Bff Member Sightings/ Please No Questions Or Discussion Of A Members Sightings.

86 posts in this topic

This is a follow on to my thread about the goings on around my home.

I had no real idea that sasses inhabited my area. I had seen BFRO reports of occurances in neighboring Davidson county near the Yadkin river area, and one from neighboring Stanley and Cabarrus county. But it didn't really sink in, because they were all supposed to have happened years ago.

The realization for me that they were right here, began the third week of last June.(2010) I always go outside to smoke, and I usually go out on the front porch, and sit on a stool there. I think it was around the 19th of June, at about 9:30pm, I had gone out and sat down to smoke a butt. It was quiet. No cars no dogs barking. When suddenly, from the edge of the woods diagonally across the road came the sound of heavy footsteps walking in leaf litter, and breaking sticks, with no flashlight. Then the dog the neighbor's have in a kennel up by these woods proceeded to bark fiercely. I was somewhat shocked. Someone had been at the edge of those woods, watching silently. The footsteps went right to the dog kennel and stopped. The dog instantly shut up. After a pause of a few seconds, the footsteps continued in the opposite direction, toward the deeper woods, and the dog began raising hell again. It didn't take much to deduce that whoever it was had scared the dog into shutting up while close by. It gave me the creeps to know someone was skulking around in the dark like that. I still had no idea just who it was. More later-Knuck

Later during the same week, I was shining my mag-light at the cows in the pasture across from my house. Those big red eyeballs staring at me. I did it whenever the cows were in the corner of the pasture. This particular occasion, there was, behind the cedar trees and briars on the fence, just one "cow". As my flashlight beam struck it, a rather ferocious growl issued forth from the "cow". My obvious reaction was puzzlement. As I kept the light on it, the growling got more intense. I turned off the flashlight, not really thinking large biped. I was wondering if this was a bull, with a particular dislike for light in his face.

It was what I would call "routine" over the next several nights.

One evening about three weeks later, I had come to sit on the front porch, and as I settled in, I became aware that someone was messing with my next door neighbor's mailbox. Now, thier yard has several trees and big bushes in it. (Landscaper by trade) A bushy, short, Crepe-Myrtle blocked my direct view of the mailbox in question. As I clicked on my maglight and shone it over there, I recieved a very angered growl. It was sufficient that I bolted straight to my feet. My light beam shined first one side of the tree (to illuminate the area of the mailbox beyond, across the road.) then the other. The growling was the same as before, and got louder again. I wanted to know what kind of animal running around lose was doing this growling. Suddenly the growling turned into "samarai gibberish". I mean it sounded exactly like the sound clips from "Sierra Sounds" and the BFRO. Almost like a recorded voice being played backwards, and very fast. I couldn't believe my ears. The sounds resembled what I had heard on web sites so closely, I instantly had a good idea what was doing it. As I continued to shine my light along the other side of the road, first to one side of the tree, then the other, I caught a glimps between all my neighbor's trees and bushes, of a large dark form running rapidly up the road the opposite way.-Knuck

Reading some of these sightings, especially the ones mentioning South Florida has inspired me to share. Although I did PM this story to a certain infamous, critical thinking, member here, at his request, several months ago, but never heard back. Which actually made me feel like a chump. I have decided to post this here.

It was February of 1979, South Florida, Broward County, just north of Wiles Rd, Coral Springs. I was 13, and together with my older brother, we were riding our BMX bicycles through a section of dense forest, that bordered the Everglades from our new and ever expanding town, it was an old growth Pine forest, with clumps of Fern everywhere, and on the forest floor, we had made trails through there, and enlarged some smaller game trails, not without difficulty, but used to tear all around there with recklessness. The forest was diverse as well, deeper within, also places where it opened up into less dense, sandy areas where palmetto scrub grew very thick, plus it was segmented by cow pastures and divided up by canals. This land was considered back then, the Everglades. Today it is called Parkland. A very affluent and upscale, residential community.

So this day, early in the afternoon, I was racing behind my big brother when I saw him slam on the brakes, he even put his feet down as in Full Stop Mode.

I came skidding up alongside of him, and the look on my big brother's face told me something wasn't right, he looked pale and freaked out, I looked forward and I immediately saw through the brush and trees, just up ahead on the trail we were on, what i thought was a Bear standing up, then the face became clearer and I saw in just that second, an ugly... face of some kind, looking at us, kind of frowning, not more than thirty yards away, it was high enough off the ground for me to think it was in a tree at first, till I made out the rest of it, I couldn't wrap my mind around what this was, and the size of the head and shoulders I saw, plus the hair all over, shocked me bad. The girth and mass of this thing was out of place for these woods. Most of the mid to lower body and legs were obscured by ferns and other ground foliage. I didn't have a clear look at the entire creature. Just the upper torso and head, especially the face, and the mouth didn't look too much different than a human mouth, wider, (and I remember that sending my brain reeling, for quite some time after wards). There was no snout! This thing was frowning at us? The nose was not as human, it had wider nostrils, but wasn't really flat like a Gorilla's No neck to tell of, but it was covered by long hair there, i don't remember any ears. I also initially thought this was some enormous, ugly man with hippy hair or wearing a weird fur coat. hey i was only 13 years old, and trying to rationalize what the heck this could be. But I knew it wasn't a monkey or ape OR a bear.

Overall, It appeared to be covered with dark Brownish-Red wispy hair that was about three inches or more in length, the face was dark skinned and the jaws seemed roundish, it had longer hair from its head, the sun was favorable and the hair appeared to have a lighter sheen to it. Its eyes did not appear clearly to me, they were shadowed by its brow or hair, or something, mostly, I remember my fear, when i looked at that face and realized this was not some homeless guy or a bum who was living in the woods, and happened to be six foot plus, naked and covered by hair.

We were very freaked out, and after viewing this creature for probably only ten to fifteen seconds, both of us simultaneously 180'd our bicycles in place and hauled A** out of there. But I remember it moving instantly as we started to turn our bikes around. we raced all the way home, where we excitedly told our folks, who forbid us from re-telling this to anyone; It was a non issue for as long as I lived at home, mainly due to my Dad's relationship with the County, my parents were concerned after wards for some time, that we were using drugs or alcohol, which we weren't.

But I think my Dad knew we were telling the truth. We had grown up hunting and fishing with him, and he was a heck of an Outdoorsman and a combat Marine in the South Pacific. I'm sure he followed up on this in his own way. He knew all the landowners and hunted and fished with them. I think it was on the Vinkemulder's land.

Anyways, I never ventured back to that section of the woods. I kinda stayed out of the deeper woods as a result of this. I do remember hearing tales growing up here, of Skunkapes being sighted near Coral Springs. So we knew back then of the possible existence of this creature. I have recently read of similar sightings in the same area, on other internet sites as well. I am sure that what I saw was not a bear. And I have ruled out Apes or chimps that were rumored to have escaped, and were feral in Northwestern Broward. Other kids rode bicycles and motorcycles in this same area before and after our sighting.

As for someone dressed in an Ape costume, a prank like that would have been pulled more than once, especially when my Bro and I never told this to anyone.

I sure would like to know what this was. I have camped in the Green Swamp, ventured twice to Myakka State park, and even once up to Ocala National Forest. But my children know why we are going there, and they just aint into it!!

Thanks guys for sharing with us. Awesome reading in here! Chris B.

The end of the week after the mailbox incident, around midnight, I was sitting on the porch again. I started hearing very loud cat screams coming from the wooded lot across the road.(The same one where the footsteps were initially heard a month earlier.) This was really loud, and sounded very angry. Loud as it was, I realized that it was a bobcat. I shined my maglight toward where the sounds were eminating from. As the light beam moved to the left, from the wooded lot to the open lot next to it, the beam crossed a sapling growing there, about 10-12 ft tall. There was a bright yellow glow for a second, right behind the top of this small tree. I thought it may have been a lightning bug (firefly for you west coasters). But as my light scanned back the other way, upon striking the sapling, again, I saw a single bright yellow dot of light, just for a second. The bobcat was wailing this whole time from the edge of the trees about 20 ft away. It sank in to me that there weren't any more lightning bugs out, and I wasn't seeing any repetitive flashes from this one. And that the light I had seen there was refleced eye shine from my flashlight. Now, this sapling was full of leaves, but it was scrawney, with a single thin top limb. It would not hold animals near the size of a racoon or possum without bending severely. So what ever was behind that sapling, was about 10 ft tall. And it was only half looking at me when the light hit it. Wisely not willing to completely take it's eyes off the bobcat. I didn't shine the light across there again, and in just a few more seconds the bobcat got very animated. It sounded as though it was fighting with something, and it wasn't long before I discerned that it was running throught the woods with something closely giving chase. Very shortly, it went silent. I have no idea if the bobcat survived.-Knuck

I saw a giant hairy thing standing next to the train tracks near Hinesville GA. First I saw one glowing eye and then the other, when it turned to look at my headlights. The hair on it's head was over a foot long. It was flapping it's arms against its sides. It didn't move when I drove past it. It was 4am and I was returning home from driving my son to field training on Ft. Stewart. I was very terrified and nauseated but I turned my car around to look and there was nothing where it had been standing. I went home and closed all the blinds, locked the doors and called my son. It was over a year ago.

B) Here is a brief entry for my last sighting:

Date: February 10, 2005

State or Province: Ontario, Canada

Nearest Town: Cobourg, Ontario

Witness Observation: Large (circa 8’ tall), very dark charcoal gray (almost black) hair, facial skin black, very well groomed (no shaggy or dirty hair), a magnificent and very healthy looking male specimen in every respect. Shoulders about 40+†wide, no fat visible, shaped square like a refrigerator with no wedge-like tapering to the waist.

Other Witnesses: none

Time and Conditions: 11:45am, temperature about 34 F, high altitude slight overcast but very bright and mild day

Environment: Alternating open fields and forest at the side of the 401 highway, about 5-7 miles east of Cobourg; patchy snow on the fields. The eastbound two lane highway is divided from the westbound double lanes by a sward of meadow probably 200 feet wide.

Circumstance: I was the front seat passenger in an eastbound car. Our car was the only vehicle in sight, either coming or going. At 90 degrees right to my position I saw movement in the corner of my eye. When I turned my head completely the Sasquatch rose up fully on two feet and stood momentarily next to the line of scrub trees at the edge of the road shoulder. Our eyes met and locked. I estimate the closest distance at about 50 feet. As our vehicle continued pulling away, the Squatch turned to his right and quickly disappeared from sight into the fields away from the highway.

My suspicion is that the Squatch was lying down, waiting for the last car to pass (us) so that he could quickly get up and make an unseen dash across the wide highway expanse. Had I not caught his movement in the corner of my eye and turned to investigate, I would never have seen the individual.

For what it’s worth, both John Green and Grover Krantz used to comment on the number of sightings which took place after vehicles had passed hidden Sasquatches by as they waited to cross the road. If you are in a vehicle looking for Sasquatch, always be sure to have some one looking backward, possibly seated low in the back of a pickup truck.

Dudlow

Hopefully with a camera...

I've enjoyed reading about all of these accounts and detailed information, from the members that have shared their experiences in this thread...and many Thanks, for taking the time to do so:)

I saw a giant hairy thing standing next to the train tracks near Hinesville GA. First I saw one glowing eye and then the other, when it turned to look at my headlights. The hair on it's head was over a foot long. It was flapping it's arms against its sides. It didn't move when I drove past it. It was 4am and I was returning home from driving my son to field training on Ft. Stewart. I was very terrified and nauseated but I turned my car around to look and there was nothing where it had been standing. I went home and closed all the blinds, locked the doors and called my son. It was over a year ago.

Are you able to sleep okay now? How has your hero son coped with this? Did you tell him?

BTW, I am also a heroes Mom, my son is active duty army in Texas.

He did one tour in Iraq, and is heading to Afghanistan probably next year. I just wish this war would end, and bring our troops home.

Are you able to sleep okay now? How has your hero son coped with this? Did you tell him?

BTW, I am also a heroes Mom, my son is active duty army in Texas.

He did one tour in Iraq, and is heading to Afghanistan probably next year. I just wish this war would end, and bring our troops home.

Herosmom here- Sorry all! I'm having trouble figuring out how to use your forums! How to post, you name it! But I really appreciate everyones kind responses! Thanks so much susiq2! Would really like to talk. Edited by herosmom

Saw a slightly-larger-than-human-size upright creature with shaggy black fur standing right near the road, partly behind a tree, outside Snelling, CA. Seemed about to cross over the highway. just saw it for about five seconds. Looked kind of friendly, I guess, to me. (shrug) in May 2011

A teenage child of mine saw a brown one walking along down in the woods near the King's River beside the road on highway 180 in the foothills as we drove along at a leisurely pace, near Sequoia National Park. She describes the chest as broad and leathery-furry looking. Didn't notice much else. In June 2011

A friend saw one beside highway 168 downhill of Oakhurst, CA. In July 2011. Don't have more detail.

Okay, this is my personal sighting that I'd like to share with you.

now, this is something that happened to me some 20 years ago and I never told anyone about it. I live in Germany and Bigfoot is not a topic that is greatly known or discussed here and as far as I know, there are no reports of sightings in this region. People here would think that you are either delusional or just the victim of a prank.

I'll try to provide as many details as possible so you can be the judges ;)

It was in the summer of 1990 and I was a boy of 12 years. I spent two weeks of my summer vacation with a group of maybe 50 other kids and 5-6 adults in a kind of youth hostel or boy scout home in the Northern part of Bavaria (which is a state in south-east Germany). The kids were between 8 and 13 years of age. I think it was August, not 100% sure about that and the weather was very hot and dry - perfect weather to spent the days outdoors.

If you wann know the exact location, go to Google Maps and search for "Pfadfinderhaus Forchheim".

The building we were staying at faced a large cornfield to the south (or what we here in Germany would call "large" ^^) and on all other sides was enclosed by woods. To the east, inside the woods, was a meadow with short yellowish grass. This open space is approximately 600 meters long and 150 meters broad. You can clearly see it on Google maps. It is now used as a temporary camping ground but was just a meadow when I was there.

We spent practically every day in the woods, playing, screaming, laughing, normal kids stuff. On day one, north of the meadow we came to a small patch of wood that seemed to have been cleared a couple of years ago. The trees there were only a few meters in height and it looked quite shrubby, a bit desolate all in all. In the middle of this patch of wood we found an area that was encircled with a dirty looking, formerly white, ribbon. It looked a bit like the scene of a police investigation that is locked with tape, so that no one might enter it. The band appeared to be spun around little trees randomly and yet the whole scene looked artificial. It did not look like something that kids would do, playing in the woods.

Over the next days we found parts of that dirty-whitish ribbon applied to trees, branches, fern all across the woods, some low in place, some higher up. All looking completely random and strange. It was an eerie sight, but we didn't think about it further.

Then on day 2 or 3 the knocking started. We heard loud sounds, as if someone hit the trunk of a tree violently with a hard object. Soon we came upon a tree that bore a very fresh mark on its trunk, as if someone had stripped off the bark in that spot. Something that might have been done with a large baseball bat or the blunt side of an axe. The mark was high up in the tree. When I say high, bear in mind that I was a small boy. None of us could reach it, not even the adults that were with us. You might however touch it with the tip of a long stick.

The next couple of days, the knocking persisted. There would be nothing, silence, for hours, then there would be a knocking, two minutes later another and yet another. We found new trees with new markings, looking fresh and again, high up in the tree. The knocking was pretty loud, even as it seemed to come from a couple of hundred meters away.

On day 9 or 10 I was playing football (soccer) with a group of other kids in the meadow I already mentioned. I think we were 5 or 6. Suddenly, the knocking started again, this time much louder than before, coming from the wood to the east of the meadow. We stopped playing, walked into the adjacent wood to look where this noise was coming from. The knocking was close, but we could not pinpoint its source. Roaming through the woods, one in my group suddenly became very agitated, pointed to a group of trees and exclaimed that someone was sneaking behind those trees. We were frightened to death, ran out of the forest, screaming, crossed the meadow and reaching the side of the opposite forest we stopped and hid behind bushes and branches. Nervously we looked back to the opposing woods, across the meadow, anxious that this someone might be following us. After a couple of seconds, two boys in my group suddenly sprang up, pointed across the meadow and screamed "ape!" "oh my good he has the face of an ape". I was terrified and asked "you see what?? where is he, show me, where is he". Both boys pointed hysterically to one side of the woods, but I saw nothing. Then one added "he is wearing something on his head, it looks like a green hat". In my mind, I thought about a person similar to the gorilla warriors you can see in Planet of the Apes. Now this disturbed me so much, that I instantly ran back to the house, screaming and crying. My friends followed me and we were all so in shock, that we had to rest for over an hour in the adults room. We lay on the beds, crying and were questioned by the adults.

In the evening, the other kids started to make fun of us and called me "ape man" (LOL). We were ridiculed and laughed at. The next morning, my friends and I were so insistent and getting on the nerves of the adults in charge, that they decided to split into groups and enter the woods again. This, I guess, was ment to console us and calm us down, but it all had a very different effect.

We entered the woods with three groups on three different sides of the building. As soon as we were in the forest, the knocking started again. We ran violently through the forest for 1-2 minutes until we came across a tree that showed a recent mark on its bark, where a hard object must have hit. The knocking ceased for a moment and then started again, this time coming from a different direction. Again we dashed through the woods only to find yet another tree with a mark, high up, and some torn branches. We repeated this game for 30 minutes until we met the second group. The other adult, when meeting, related the exact same thing that we experienced, only in the more eastern part of the woods. Now the two adults were visibly concerned, too, and as we were all very exhausted, red-faced and panting, they decided to retreat to the house.

Meeting the rest of the group there, there was a short discussion among the adults and they determined to forbid us ever entering the woods again for the remainder of the vacation. We subsequently were confined to the house and the adjacent corn field.

I was the happiest boy in the world, when we finally left the house after a fortnight.

While we stayed at this youth hostel, we saw (except on the last day, when a family went for a picnic on the meadow) not a single other person in the woods. No hunters, hikers, loggers, tourists, no one. We neither saw any vehicles or anything that looked as if it came from a human (tools etc.). I grew up in a rural area, that means I am very familiar with the sounds of loggers, falling trees. The sounds we heard in the woods during those two weeks were NOT the sounds of loggers or tree felling. Neither were those the sound of a woodpecker.

Now let me add some conclusions, if I may, some pros and cons:

This incident happened in Germany, central Europe. As far as I know, there are no other sightings reported for this region. That makes it highly unlikely, that this was actually Bigfoot.

However, the region where we stayed lies on the western fringe of the Bavarian Woods. The Bavarian Woods are "the largest protected forest area in central Europe" (quoted from Wikipedia). The Bavarian Woods have populations of wild cats, wolves and even a few sightings of bears. They extend far into the Check Republic and border on the eastern side on a wooded region that stretches far into Russia. If Bigfoot might exist in central Europe, this would be an ideal location. We have hot and dry summers here and cold, snowy winters. The Bavarian Woods is a mountainous region.

Could this have been a prank by some older teenagers or young adults? Well, yeah, it could have been. The house was known for hosting groups of children and teenagers, so this would be the ideal place for playing a prank on someone.

However, who would honestly spend 12 days of their lives, morning, afternoon and evening, to **** off a group of kids? Who would put on an ape costume and then hide behind trees and bushes? They could have done much better, could have frightened the whole camp.

Then there is the "green hat", that one boy reported to see on top of the ape-faced creature. Now we all know, that Bigfoot does not wear hats. But on the other hand, who would put on an ape costume and then spoil his disguise by wearing a hat? Might it have been a large leaf instead, some fern, the creature was using to hide behind? It might be possible, that what my friend saw was actually a Bigfoots coned head. Please take a look at hats, that German forest officials and rangers usually wear:

http://de.vmstatic.com/schinderhannes-jagdhut-trachtenhut-hut-mit-2fachkordell-store-stebel-trachten-g0009ss6n7.jpg

This is a dark green hat, that has the typical conical shape that is reported from Bigfoot. From a distance, and hiding behind leafes, a Bigfoots conical head might be confused with this hunters hat.

Now what do you make of that story? Have I been the victim of an elaborate prank, someone who was cunning and dedicated enough to fool us for days and chase us all across the woods? Or might this, unlikely as it is, be a real sighting?

Looking forward to your replies. And sorry for being so lenghty. Just had to get this off of my chest as detailed as possible.

Best wishes,

Ing Mi