Any Revenge From The Sierra Kills?

Guest Tsalagi

The DNA test on the BF steak said 100% human.

So that man shot another person? Homocide! Is there any possibility you think that BF is close enough related to us a sample would come back as human?

The DNA test on the BF steak said 100% human.

I still don't get this. mtDNA might show BF's bread with a human female 15,000 years ago. The nuDNA might show BF half way between man and chimp.

Guest wild eyed willy

I wouldn't want to be the trigger man who took out a BF. the miners report of the BF attack from 1948 (I think). They had shot and presumably killed a BF and the attack on their cabin that followed was sustained for the entire night. I don't know how they managed to survive the night. I think the fact that the cabin was very well built and had no windows probably saved theyre lives.

One can only assume the adult male was gone for some reason, or the shooter would likely not be with us any longer. I don't think the BF's would take revenge on any human for what happened, but If I was the shooter, I wouldn't go back to the kill site ever.

Guest Silver Fox

So that man shot another person? Homocide! Is there any possibility you think that BF is close enough related to us a sample would come back as human?

The DNA test must have been MtDNA. On a radio show last nite, two men close to the Ketchum DNA project said that implied that the Bigfoot steak tested as coming from a Bigfoot on DNA tests. They must be referencing NuDNA.

BFF Patron

OMG!

There will be no "revenge" because there have been no "killing(s)".

My sources are above reproach.

Man, that's one angry BF then, with one heckuva a need for tissue-grafting then. :lol:

I still don't get this. mtDNA might show BF's bread with a human female 15,000 years ago. The nuDNA might show BF half way between man and chimp.

Well it looks like you understand it to me, that's the claim.

Edited by Jodie

Guest tracker

I don't know if about this story or his version of it. The sequence of events sounds off to me. A female Bf in broad daylight charges down a wide open road (no cover) at 2 humans and a truck waving it's arms? Sure he shot them in the back(if it happened?) but the rest of the story I would say the hunters CYA-ing to give him cause to open fire IMO.

Guest General

As stated in other posts there were several parts of the story that were untrue.remember the telephone game? Its even worse in this case cause people played the game and then no one talked about it for 6 months. Nothing was seen on the road besides some unidentified poop. The terrian is very steep an the animals often use the roads in that area to travel but nothing was seen in or near the road. No animal or human charged any vehicle. When the creature was spotted she had her hands above her head possibly in a defensive manner for her children possibly to scare the people for their own protection she took 8 very slow short steps in the direction of the shooter. There has been quiet the spin on this story. The truth is out there but its hard to see.

The rest of the story will come out eventually.

Wishing you all a safe weekend

I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't shot? Would the mother have turned the vehicle over and pushed it off the road down the hill? Or would she have just stood there hoping the vehicle backed up? My first instinct when I come up on something like that or something jumps in front of my car is to honk my horn. I wonder why that didn't cause Momma to run in the other direction?

Guest Thepattywagon

On the radio show last nite, it was said that the female was 80 to 100 yards from the shooter.

Was the shooter using open sights or was the rifle scoped?

What time of day did the incident occur? How was the lighting?

Sorry if these questions have already been addressed. :)

On the radio show last nite, it was said that the female was 80 to 100 yards from the shooter.

Was the shooter using open sights or was the rifle scoped?

What time of day did the incident occur? How was the lighting?

Sorry if these questions have already been addressed. :)

I don't think they have been answered, but I would venture to guess that the rifle was scoped. It it very rare for a hunter to use an unscoped rifle in the US nowadays unless it is legally required. In fact, most, but not all, fine rifles do not come with sights on them anymore. Big bore rifles and lever actions are an exception.

Guest Thepattywagon

If you are correct, and the shooter was looking at the creature through a scoped rifle, then I'd say either the light was very dim, making it hard to discern his target, the shooter's eyesight was poor, OR, the claim that he mistook it for a bear is bogus.

To this point, I'm far from accepting what I've read and what I heard on the show last night regarding the details surrounding the incident.