Animal Planet Bigfoot Series 6 Episodes on American BF Sightings

Guest ajciani

SSR Team

Wow. Very interesting -- a lot more cynicism than I expected from bigfooter's.

Really ?? I never thought it'd get anything else to be honest.. :D

Some people are just plain wrong too withint this Thread, i know at least one of them on the Show is a Member on here & someone i consider to be one of the most approachable, smart ( even though he's a Dolphin's Fan :D ), honest & hard working Researchers out there & i take my hat off to him for helping to contribute to helping this Subject get on the Stage of Animal Planet personally, hats off..

Whatever they decided to do on that Programme would be mocked or be wrong to someone, you can't keep everyone happy & i'm glad that i don't think the people who participated in that Show, particulary care what Poster X on the BFF says/thinks about them anyway.. :)

If you don't like it, don't watch it, simples..

In fact, am i right in saying that it hasn't even aired yet ??

• Upvote 1

I think I'll just watch the series, before I come to any negative conclusions. I don't expect it to conclude in "finding BF"... because it hasn't been found yet (to my knowledge, anyhow), and would probably hear about that here first, before seeing it on any cable TV series.

Don't expect anything earthshattering, and you won't be disappointed. Enjoy it for what it is... a TV series, about.. what little is known about BF, and the opinions of the people involved in the series. There is always some information that can be picked out and used, for someone interested in learning. Even in "Bigfoot, the Definitive Guide" , I gathered some good info that I'd not heard before, despite disagreeing with much of what was said.

Do Fly Fishermen have the same objections with the show River Monsters? Where a guy jets on in and fishes for a day or so? If so then let the "haters" have a field day!! :lol:

To be honest I'm pretty appalled who is representing Bigfootery in general. However that's as much our fault as anyone's. If Folks quit using the other place and stopped going to sponsored events of the other place it would fold like a cheap paper tablecloth.

There are hundreds by now of small independent groups that don't get a lot of air play and do just as good a job, if not better. By not supporting them who is a large funder to go to? If someone has a problem with who Animal Planet picked then send them a email with who you think can do it better. By boycotting the show they'll drop the premise altogether. If anyone wants a season two, then clue them in. :D

Guest Cervelo

River Monsters is great! Why because he actually catches the monster!!!!! Its a fascinating concept you hear about it, you go there catch it, and well you get the picture......tirade over:)

Personally, I think they monitor the board and stole my idea. I discussed this show concept with Norseman and Tracker several months before they even started filming and entitled it "Searching for Sasquatch" . It was going to be a reality TV show following them out in the field for several months going to several hot spots. We were even going to invite Kitakaze to go along as resident skeptic. I thought my version would have been more interesting even though Norseman refused to wear the bikini. :lol:

Guest wudewasa

There are hundreds by now of small independent groups that don't get a lot of air play and do just as good a job, if not better. By not supporting them who is a large funder to go to? If someone has a problem with who Animal Planet picked then send them a email with who you think can do it better. By boycotting the show they'll drop the premise altogether. If anyone wants a season two, then clue them in. :D

I don't like Animal Planet because of their sensationalism. Coercing 300 people to look in an area for bigfoot "evidence" and commanding them via bullhorn gets more viewers that will gawk at the six part infomercial about the BFRO. Animal planet loves to shock audiences with doozies like "Whale Wars," "Fatal Attractions," "Swamp Brothers," and "Lost Tapes." Essentially, journalism has been thrown aside in order to attract viewers to a sideshow. The formula of "Lets put people in an outdoor situation and watch them bumble around" started with "The Crocodile Hunter" and has mutated into many virulent strains of nature themed reality TV. There is no science or research, just watered down "edutainment" with some gee whiz gadgets that make people look cool and innovative.

Guest ajciani

Wow. Very interesting -- a lot more cynicism than I expected from bigfooter's.

Do you think some of this is the "Crab Pot" theory?

The collective subject of Bigfoot finally get's a dedicated Series on Animal Planet, but the Bigfooting "community" at large would like nothing more than to see these folks fail???

I think it's the rumor that this is a BFRO connected show. After the Strange Days thing, and some of the MQ episodes, I think many are of the opinion that the BFRO should stay away from the TV, least "crab pot" look more like "crack pot".

The real worry is that it might be more showmanship than bigfootship. Seeing serious bigfoot investigating will be much more interesting that seeing showmen.

Of course, I can't wait to see the show, so I can form a substantive opinion.

I don't like Animal Planet because of their sensationalism. Coercing 300 people to look in an area for bigfoot "evidence" and commanding them via bullhorn gets more viewers that will gawk at the six part infomercial about the BFRO. Animal planet loves to shock audiences with doozies like "Whale Wars," "Fatal Attractions," "Swamp Brothers," and "Lost Tapes." Essentially, journalism has been thrown aside in order to attract viewers to a sideshow. The formula of "Lets put people in an outdoor situation and watch them bumble around" started with "The Crocodile Hunter" and has mutated into many virulent strains of nature themed reality TV. There is no science or research, just watered down "edutainment" with some gee whiz gadgets that make people look cool and innovative.

The folks in NC weren't "Coerced" they volunteered to show up and participate. In fact regardless of the "bull-horn shenanagans" it appeared the youngsters had a blast!! I'm willing to bet more than one of those kids will end up with a life-long interest in it. That was about the only good thing to come out of that afternoon.

Secondly, There isn't a line of filmmakers camping out on Bigfoot Group's doorsteps. You missed the point where contacting Animal Planet to let them know what you want to see in their programing is about the only way to change it. :)

Guest wudewasa

The folks in NC weren't "Coerced" they volunteered to show up and participate. In fact regardless of the "bull-horn shenanagans" it appeared the youngsters had a blast!! I'm willing to bet more than one of those kids will end up with a life-long interest in it. That was about the only good thing to come out of that afternoon.

Secondly, There isn't a line of filmmakers camping out on Bigfoot Group's doorsteps. You missed the point where contacting Animal Planet to let them know what you want to see in their programing is about the only way to change it. :)

Hmm, there is an incentive to "get on TV" with many people, and if it means tromping through an area while deploying zagnut bars, then they will bite. That's their choice, and as you can read, I'm not amused. It simply fuels my jaded cynicism.

I have talked extensively about the poor programming on the Discovery Network to someone who is high in the corporate ladder. To paraphrase their response, "It's all about making money." This is what Discovery and the BFRO have in common as entities. Don't think for a moment that Matt Moneymaker volunteered his services and labor for free. It's just what is.

Hmm, there is an incentive to "get on TV" with many people, and if it means tromping through an area while deploying zagnut bars, then they will bite. That's their choice, and as you can read, I'm not amused. It simply fuels my jaded cynicism.

I have talked extensively about the poor programming on the Discovery Network to someone who is high in the corporate ladder. To paraphrase their response, "It's all about making money." This is what Discovery and the BFRO have in common as entities. Don't think for a moment that Matt Moneymaker volunteered his services and labor for free. It's just what is.

Why don't you quit lobbing grenades from the peanut gallery, and put together your own show, and shop it to the networks of your choice? You seem to have the market cornered on more advanced strategies, and unselfish promotional efforts. Continuing to paste this board with worn out, and tiresome bfro hatred, and criticism just makes you seem like a grumpy old fart. LoL

• Upvote 1

It would be a pretty empty board if someone had to post something new IMO! :)

Actually i's be a pretty lively board if folks felt free to post what they know. Unfortunately that isn't the case. It's a shame too! :)

Unless it's against the forum rules,You should go ahead and post what you know, GrayJay, just to stir the pot so we can make the "Argumentative and Bickering" thread a self full filling prophecy. :lol:

Guest Cervelo

Gray Jay,

This is said tongue in cheek and with respectful humor:)!

It's a friggin fourm about Bigfoot remember!!!!!

Bring it who cares no one knows who you are and if your real friends don't think you've lost it who cares about the rest! Jodie see's floating who knows what's outside her house and came out with it, I didn't see anyone hammering her. I am BMC, PGF,d to death! Please tell us somthing new I don't care how out there it is!