Bf, Bodys?

Guest wild eyed willy

The problem with going out and looking for a grave is just this, you really don't know what you would be looking for. Imagine it this way, older run down 1600-1700 cemeteries, if there aren't markers how do you know its a grave and not just an open field? So short of digging every 6' or so and hoping to hit something, theres no real good method to find an area and go at it.

Sure that idea of them burying a tree over one could be used as a way to guess but you'll still have more goose eggs than success and after how many empty holes would someone just give up that idea and quit.

Wild Eyed Willy- In Autumn Williams book "Enoch" it discribed an actual bigfoot burial. It suprised me about how creimonial the burial was. I can't say this happens every burial but my opinion is that the Sas people take care of their dead in some fashion or another. As far as the sierra kills, if I got it right, the bodies were not recovered so I am assuming that the Sas people recovered the bodies(?) ptangier

The problem with going out and looking for a grave is just this, you really don't know what you would be looking for. Imagine it this way, older run down 1600-1700 cemeteries, if there aren't markers how do you know its a grave and not just an open field? So short of digging every 6' or so and hoping to hit something, theres no real good method to find an area and go at it.

Sure that idea of them burying a tree over one could be used as a way to guess but you'll still have more goose eggs than success and after how many empty holes would someone just give up that idea and quit.

Ground penetrating radar could help, but the environment is likely to be cluttered.

I think they have mastered fire and burn their dead. I bet that is where forest fires come from......well, probably not but you never know.smiley-angry021.gif

Guest bsruther

I don't know what monkeymen might do with their dead, but I saw a Nova episode recently about great apes that was pretty interesting.

There was a dead Bonobo, inside an enclosure and all of the other Bonobos were guarding it from the humans, even though it wasn't part of their own group. They wouldn't let the handlers near it.

I would imagine this type of behavior becomes more advanced as you go up the evolutionary chain. So yeah, my feeble mind sees how they could definitely bury, hide or dispose of their dead somehow.

I bet Wudewassa has a monty python clip, showing us what they do with their dead.

How many ways are there for a BF to get rid of the body’s of their dead?

Do Squatches bury/ hide their dead. The jury is still out on this subject but it would certainly help explain why we haven’t found one yet.

I have been pondering the subject and come up with these ideas.

Since sasy’s don’t have shovels or bulldozers, in order for them to dig a hole, they would have to find soft soil. Even if they used a stick to help dig, it would take a lot of energy and time to dig a hole big enough for the large body. Even in soft soil the grave would probably be shallow. I would think the best place to find soft soil would be a bog or a swamp.

It may be that they just weigh the body with stones and toss it into a swamp or bog. How likely do you suppose this idea is? I don't think this is very likely. How do they get the stones to stay on? They would have to tie them on, which means access to rope or the ability to make rope, and the ability to tie knots, which means they could make better structures and all kinds of things.

Perhaps they dig a sort of well, sit the body down inside it and find a huge rock to cap it off. I think this could be a possibility. The hole would be big around, but less deep and probably undetectable, especially if the rock was sufficiently wide as to be supported by the ground.

They could hide the body in a cave and seal off the entrance with a large boulder, I don’t know if this would have been detected by now though. Caves are not located in all of the areas BF are reported to roam. I could see them using caves as burial chambers in some areas, placing bodies in there for generations, though.

They could simply eat the victim, but I doubt this to be the case. Do any large carnivores do this?

The only other alternative I can think of would be for them to do nothing at all, besides perhaps dragging the body deep into the forest.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I have not thought of?

what do you think is the right answer?

I think ground penetrating radar would be a huge waste of time except at a known burial site.

I once found a small graveyard while surveying in the Chickasawhay District of the DeSoto National Forest. I was running a section line, and had to take a break, and was looking for a spot to take it. I walked up a hollow to a semi-brushy flat spot just above its head. As I looked around, I saw 8 or 10 uniformly spaced indentations in the ground that were a little less than 3'x6' and somewhat concave. There were two rows of them, and I do not remember how many were in each row, just the total amount. There were no visible markers. Investigating around, I saw a few very old heart pine fence posts where the site had at one time been fenced in. Most of the old posts had rotted off eons ago and were lying on the ground, broken off, or seriously leaning. There were only a few of them, but the few that were there made it obvious that the fenced off area had been a square or small rectangle. After I was done for the day, I noted the location and notified the Forest Service Work Center guys, which is where I normally checked in. They had their archaeologist check it out, and it was indeed a very old graveyard. They believed that it was likely from a family that had homesteaded that area, as they found evidence of an old homestead next to the graveyard. The Forest Service erected a new fence around it and placed signs there to protect the area. They still do not know the name of the family who is buried there.

Edited by Surveyor

Guest wild eyed willy

I don't think I made my question clear, what I meant to say was do any of you whom go out into the field bother to look for spots that might be slightly raised or slightly lower than the surounding ground, such as a grave might look just after it has been covered or how it might look over time... I know most look for tracks but I was wondering if anyone looked at the ground for telltale signs of a buriel...

Ptangier: I was under the impression that the Autum Williams book was fiction, Was I misinformed... ( I never read it because If I remember right I was told it was made up..))

Guest wild eyed willy

I think they have mastered fire and burn their dead. I bet that is where forest fires come from......well, probably not but you never know.smiley-angry021.gif

I certainly hope they don't start forest fires, it could be very dangerous for them to get away... It is my understanding that fires can travel very fast with a small amount of wind... The last thing they need is to aid in their own demise.

I certainly hope they don't start forest fires, it could be very dangerous for them to get away... It is my understanding that fires can travel very fast with a small amount of wind... The last thing they need is to aid in their own demise.

Well, that would certainly give them a definite connection to humans there...

I find it fascinating that the thread has managed to stay way from the taboo topic of cannibalism (except in the OP). Would this not kill two birds with one stone, explaining why there seem to be no remains discovered as well as providing nutrition to remaining family members. What better way to incorporate a lost family member, to memorialize, if you will, than to literally consume him/her (for those who wish to think that BFs have some feelings toward their dead)? Perhaps this does not occur regularly, but perhaps it happens...who knows really?

Honestly, I feel that they probably dispose of their dead in other ways, but I don't think cannibalism is right out.

As for the 'Enoch' burial method, it reminded me of the Piggies in Orson Scott Card's Xenocide....they became trees when they were killed and buried, if I remember correctly...I liked 'Enoch,' so I *hope* that is closer to the truth, but who knows....

I find it fascinating that the thread has managed to stay way from the taboo topic of cannibalism (except in the OP). Would this not kill two birds with one stone, explaining why there seem to be no remains discovered as well as providing nutrition to remaining family members. What better way to incorporate a lost family member, to memorialize, if you will, than to literally consume him/her (for those who wish to think that BFs have some feelings toward their dead)? Perhaps this does not occur regularly, but perhaps it happens...who knows really?

Honestly, I feel that they probably dispose of their dead in other ways, but I don't think cannibalism is right out.

As for the 'Enoch' burial method, it reminded me of the Piggies in Orson Scott Card's Xenocide....they became trees when they were killed and buried, if I remember correctly...I liked 'Enoch,' so I *hope* that is closer to the truth, but who knows....

Doesn't regular cannibalism lead to problems like Mad Cow Disease? Is there an animal that is known to do this regularly?

Guest wudewasa

Doesn't regular cannibalism lead to problems like Mad Cow Disease? Is there an animal that is known to do this regularly?

With humans, this can occur: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002355/

bsruther, are you referring to this?

I believe that "Enoch" was written by Autumn, who was convinced that her informant's testimony was factual. However, "Swamp Bandit" claimed to be her informant and proved otherwise.

Guest para ape

They don't dispose of the body in any manner because they're supernatural entities and as such,they're aren't capable of dying in the first place.What people don't realize is that reason why a dead bigfoot or bone from one has never been found and will never be.The truth is that the paranormal theory is the answer to the phenomenon and it explains alot of the questions and weirdness concerning this creature.

Guest Trublmaker

They don't dispose of the body in any manner because they're supernatural entities and as such,they're aren't capable of dying in the first place.What people don't realize is that reason why a dead bigfoot or bone from one has never been found and will never be.The truth is that the paranormal theory is the answer to the phenomenon and it explains alot of the questions and weirdness concerning this creature.

So if I’m to understand the paranormal theory correctly the supposed BF has no mass, cannot be shot or injured in any form? <_<

If this is the theory, then how can something that has no mass leave foot prints and other tangible sign of its presence? :blink: