Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

BFF Patron

This thread is out in the weeds.   Much of this has been discussed in other threads.   Before I bow out,   Meldrum is at a distinct disadvantage.    He does not investigate every print as it was laid down,  unless he happened to be present in the field when a print is found.     I suspect only a very few meet that criteria.     Researchers for the most part are sloppy.   Meldrum would want you to completely circle the print or trackway and carefully photograph every print from some distance away.     So the circumstances of its deposition can be examined  after the cast is taken,    Of course human footprints near the possible prints are a red flag.     Then measurements are needed, particularly for a trackway.      Neither are often done.    Each print labeled as it sits and photographed.  .    Then when everything possible is done to document the print(s) or track way,      start casting.   For a track way that takes hours and several people.  Some prints are destroyed even with careful casting.   It is more art than science.   Then what do you have?     Some caster casts that not even Meldrum can pass off as an undiscovered specie?     Some probably are not.   It is difficult to pass off a hoaxed print to Meldrum,  but not impossible,    if someone wants to spend the time and effort to do it.    But if the proper protocol is used to begin with, it requires a massive effort on the part of a hoaxer not to leave any trace of the hoaxing process.     And someone with extreme talent that knows anatomy,  and prosthetics.          The same sort that could produce a costume in 1967 not reproducible yet?   .  

19 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

This thread is out in the weeds.   Much of this has been discussed in other threads.   Before I bow out,   Meldrum is at a distinct disadvantage.    He does not investigate every print as it was laid down,  unless he happened to be present in the field when a print is found.     I suspect only a very few meet that criteria.     Researchers for the most part are sloppy.   Meldrum would want you to completely circle the print or trackway and carefully photograph every print from some distance away.  

Yet I am called an imbecile for even suggesting non Bigfoot explanations for a single photo of an alleged Bigfoot track?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, dmaker said:

Yet I am called an imbecile for even suggesting non Bigfoot explanations for a single photo of an alleged Bigfoot track?

I think people on this forum might consider you an imbecile, because in reality you would never ever even consider any undiscovered primate explanation to any photo, movie, track, sound, etc. Even if the evidence is unfamiliar to you, which I think most of it is. As your not the skeptic that is going out with researchers and evaluating evidence personally....correct me if I am wrong?

I see it both ways as this community has not offered up any physical evidence that such a creature exists in North America. So I would never call you an imbecile, but maybe closed minded. ;) Fossil records else where confirm such creatures like Bigfoot existing in our past. And I still hold out hope of this 100,000 plus year old Mastodon dig in California. But it may only prove modern humans where out of Africa much earlier than thought. As opposed to a hairy cousin being responsible.

I chose to keep an open mind, because of personal experiences and my faith in the ingenuity of primates. Besides it’s fun to consider.... :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerutti_Mastodon_site

• 1 month later...

I wonder if Matt Moneymaker really wants to find Bigfoot because as long as the creature is officially undiscovered he has a mystery to solve and a TV show.  Not sure

Finding Bigfoot would last long if the creature was proven.

Finding Bigfoot would kinda be like the castaways getting off Gilligans Island.  End of show, imo.

I think if bigfoot were found, the cast of F.B. would be sitting pretty because to most interested, other than the true enthusiasts, they are the public faces of bigfooting.   THIS show would likely end but they would be the first in line to be the face for "Living with Bigfoot" or whatever got spun next.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Since some folks thing proving existence would spell the end for the creature there would indeed have to be a new slant should Sasquatch be proved. So, instead of "Finding Bigfoot", it could be called "Hiding Bigfoot". Then all of the researchers in the field can do the about face- from locating the creature to flipping 180 degrees and working on concealing it instead. What an irony.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

The "Finding Bigfoot" has not aired a new episode in a long time.   I know they filmed at least one whole season but never ran it.   I suspect it is a ratings issue.    Cliff Barackman is often a speaker at conventions so he seems to have a life after "Finding Bigfoot"    He does give interesting presentations if you can get to one.     Bobo is sometimes seen more in a celebrity appearance role but I have never heard him seriously speak.   I  think Renae especially and MM to some extent would be afraid of flying tomatoes due to lack of popularity.     So I can see Cliff evolve into some BF show theme if BF is accepted by science.     Other than Mountain Monsters and the 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot contest, there really has not been a show chronicling bigfoot field researchers.     Diane Fossey had quite a following when she was studying the mountain gorilla.  National Geographic embedded in her organization to produce video of her research.   The same thing with regards to BF would be very interesting and likely very popular should BF be accepted by science.    Imagine what could be done with a big National Geographic budget.     

On 2/22/2018 at 1:17 PM, Talmadge Mooseman said:

I wonder if Matt Moneymaker really wants to find Bigfoot because as long as the creature is officially undiscovered he has a mystery to solve and a TV show.  Not sure

Finding Bigfoot would kinda be like the castaways getting off Gilligans Island.  End of show, imo.

He runs a for profit camping tourism thingy based on bigfoot, if he solves it the cash cow stops giving. He has no interest in solving the mystery, like so many others. It's a cash flow thing to them.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:17 AM, Talmadge Mooseman said:

?

Yes I question anti killer motives as they want to perpetuate the myth in my mind.

But if one was shot and proven? Sasquatch craze would be on like Donkey Kong. Everybody would be tuning in to catch a glimpse of the legendary creature.

Squatch tourism would be off the hook.

• Upvote 1

We get Finding Bigfoot on TV in the UK. When it first started it was pretty good but as it progressed it has got worse and worse, there's nothing else available on the subject but it's so bad now its almost become a comedy and if you mention it to anyone your only asking for ridicule, all down to those that star in it.

Edited by Somerset

Bobo did a Facebook Live Q&A thing a couple of weeks ago, and stated that the Finding Bigfoot show was done. Kaput. No more new episodes, no more seasons. What the cast wanted to do was different from what the shareholders wanted them to do, plus too much competition for viewers from other network shows. At least ... that's what was hinted at.

To be honest, I kind of miss it.  My kids loved it, and got excited when a new season would come along.  It was something comfortingly mindless and formulaic we could watch together.  It really had a camp aesthetic in my opinion.

It was like watching “Scooby Doo” on Saturday mornings as a child.  You knew the formula:  the gang would drive together in the Mystery Machine to a new locale, learn of a ghost or monster from the locals, then devise a plan to catch the beast.  Bobo with his dog Monkey, made the perfect Shaggy and Scooby.  And Renae was a spot-on Velma.  Between Matt and Cliff, it’s arguable who fit the Fred mold best, as they both took the role of devising a plan to catch the mysterious monster.  They only lacked the hot eye candy of a Daphne.   They could of used a Daphne!

• Upvote 1

Thanks, cmknight, for sharing this information.  IMO, Finding Bigfoot needed to be allowed to spend more time in the field, but I guess that did not fit the format.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic