How Has This Forum Affected Your Belief In Bf?

Guest shelley7950

Guest CaptainMorgan

Great posts here today!

The irony is that folks want to know more about BF then come to forums. Forums are filled with hype and hoax and every speculation and unrealistic expectation under the sun.

So a year later, one doesn't really know anything more definitive about BF, because there isn't anything more definitive to be known at this time.

It's a vicious and ironic circle. (or perhaps it's just a telepathic misinformation campaign mandated by the mother ship)

I try to separate BF from the "bigfoot community" and see things historically from a top down view and not get caught up in hype.

I think you and I have had a similar experience regarding what we have seen on this forum, but we have had different reactions. I believe in Bigfoot based on the huge number of *credible* eyewitness accounts, Native American folklore, and the physical evidence that we do have. I have read up on it and kept abreast of it since childhood, and have formed opinions based on all of this.

However, like you, I have been disheartened by some of the things I see on this forum and it has actually helped to answer what to me was one of the biggest mysteries surrounding Bigfoot- why there is such a stigma, causing an inexplicably irrational fear in the mind of science. When you see some of the claims on here of things like telepathy and supernatural abilities, or people ALWAYS looking towards Bigfoot as the first and only explanation for things that could easily have a myriad of explanations, and just the all-around groupie mentality of many people in the Bigfoot community it is easy to see why people feel it is best to just let us "kooks" have our fun and not take it seriously.

However, this is far from a fair description of MOST of the people on this forum; I think that most of the people on this forum are either believers or skeptics who are interested in the actual science involved in the existence or non-existence of this creature, and this is the category I put myself in. I don't think we should be so willing to change our minds or opinions based on what other people do and say, unless it is because they have done or said something that has given you the opportunity to view something from a new perspective, thus allowing you to reconsider your original stance.

There is always ridiculousness and extremism at both ends of any spectrum, so if you throw that out then you usually have a pretty good area for constructive discussion and debate leftover.

Guest MidnightWalkerSE

Shelley,

If you should ever see one of the larger beings, your question will be how such a huge being keeps themselves hidden behind trees or in the forest, especially if there are many (and there are). As your answers come to you (whether by experience or others material), it will only lead to more questions. It's difficult to gauge reality from a forum of folks unless you know them and their character. I refused to believe folks and their ideologies and set out on my own to find the answer. It was a bit of an obsession I'll admit. It resulted in my spending thousands of hours in the woods or outside in order to experience them moreso. Some days are quite boring and result in almost nothing and other days results in WOW nights that you quickly note in your diary so as not to lose the detail of the night. I will tell you that I had a situation for frequent encounters and also encountered them in multiple states of which would be Class A encounters. Several of those encounters occurred with others alongside me.

I say these things only to tell you that they are not scarce and it requires ridiculous amounts of time around them to get some idea of who they are. Absent that effort, you have to find people of character and the long hours amongst them (habituation or frequent encounters in the forest) in order to gain some semblance of the sasquatch's true character. Periphery experiences give you nothing but a boogy man that makes neat animal noises and sneaks up on us in the forest. I can tell you that's hardly the reality but instead a superficial perception of these forest folks. Good luck with your search and quest to understand the truth behind this enigma.

Alex

Guest shelley7950

Oh, and I need to add that there are also some incredibly articulate, well educated, and unbelievably funny people on this forum whose opinions I would happily read on ANY suhject, not just BF...I'm not sayin the "Dos Equis" man actually contributes to this forum, but I think it's possible...

Guest CaptainMorgan

LOL

He hikes the Himalayas just to answer forum questions.

He wants lived with the Sasquatch, just because he could.

He's such an alpha male, that bigfoot's hunt HIM as a role model.

He's the worlds most interesting man.

"I may not always believe in bigfoot, but when I DO, I drink Dos Equis. Stay thirsty my friends."

Don't mean to threadjack, but Gigantopithecus only went extinct relative recently. 250,000 years ago or perhaps as recently as only 100,000 years ago. Otherwise, a stellar posting, Squatchdetective.

Sorry I was on a roll.... :lol:

I stand corrected on that fact. :thumbsup:

I find that the well-written articles on this forum give me hope that someday it might be proven. I mainly benefit from the connections made that enhance my understanding by interacting away from this forum.

Tim B.

For me this forum hasn't changed my view on Sasquatch, however the "fringe" group of believers have begun to erode my interest in the Sasquatch.

I find many of their conspiracy theories, wiser than thou art attitudes and sometimes plain aggressiveness to be onerous.

Having said that I do enjoy many of the post that a good portion of the believers post.

One thing that she'd really like to know is, if BF is proven to exist, will she be able to put a feeder up to attract Bigfoots and will they sell Bigfoot feed at Tractor Supply? She has lots of questions about BF, but this is the only one I can think of, since it was from last night. She sometimes scolds the Bigfoots, when we are riding through the woods on the golf cart too.

Your wife sounds like my kind of person. :lol:

well said squatchdetective, gave you a green + for that.

ill echo the sentiments of others...the forum hasnt swayed me from being almost convinced....im fairly certain there is something to it, just not sure exactly what.

the forum has however , caused me to nearly lose the belief/ hope that solid indisputable public proof will ever come out of this community.

BF on the brain doesn't lend itself well to unbiased ,believable accuracy in reports, but, neither does hovering around ready to p!$$ all over anyone that comes forward with a "possible".

unless something changes, the division among the ranks will, imo , squash the chance of any successful progress in the ultimate proving or debunking of BF.

• Upvote 1

How Has This Forum Affected Your Belief In Bf?

It killed it.

Whatever belief I once had is long dead.

Been hangin around since 06.

Guest bsruther

Your wife sounds like my kind of person. :lol:

Yep, she's swell.

Last time we were up there on the cart, there was a Paw-paw tree bent over and stuck underneath a Hackberry.

She yells out: Hey you Bigfoots, quit messin' with my trees!

Before I used to blame all those nasty smells while camping, on BF, but after being on this forum, I realized, it might be me after all

• masterbarber locked this topic
  • salubrious unlocked this topic