigo! I hear you on “here one minute and gone the next”. Dad went in 95....suffered a massive heart attack on the ranch and didnt come home for supper. Mom fought off pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer and ovarian cancer for ten years. No thanks...

6 hours ago, norseman said:

........Dad went in 95....suffered a massive heart attack on the ranch and didnt come home for supper. Mom fought off pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer and ovarian cancer for ten years. No thanks...

Daddy went in ‘04 with mesothelioma that he got from his years as a pipe fitter on naval ships. He didn’t have to fight the cancer long. It was latent for many years, and when it decided to grow, it took him in a couple of years. Mom’s organs are fine. She’s just wasting away waiting to die. 

After my dip dip in the lake I again realized that the quick, surprise death while going about life is second only to going to sleep and never waking up. But it’s funny how powerful that will to live is. Life is the most precious commodity that God ever blessed one with. It is meant to be used well. If He wills me to die a slow death, I hope I do it well.

If it’s going to be long a porch sitting, hopefully I can make it an rv on the beach in Alaska or Texas with a fishing rod in my hand..............

Sorry about the equine limitation, Norse. I've never been on a horse and always wanted to experience what a backcountry experience would be like aboard a horse. You've been blessed with a lifetime of such experiences.

Your 4-wheelers and hiking will open a new world of adventure. That's a good thing.  Life is about adventures and I'll get out and experience them if I have to drag myself along the trail.

Maybe Bigfoot will marvel at you being in your format and will decide to come a little closer to look and see. Have your 45-70 ready!

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

On 9/16/2018 at 5:01 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Your 4-wheelers... will open a new world of adventure. 

Maybe Bigfoot will marvel at you being in your format and will decide to come a little closer to look and see. Have your 45-70 ready!

I never considered it before but perhaps I will try that approach as well.  I can't wait to see the look on the Bigfoot's face when i surprise him with motor at high rev!

On 9/16/2018 at 5:01 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Sorry about the equine limitation, Norse. I've never been on a horse and always wanted to experience what a backcountry experience would be like aboard a horse. You've been blessed with a lifetime of such experiences.

Your 4-wheelers and hiking will open a new world of adventure. That's a good thing.  Life is about adventures and I'll get out and experience them if I have to drag myself along the trail.

Thanks for cheering me up!

Its been my experience though that you can get closer to animals on ahorse or mule than you ever will with a vehicle or hiking for that matter. Something about being on four hooves. They see you, they know your there, but they just cannot make out what you are. And they hang around for a better look.

Hopefully Im wrong and they “Steve Austin” my neck, bigger and better than before......:)

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic