• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter

Bff Member Sightings/ Please No Questions Or Discussion Of A Members Sightings.

86 posts in this topic

Fair question.   I don't make the rules, but it seems to it should be ok.    I have one of those.   I could not see that it was a bigfoot but I could see that the list of what it was not included all known F&B animals.   Not exactly the same thing but pretty darn close.

If you want to tell your story, I'd encourage you to tell it and let the chips fall where they may.

MIB

Great report, Woodslore. And you have nothing to be ashamed of. You were in a difficult situation, and you didn't shoot at a living thing. 

Now that you know what you know, though, you may not have to worry as much about tall, upright black figures and strange sounds. Those tall, upright figures don't carry weapons, and they don't like to hurt people. (And when you speak to them in a normal, kind way, it's calming to them, like it is to us.) You're good!

Cliff Barackman implied, in one of those Finding Bigfoot threads you've posted on recently, that he believes some of the wood-knocking sounds he has heard in the woods may have been created with something other than wood -- maybe hands clapping. So maybe you could ask Cliff more about that. 

It's all good, Woodslore. You have a good heart, and they know that. 

Thanks for sharing with us.   

Thanks for sharing the report.    FWIW, clapping has been reported before.   Also very loud mouth pops / tongue "clacks".   I suspect some of the "wood knocks" are actually one or the other of those, maybe both.   Same for rock clacks. 

If we want to get to the truth, we have to report it as it was and not filter out the stuff that doesn't fit the popular, "respectable" paradigm, otherwise we're validating the misconceptions.

MIB

My Possible experience. I told this story years ago on this site under my old deleted profile, but will share it again.

Date: 1990???
State or Province: NJ
Nearest Town: Route 70 on edge of Ocean & Burlington County in the heart of the Pine Barrens
Other Witnesses: A Friend of mine
Time and Conditions: Night time in December
Environment: A yard surrounded by Woods on all sides, set back a mile from the highway

This happened in 1990 approx ,I was part of a hunting club that used to meet up at my Friend's house for NJ's 6 day firearm hunting season for Deer.

He lived a mild back off the route 70 highway in the woods. My plan was to bring my gun,hunting gear, etc, and drop it off at his house on Sunday night to be ready for the next day's hunting season. I was then going to talk with the gang of hunters in his house, and then leave to go back home and sleep since I only lived 15 minutes away. I had a Friend, Jimmy with me who was also dropping his stuff off. The yard was pretty big but not very well lit. We normally would park within 10-20 yards of the house, but since there were several hunters there, all of the spots were taken,so we had to park about 70-80 yards from the house, out near his garage which was separate from the house. We parked, gout our bags, and our shotguns which were unloaded, and in cases. and we walked towards the house and towards the light of the front porch. We were about 10 yards from the woods on our right.  We were about 40 yards, or half way to the house, when we heard the most horrible sound come from the woods next to us, it sounded like a cross between a bear growl, and a lion roar, I can't exactly describe it, but it was very loud,and I remember feeling the sound as much as hearing it. We both stopped dead in our tracks, and I remember this part clearly as if it just happened, we both looked at each other and didn't say a word, and at that second rand full speed towards the door of the house. We both hit the door at the same time, and actually partially knocked the door off the hinges. The guys inside jumped up startled and said what the .....

We both yelled out, there's something out there in the woods.They started laughing at us when we told them what happened. One guy said, "you Guys both had guns what are you worried about?" Our guns were cased and unloaded, so I wasn't trying to see what made that noise. A bunch of us went out with a portable spotlight, and scanned the woods. We found nothing. The sound sounded to me as if it came from just inside the woods maybe 20 yards from us. One guy explained that it may have been a rutting buck,which can make some awfully odd sounds. I have been hunting for 30 years now, and have heard lots of bucks, and this was not a deer. The next morning, we went out to where we heard this sound,armed of course, and scoped out the woods. It was a brushy area on the edge, but inside, it was a soggy marshy type of ground, with well used deer trails cutting thru. I think it may have been on one of these trails.I saw nothing, no tracks, nothing. I had hunted this same area for abut 5 years before, and hunted it another 4-5 years after, and never saw anything unusual or heard anything like that at anytime besides this one time. I can't say I have ever seen a bigfoot, and for me seeing is believing, but I heard something that was really scary and unusual. My guess was if it wasn't a Bigfoot it could be a mountain lion or Bear,I just don't know. After I got on the net in the 90's, I found various bigfoot reports of possible activity in NJ,especially in the Pine barrens, which has lead me to believe that it could have been Bigfoot. 

Here's the coordinates on Google Earth:

Latitude: 39°56'18.23"N

Longitude:  74°30'16.66"W

samsho10.jpg

Edited by AaronD
typo edit per member request

I've really enjoyed reading all of these experiences, I hope more people will share their reports

After I got on the net in the 90's, I found various bigfoot reports of possible activity in NJ,especially in the Pine barrens, which has lead me to believe that it could have been Bigfoot. 

It sure coulda! :)

Thanks for sharing that!

Woodslore and NJBigfooter, thanks much for sharing, nice detailed reports, enjoyed reading them!

My Possible experience. I told this story years ago on this site under my old deleted profile, but will share it again.

Date: 1990???

State or Province: NJ

Nearest Town: Route 70 on edge of Ocean & Burlington County in the heart of the Pine Barrens

Other Witnesses: A Friend of mine

Time and Conditions: Night time in December

Environment: A yard surrounded by Woods on all sides, set back a mile from the highway

We were about 40 yards, or half way to the house, when we heard the most horrible sound come from the woods next to us, it sounded like a cross between a bear growl, and a lion roar, I can't exactly describe it, but it was very loud,and I remember feeling the sound as much as hearing it. We both stopped dead in our tracks, and I remember this part clearly as if it just happened, we both looked at each other and didn't say a word, and at that second rand full speed towards the door of the house. We both hit the door at the same time, and actually partially knocked the door off the hinges. The guys inside jumped up startled and said what the .....

Here's the coordinates on Google Earth:

Latitude: 39°56'18.23"N

Longitude:  74°30'16.66"W

samsho10.jpg

NJ,

There have been other witnesses that have said the same as you; that they heard a very loud growl type sound and could also feel the sounds as well as hear it. 

Even though bucks can make odd sounds, they certainly couldn't make a vocal sound loud enough that you could feel it.

Thanks, I can't say what I heard was Bigfoot,I just know it was something out of the ordinary. In 30 years of hunting the woods near me,I've never had an experience like it. Cliff from Finding Bigfoot said that he got a really good vocalization a couple miles from where I had my experience as seen here-

http://cliffbarackman.com/finding-bigfoot/finding-bigfoot-episode-guide/finding-bigfoot-season-four/finding-bigfoot-season-four-south-jersey-sasquatch/

I posted this sighting a few years ago, but will add it to this thread for new members

Some time a go I discovered a bed structure on a property I had been searching, I had mentioned the discovery to my father inlaw who was sceptical, but never the less wanted to take a look at it.

So we planned a night out in the area and do some fishing after we inspected the structure.

The time was 9.15pm and we were sitting by the fire as it was the start of winter in Oz and we sitting around chatting after dinner and we could both here a noise on the far back of the river, the sound was obviously rocks and stick moving and breaking, thinking that was odd, but never really took much notice until we heard a load splash in the river. We didn't know what to think and grabbed the spotlight and shone it into the water to see what was happening

In the water was a kangaroo, thrashing around and attempting to swim, now kangaroos don't normally jump in water. Wondering what to do and why did it jump into the water became evident. While the roo was in the water there was more disturbance on the far back so we moved the spot light from the roo in the water to the action on the back, we could see another roo going in circles, it was frightened and was looking for a way out. With this going on and the roo in the water thrashing around it was pretty full on.

We watched these animals for a few minutes and shone the torch around a found a set of large red eyes and a dark figure standing by a rock, watching.

My guess is that the red eyed creature was watching us with the camp fire going and the roos come along minding there own business and got a wiff of the dark figure and panicked.

As it turned out the roo in the water managed to get to the near side of the river and got away and the roo on the far bank made its escape up the mountain, we kept the light on the red eyes for a few minutes and the animal did not move, it just stood there for about 3 minutes turned and walked back up the mountain