Blockbuster News

Guest Silver Fox

BFF Patron

Two dead Bigfoots? Who needs a peer reviewed BF DNA study?

Exactly, or the drama.

Guest RICH G

The Olympic Project is an ethical orginization and everything we have said is true, we would never do anything to jepordize our credibility. Something I would like to put on the record is that we would never advocate the killing of these things but people do make mistakes.

Guest parnassus

Source is a pretty famous person in his field. He gave me his name and though I had never heard of it, I Googled it and came up with a ton of hits right away. Then I did an image search and the whole page filled up with photos of him at various workshops and meetings, addressing people, etc. He's one of the top names in his field, at least in North America.

As far as sources of his knowledge, he is:

Very close to Adrian Erickson

Also close to "Olympic Project" (don't want to name any names)

Knows Bindernagel

Knows Moneymaker, went on BFRO outings, now seems on the outs with them

Warm, effusive, very friendly guy, seems to get along well with everyone. Doesn't get into fights, hold grudges or anything like that. Doesn't care about his reputation - one gets the impression that he's one of those famous people who doesn't care anymore about these things.

As far as the Olympic Project goes, I do not think that the OP itself wants to be in direct possession of those bodies at all. Most people seem to be acting like those bodies and even their parts are like hot potatoes. Everyone's afraid of legal stuff.

I could call and tell you I was Bob Gimlin and you could google that and think I was famous also. Did you verify the identity?

Edited by parnassus

The interview has holes and discrepancies in it that any serious hunter would pick up on. I am interested in what Norseman would think of it. Several people on here have picked up obvious problems. Rod made a very good observation. Aside from an area under high fence or Ted Turner's elk ranch, you are not likely to find a place with the only access in or out for animals being a roadway. Vehicles maybe, foot traffic, no. Especially for a species known for its ability to easily negotiate rough terrain. Also, even a professional hunter is not likely to legally kill 1,000 bears in an entire career. It is basically not possible; there are yearly bag limits. If you exceed them and are caught, you go to prison. You would need an almost unlimited budget, and need to hunt all year in every state and province with a bear season from the time you were old enough to have a hunting license and a driver's license (gotta get to the woods somehow!), and then the kicker is you have to be successful in nearly all of the hunts.

Also, there are contradictory statements in the interview. There are several in the statements about logging specifically (as well as throughout). And seriously, logging would be shut down in the PNW because of the spotted owl, but the government would cover up the existence of a large undiscovered primate to save the logging industry, to the extent of paying off a single individual $20,000 to forget about finding tracks? Heck, I want to go to Canada & report to the fish & wildlife folks that I found some tracks!

It is possible that the contradictions, discrepancies, etc. could be at least to some extent from the retelling. Even if they are not, it does not necessarily invalidate all aspects of the interview, even though it does cast doubt on the credibility of the statements. I do believe that you checked this guy out, Silver, and that you were convinced enough by what you found that you did not doubt the credibility of his story. What I will believe is that he was not there when the 2 BF were killed or the other encounters happened, and he simply related to you what was related to him. We just know that apparently 2 of them were killed and that is where the DNA came from. Hopefully we will know the rest of the story very soon, if Erickson can get his ducks in a row. I just don't want another PG film that leaves us debating for 40 years...

Guest RioBravo

The Olympic Project is an ethical orginization and everything we have said is true, we would never do anything to jepordize our credibility. Something I would like to put on the record is that we would never advocate the killing of these things but people do make mistakes.

Oh, snap!

Guest Cervelo

Rich,

Gee whiz coulda left the mistake part out that really gets my attention!!!!

I thought the guy was a hunting guide. If so, and if he is counting the bears that his clients have shot over his career, and if he guides multiple small groups of two to four each season, his claim is less wild. A few decades in this business and you can rack up some numbers. Maybe not 1000, but not too far off, I would think. Without knowing exactly who he is, it's hard to judge, however.

It would not surprise me, though, if there was quite a bit of hearsay in the second-hand bits from other hunters. The source may not be embellishing, but may be taking some embellishment from them at face value.

The area on the Washoe County, Nevada - California border is where I would go to find squatch. Having been in there, I would concur that it is a poacher's paradise. Squatch aren't the only reclusives in there, either.

On consideration of what others have said, there is something fishy about this story.

From my angle, we wouldn't have a BF mystery if it were that easy. So this hunter shot an adult, male BF AND THEN one of the kids and nothing happened? This story doesn't fall in line with the other stories of BF and hunters.

BBF Members- yeah, as I remember there is a hefty fine and/or jail time for killing wild animals in California. If I remember correctly the DF&G says known or unknown mammals. Can someone help me out on that regulation? thanks- ptangier

Rich you stated the above, and Derekfoot said this:

"Derekfoot

Today, 10:58 AM

Round and round we go. I'll say this first. The Olympic Project hasn't lied about anything. There are things we haven't talked about due to NDA's. It has never been our intention to brag on this forum about our submitted samples. We have tried to to discuss as much as we can about the study because we've been asked a million questions by people on this forum and everywhere else. We're not some covert agency concealed in secrecy trying to tease everyone. We are part of the Bigfoot community and we've given as much information as we possibly can at this time.

Second, there are a lot of un-truths on the Lindsay blog post. That's all I can say right now.

Third, we have nothing to do with the Erickson Project. NOTHING. I've spoke to Erickson one time in my life. He was all worried that the OP was trying to beat him to the punch. He was talking to people in Canada and spreading inaccurate rumors about the OP. I did confront him on these issues. I assured him that we were not trying to take his lime light. That's the only time we've ever talked."

Quite frankly, neither of you have addressed the actual issue here.

The question would be:

"Do you know of someone who has one or more Sasquatch bodies?"

You have said:

1. The Olympic Project is an ethical organization

2. Everything we have said is true

3. We would never do anything to jepordize our credibility

4. We would never advocate the killing of these things but people do make mistakes.

5. The Olympic Project hasn't lied about anything.

6. Etc, Etc - see above.

But you have not answered this question - "Do you know of someone who has one or more Sasquatch bodies?"

Derekfoot? Rich?

Checking my connection 'cause I've had some difficulty replying in threads today. Here's a quick opinion:

The "bear hunter's" story is complete b.s., and this guy will never prove that he's killed 1, let alone 2 bigfoots. He also hasn't killed anywhere near 1000 bears.

I'm saving this to my sig line. Because I know you like being proven wrong. ;)

Guest MidnightWalkerSE

Derek,

Correct me if I am wrong but last year when you and I were talking, didn't say that your opinion of the sas were that they were simply intelligent apes? I know that I remember you had no care in the world for them as men and now you're suddenly preaching they are men. Not picking at you but wondering what suddenly converted you to the other side of the equation. Was it an experience, something you saw or this DNA project?

Alex

Guest Alpinist

Sasquatch EMF field generation capabilities can be used as a clue to the nature of so called paranormal elements of what goes on during encounters. The infrasound is a separate capability they have, and it's real and can be recorded on sensitive audio recorders.

Apparently there are a lot of "I know Erickson" types who really don't, are out there, including this hunter guy …

I vote BS on the whole subject of this thread

Edited by Alpinist

On consideration of what others have said, there is something fishy about this story.

From my angle, we wouldn't have a BF mystery if it were that easy. So this hunter shot an adult, male BF AND THEN one of the kids and nothing happened? This story doesn't fall in line with the other stories of BF and hunters.

Assuming that the bodies exist, it's at least third-hand info from a poacher, a guy engaged in an illegal activity. No one's going to get the straight story. It's amusing that such an individual may be sitting on evidence potentially worth enough to retire on, but be unable to cash in directly because of the manner in which the specimens were obtained. That said, if the bodies exist, someone must have paid him enough for samples to keep them on ice in hopes that he can eventually make more.

So there he sits. He can't take them public because he's told at least a few people enough to get himself jailed. He can't dump them because they're worth a little bit of money to researchers and he's already provided enough samples to prove that he had them at one point.

Wouldn't it be ironic if analysis does prove them human and he ends up getting charged and prosecuted for killing two "people"? He'd probably not be convicted of murder, since the defense would be that they were cryptids, but they'd nail him for every lesser included charge that they could in California.