Bigfoot: Would You Shoot One?

Guest TooRisky

Guest mizzousquatchn

I personaly would not want to ever shoot a sasquatch. Now... i guess if i had a gun and i was fearing for my or my childrens life then i may pull the trigger. I just hate the thought of it though. Nothing good comes out of killing anything. Just my opinion though. :rolleyes:

I can't help but think that unless you know exactly what you are doing and are equipped with significant firepower, shooting a Sasquatch would be the last thing you did.

I wouldn't, unless backed up against the proverbial wall.

I can't help but think that unless you know exactly what you are doing and are equipped with significant firepower, shooting a Sasquatch would be the last thing you did.

This line of thought is immensely interesting to me. What, outside of the *Ape Canyon* story would lead you to feel that way?

If it is opinion based, then you are certainly entitled to that. But, your sentiment is expressed an awful lot. And, I've seen very little of substance offered to substantiate it.

I'm of two minds on this issue. On one hand I would hate to kill the only one of a thing that I might never see again. On the other hand a body seems to be the only way to prove to the world they exist. I think I'd take the shot but would probably be remorseful for the rest of my life.

We always consume ourselves if we could, we never stop and think about if we should.

Dr. Ian Malcom ladies and gentlemen! Dr. Ian Malcom!

I digress. I don't think I could bring myself to do it unless, as others stated, I or someone I was with were in danger.

This line of thought is immensely interesting to me. What, outside of the *Ape Canyon* story would lead you to feel that way?

If it is opinion based, then you are certainly entitled to that. But, your sentiment is expressed an awful lot. And, I've seen very little of substance offered to substantiate it.

It’s based on the assumption that the BF skeletal muscular structure would be dense and strong, similar to a brown or grizzly bear. I’m not saying exactly like a grizzly, but they’d be much more solid then a human. This is based on their size and observed actions, climbing steep hills/cliffs, carrying heavy pigs under one arm, etc.

I’ve heard stories of smaller caliber gun bullets ricocheting off bears skulls instead of penetrating. I’ve also heard of one man that was chased up a tree by a feral hog and he emptied his cartridge, 17 shots of 9mm, into the hog with little effect. He was trapped in the tree until his friend came along with his .44 magnum and killed the hog with one shot.

What if you just wound the BF, would it attack you? And do these creatures live in groups, would your life be in mortal danger from its “clan†after you shot one? Standing over your freshly killed BF trophy would be a bummer of a time to find out you just shot junior, and boy is dad pissed. As least as he is tearing your limbs from your body, you can take comfort in the knowledge that all the skeptics were wrong...â€they DO existâ€...fade to black.

If one was going to shoot one of these creatures, you’d better have significant firepower on hand, know where to shot it to kill it, and have the skills to hit the target. Then you’d better hope it’s alone or that its buddies are passive.

I agree with being prepared. I was a Boy Scout. However there is the possibility (shy as they are) that it would de-booty the area with a quickness. Just another idea. It seems generally accepted that it would become enraged and beat you to death with your own arm.

Guest TooRisky

It’s based on the assumption that the BF skeletal muscular structure would be dense and strong, similar to a brown or grizzly bear. I’m not saying exactly like a grizzly, but they’d be much more solid then a human. This is based on their size and observed actions, climbing steep hills/cliffs, carrying heavy pigs under one arm, etc.

I’ve heard stories of smaller caliber gun bullets ricocheting off bears skulls instead of penetrating. I’ve also heard of one man that was chased up a tree by a feral hog and he emptied his cartridge, 17 shots of 9mm, into the hog with little effect. He was trapped in the tree until his friend came along with his .44 magnum and killed the hog with one shot.

What if you just wound the BF, would it attack you? And do these creatures live in groups, would your life be in mortal danger from its “clan†after you shot one? Standing over your freshly killed BF trophy would be a bummer of a time to find out you just shot junior, and boy is dad pissed. As least as he is tearing your limbs from your body, you can take comfort in the knowledge that all the skeptics were wrong...â€they DO existâ€...fade to black.

If one was going to shoot one of these creatures, you’d better have significant firepower on hand, know where to shot it to kill it, and have the skills to hit the target. Then you’d better hope it’s alone or that its buddies are passive.

Well put my friend and collegue... Oregonman is a close friend and has been in the field with us on many occasion in the worst of conditions... This man is no fly by night thinker and will not respond without a well thought out and intelligent response.

Kudos Dean... 2R

Dr. Ian Malcom ladies and gentlemen! Dr. Ian Malcom!

I digress. I don't think I could bring myself to do it unless, as others stated, I or someone I was with were in danger.

The book is way better than the movie btw

It’s based on the assumption that the BF skeletal muscular structure would be dense and strong, similar to a brown or grizzly bear.

Sounds like it is *opinion* based on your end. That's cool. We are all entitled to our opinions.

It's all about shot placement. I've taken black bears, grizzlies, and wild boar with both bow and gun. A good shot in the *vitals* = lights out for all of them.

I've also taken lions, leopards, hippos, crocs, and water buffalo in Africa. Albeit all with guns.

Never once saw a *retaliatory* instance from any of them.

What if you just wound the BF, would it attack you? And do these creatures live in groups, would your life be in mortal danger from its “clan†after you shot one? Standing over your freshly killed BF trophy would be a bummer of a time to find out you just shot junior, and boy is dad pissed.

Any wounded animal is dangerous. For me personally, if BF exists, and I lean in the direction that it does, then it is just another flesh and blood animal. Nothing more or less IMO.

There are numerous accounts of people shooting BF throughout history. But, retaliation by their *clan* or family? Where are they?

Then you’d better hope it’s alone or that its buddies are passive.

Why? They don't strike me as being any different than any other flesh and blood animal. Outside of their bi-pedal locomotion. And, retaliation is absent in all of those other species.

It is somewhat frustrating to me that numerous people seem to believe this but there is virtually nothing to substantiate the belief besides it being *opinion oriented* outside the Ape Canyon story.

Still, I respect everyones opinion. But, I will continue to ask those who purport that a BF's family/clan would retaliate should one of their own be shot/taken in the hopes that someone will one day provide evidence of such behavior beyond *Ape Canyon*.

Like I said before, I find this *opinion* interesting as someone who has hunted their entire life.

I would like to shoot, kill and retrieve one to an undisclosed location where I would allow certain bigwigs in the scientific field to individually and secretly be transported so that they could analyze it and take samples back. Once the scientific field is convinced that they truly do exist maybe then, the appropriate peoples would finally conduct a serious well funded investigation (thank you Hunster) into BigFoot.

Or maybe the CIA would steal all my Kool-aid then burn my house down. Yea, that's probably what the appropriate peoples would do... :P

Have you ever heard Timberghost's BF shooting account? Within minutes of the shooting several very large BF were on the scene and carried the body away. Quite the account, BTW.

Is there a link for that Indifoot? I remember one from somewhere that had the killed Bigfoot carried off by another but I can't remember details. Was Timberghosts,a personal experience? I bet they are both on the old forum. I would like to read his account if possible as I believe I missed it. :-)

Edited by MarkMc

You can borrow one of my rifles and meet me for a long weekend if you want Norcal. I was going to tent camp, but if you come with, I'll bring the trailer. We should have this whole bigfoot thing wrapped up by the end of October ;)

Have you ever heard Timberghost's BF shooting account? Within minutes of the shooting several very large BF were on the scene and carried the body away. Quite the account, BTW.

I've heard people reference Timberghost's account but never read the specific account.

I'd love to though friend. Like I've said, a lot of people believe they would retaliate in some manner or carry off their dead.

I'm not close-minded on the subject and when I see someone that holds the above belief I always ask. Like I said, it is really an interesting subject for me.

Heck, maybe I'm the one that holds a minority view. :lol:

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic