Should I Bet The Guys At Work That Bigfoot Is Real?

Guest BIG WHITE BUFFALO
They will all give me 10:1 odds on a $100 bet, which means I rake in $10k off this puppy if it pans out. I'm pretty convinced the EP is the real deal, but I'm not convinced it will be released in a year. So, any advice?

this is an unwinnable bet for both sides! you can't prove whether it does or does not exsist! if you could prove it by finding an actual body,you could make a lot more than 10k off of it too!

Guest Boolywooger

$150.00 and 18 months would be perfect since the world ends in December 2012, right? :P

I have no personal experience with BF other than I want to believe.

That said, I've followed the subject of 'Bigfoot' for years solely on genuine interest.

And for years I've been excited and then deflated by the next 'big' thing.

Using history and common sense as my guide - I would advise against placing this bet.

I'd bet the salesman will "chump" out on you , even if the DNA is peer reviewed and double blind checked. It won't depend on the evidence, it will be the measure of their character , because they blindly gave you 10 to 1 odds.

Guest Lesmore

I wouldn't bet your coworkers....I think you will lose. As one of the admin says...proving it...will be difficult.

Guest Bigfoot Hunter

I wouldn't but then I am just not a betting person. Still, until a body is produced (hopefully this fall, haha) I wouldn't do it.

I'd say you have a fighting chance within the timeline of a year , for the DNA evidence to be published in a science journal, but the question will be if that constitutes proof.

Guest JudasBeast

Second verse same as the first

A little bit louder and a little bit worse.

(BTW, the first verse involved a freezer in Georgia.)

Well said.

That bet is too large for them to pay. You would be inflicting harm on fellow employees. That isn't going to work out well for you even if you win. They wouldn't pay easily. That is my experience with human nature. They would expect you to accept victory as your reward. People will hand over 20 bucks with no problem but when you start getting over hundreds of dollars, family members, spouses, intervene. You shouldn't get involved in something that could significantly harm your fellow employees just because you might have some inside knowledge. As to if I think you would win the bet, who knows? Something is definitely going on. Some of the "leaks" make me think it might be undeniable proof but I have seen what was described as compelling evidence not materialize. It happens with remarkable frequency with bigfoot evidence. Keep the bet in the friendly range. That is my suggestion.

NiceGuyJon,

Your first tell here is your doubt in the bet itself. If there's that much hesitation or doubt, I'd trust my gut an toss in my cards. You still win either way, ya just won't have the big payout in a year. Not proven in a year, you don't loose a grand, if it is proven, you've still won the argument...just not the money.

Pat...

Here's the best part- I've described to them in detail what the Erickson Project claims to have, as well as the story of the two BFs that were killed and subsequently used as DNA donors. Of course, it just made them laugh even harder, which is what prompted one of them to offer the bet. So... I don't need a body in order to collect, just for the Erickson footage plus the DNA evidence to be convincing. They are all a bunch of dumb car salesmen (I am too, so I can say that :)), so I got them ALL to jump in!

They will all give me 10:1 odds on a $100 bet, which means I rake in $10k off this puppy if it pans out. I'm pretty convinced the EP is the real deal, but I'm not convinced it will be released in a year. So, any advice?

Should I take it?

I have a smashing idea. PM Ketchum and tell her about your bet. Tell her if the whole thing is not the latest charade in Woods & Wildmen and they actually release peer reviewed findings sequencing Bigfoot DNA and establishing the most important scientific discovery of the last 200 years, you'll happily send her $1000 from your $10,000 clean up. If it does turn out to be just another spin on the merry-go-round of Bigfootery, she can give you the $1000 to pay your coworkers and an apology for getting you into the situation in the first place with the sky high promises.

Is good, no?

ETA: Forgot to add, as I've said before, if this Erickson Project farce actually brings Bigfoot DNA to the world, I'll literally eat a crow.

Edited by kitakaze

Guest BIGFOOT BBQ

Here's the best part- I've described to them in detail what the Erickson Project claims to have, as well as the story of the two BFs that were killed and subsequently used as DNA donors. Of course, it just made them laugh even harder, which is what prompted one of them to offer the bet. So... I don't need a body in order to collect, just for the Erickson footage plus the DNA evidence to be convincing. They are all a bunch of dumb car salesmen (I am too, so I can say that :)), so I got them ALL to jump in!

Should I take it?

Oh yes, absolutely, you should take those yokels up on their stupid bet! In fact, you should not stop at only betting $1000 of your money. No, you should take out as much money as you possibly can and bet as much money as possible. You should bet the equity in your home, your 401K, all of that. Seriously. Do it now before it's too late and the Ericken Project material is released to the world to the chagrin of skeptics everywhere! But whatever you do, don't let those "dumb car salesmen" make a fool out of you which they will if you don't bet your life savings on 'Bigfoot Rising'. :popcorn:

Guest BIGFOOT BBQ

this is an unwinnable bet for both sides! you can't prove whether it does or does not exsist! if you could prove it by finding an actual body,you could make a lot more than 10k off of it too!

So you're saying that he's thinking too small and he should 'go large' and QUIT his job and instead of making a bet with his coworkers, he should invest that money into 'expedition gear' and go out and find a Bigfoot body and collect on the big payday...?

Fabulous idea! I agree. :rock: He should quit his job tomorrow and go on a Bigfoot expedition. Maybe he and that guy from Blackwater Bigfoot Baggers who just left in a huff could hook up.

And then they could even go on a Bigfoot expedition together!