How Has This Forum Affected Your Belief In Bf?

Guest shelley7950

9 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Now he deflects. Heh!

So hard to understand the words, huh?

I stated, "Maybe you'd like to investigate just a bit, and determine the active participants now, as opposed to say, two or three years ago.  My money is on the number of active number of participants is drying up - fast."

Do you understand the words you use?  Deflection?

Edited by FarArcher

On 5/26/2017 at 5:16 PM, DWA said:

And to top it off, one of the most common claims of 'proof' for the existence of Bigfoot is that "And ALL of the stories are so consistent, all the way back to the Native American elders...".

That is, unless you count all of the contradictions nona just described.

Good point, DWA.  They seem to be some-what like "normal people" who never fit into the cut-and-dry mold that the average detractor wants them to which is not surprising at all, imo.  8   )

2 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Wannabes joining in?

What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports are you talking about?

13 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports are you talking about?

I'm SURE he isn't talking about li'l ol' me.

Edited by hiflier

Not affected my belief. I was and am still reasonably sure the creature does not exist. Now having said that, I have learned a lot from witnesses ,stories and this community . Explanations and some scientific approaches to the subject that I had not considered. I enjoyed the suit or no suit explanations of the PGF .There is a lot of strong opinions and interaction among proponents and others. I try not to engage in personal stuff unless it is all in fun and with respect.

• Upvote 1

Admin
1 hour ago, FarArcher said:

"Maybe you'd like to investigate just a bit, and determine the active participants now, as opposed to say, two or three years ago.  My money is on the number of active number of participants is drying up - fast."

It's actually pretty steady for the summer. The traffic here decreases in the spring and summer when people go out bigfooting or whatever. It picks back up in the fall and winter is the busiest.

It is way down from two years ago when we had the Justin Smeja / Bigfoot Steak / Ketchum drama going on for about a year, but that was an unusual bubble. There is less posting because there is nothing to talk about, but our traffic stats show people visit daily to see what's up. Just 'cause they don't want to argue about the same things over and over doesn't mean they have left.

• Upvote 2

Just now, gigantor said:

It's actually pretty steady for the summer. The traffic here decreases in the spring and summer when people go out bigfooting or whatever. It picks back up in the fall and winter is the busiest.

It is way down from two years ago when we had the Justin Smeja / Bigfoot Steak / Ketchum drama going on for about a year, but that was an unusual bubble.

As I perceived, and thanks for taking a look.

Admin

We use Google analytics  for traffic stats and keep an eye on it.

The surprising thing for me is that visitors from mobile devices now outnumber visitors from PCs/Macs by about 15%. It's harder to have a conversation/argument from a cell phone...

13 hours ago, FarArcher said:

Disagreeing is a good thing during discourse.  Blowing off every other indicator by posters is destructive to discourse.

Maybe you'd like to investigate just a bit, and determine active participants on this site now as opposed to say, two or three years ago.  My money is on the number of active participants is drying up - fast.

Can't pin that one on me. I took a long break, over a year up until just a few weeks ago. 

10 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Can't pin that one on me. I took a long break, over a year up until just a few weeks ago. 

What brought you back from your break?

32 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

What brought you back from your break?

Boredom? A couple of people I know still participate in the pgf threads, so I wanted to see what was happening there. But you need a membership to view that stuff, so I re-activated mine. I read a few other threads, saw what I felt deserved a skeptical counterpoint, and so on and so on...

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • salubrious unlocked this topic