Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

27 minutes ago, norseman said:

We may think a Alligator or a Bear bone may look convincingly enough to be that of a Primate. I applaud anyone who is picking up suspicious physical evidence and getting it tested. Who knows?

This is not how to go about slandering his character. Why? Because hoaxers do not submit bones for study or grainy FLIR images! 

Really good point, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Hello All! First post for many years. Took time out to study as many sighting reports as I could get my hands on. So many excellent resources online if you look in the right places. 

As for Moneymaker... Well as one who has had several 'exchanges' with him on Twitter over the years, I can only concur that he is a pretty difficult character to like or at times agree with.

He's brash, opinionated and often, in my view at least, intentionally controversial. He is however, knowledgeable and can be very helpful on occasion. This subject has it's fair share of interesting characters and MM certainly falls into this category. Personally I prefer my BF exponents to be a bit more thoughtful and measured but hey, it's a subject that we all feel passionately about so I understand some going off the deep end at times.

There is no doubt MM's personality won't be too everyone's taste but we cannot doubt the impact he has had on the subject over the last 7-8 years or so. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/15/2017 at 6:31 AM, MarkGlasgow said:

Hello All! First post for many years. Took time out to study as many sighting reports as I could get my hands on. So many excellent resources online if you look in the right places. 

As for Moneymaker... Well as one who has had several 'exchanges' with him on Twitter over the years, I can only concur that he is a pretty difficult character to like or at times agree with.

He's brash, opinionated and often, in my view at least, intentionally controversial. He is however, knowledgeable and can be very helpful on occasion. This subject has it's fair share of interesting characters and MM certainly falls into this category. Personally I prefer my BF exponents to be a bit more thoughtful and measured but hey, it's a subject that we all feel passionately about so I understand some going off the deep end at times.

There is no doubt MM's personality won't be too everyone's taste but we cannot doubt the impact he has had on the subject over the last 7-8 years or so. 

Yes we can. He's in it for the money and makes stuff up to get that money so...yeah, we can.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2017 at 0:18 AM, gigantor said:

....Also, it seems that many people bash the BFRO for whatever reason, but we all use their database for many purposes, yet Matt gets no credit for keeping that going. The BFRO also produces researchers. Many researchers here got interested because of the BFRO, including your truly. 

It's not right.

I will give BFRO major props for their list of sightings, if that's what you mean by their database - is there something else on their website I'm missing?  Their reports are by far the best in letting the witness state, in their own words, what they saw/heard/etc., and then following up for details.  I guess I'm just confused by identifying that as a "database" as its not publicly searchable.  

On 7/7/2017 at 5:28 PM, Martin said:

Exactly how would another bigfoot show be different than Finding Bigfoot? 

Like Mountain Monsters on Destination America, unfortunately.  And to the extent that Finding Bigfoot let some TV executive somewhere say, "We can do that, only dumber!," shame on them.  I half expect to see "Big Brother - the Bigfoot Season" coming soon. 

On 7/10/2017 at 3:43 PM, JDL said:

I had to reprimand some soldiers one day for using an imager for erotic viewing of female visitors during a family day fair.  

Anything I say can be used as evidence against me in a court of law. I think I'll just exercise my right to remain silent. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this thread so I am commenting from page 1....

MM doesn't believe that bigfoot is a paranormal creature with metaphysical powers or whatever strange stuff that people get into. I am of the same mindset as he. They are flesh and blood creatures that seem to know how to communicate with one another using the same low frequency transmission as elephants and other animals known as infrasound. Maybe it is something that is transmitted through the ground or it is a low frequency using airwaves? Whatever it is, this is common in the animal kingdom and I believe is the future of bigfoot research. Let's pretend they do use infrasound and will know when a two legged creature such as a human are approaching. They will be able to prepare for it and take cover.

If this is true, then it helps to explain why so much of the general population doesn't understand bigfoot or thinks they must have supernatural powers or came from aliens or whatever. None of that is true. It's just their highly advanced form of communication with one another that is no different than other intelligent animals.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2017 at 8:17 PM, Trogluddite said:

I will give BFRO major props for their list of sightings, if that's what you mean by their database - is there something else on their website I'm missing?  Their reports are by far the best in letting the witness state, in their own words, what they saw/heard/etc., and then following up for details.  I guess I'm just confused by identifying that as a "database" as its not publicly searchable.  

Like Mountain Monsters on Destination America, unfortunately.  And to the extent that Finding Bigfoot let some TV executive somewhere say, "We can do that, only dumber!," shame on them.  I half expect to see "Big Brother - the Bigfoot Season" coming soon. 

Anything I say can be used as evidence against me in a court of law. I think I'll just exercise my right to remain silent. 

Horse hockey called. Their database if the head of their group got busted in a hoax last week then he as their epicenter is bunk. It is right and necessary to purge the community of the waste. And thats just how it is.

A call for purging was issued over a year ago- didn't happen. But I hear ya.

Edited by hiflier

5 hours ago, starchunk said:

It is right and necessary to purge the community of the waste. And thats just how it is.

I'm curious where you think you get the authority to purge anything.   Sounds like delusions of grandeur ... unless you have something up your sleeve you haven't shared?

MIB

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MIB said:

I'm curious where you think you get the authority to purge anything.

I don't see that any 'authority' was stated claimed anywhere. But starchunk does have a point. The problem is there's little to be done "to purge the community of the waste". Short of a kind of blackball list that is.

Edited by hiflier

This community loves purging, you can get purged for releasing photos or videos, appearing on TV, doing DNA studies, or even just opening your mouth. It's like some sort of intellectual bulimia, probably rooted in similar paranoias. 

Just take each morsel of info with its grains of salt, all your bile doesn't do anyone any good.

• Upvote 1

You would have to actually care about what the community thinks to worry about their purging of anything......... And which "community" are we talking about? Last I noticed, there is probably hundreds of different Bigfoot communities just on facebook alone. Or are we just talking about this forum? But I'm pretty sure that the community everyone here is thinking of, doesn't actually exist.

Fair points. In one sense, by "community" I simply mean anyone who cares about the topic of BF and talks about it online, but I am also implicitly referring to the subdivision of that group that grab torches and pitchforks rather easily. Whether either of these qualifies as an "actual" community or not isn't so relevant. 

I do actually care about what the community thinks, these people have big impacts on the information that is and isn't shared, their vitriol weighs on the psyches of the sharers, etc etc.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, hiflier said:

I don't see that any 'authority' was stated claimed anywhere. But starchunk does have a point. The problem is there's little to be done "to purge the community of the waste". Short of a kind of blackball list that is.

I just meant the community could aim higher than the current array of silliness like Money Maker.

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic