Sasquatch In Towns & Cities...?

Guest Bucket

Admin

The creature must have been pretty close to the hotel if the person could see such fine details. She or he was in a room on the 6th floor.

If you go to GE and look at the area you can place exactly where it happened. Yes, it was pretty close to the hotel. According to the witness, the BF was about 120 yards away. According the hotel employee, it was about 100 feet.

I live on the outskirts of a small city where three rivers conjoin about 1 mile south of me. Wildlife is prolific and none of the river's edge is built up, amazingly. We also have a zoo about a mile down the river where the rivers join. I have suspected that there are bigfoot using the river I live on to get to Lake Lure and the NC Mountains coming from the more swampy lowlands closer to the coast. There have been several reports north and south of my location over the last 15 or so years, one within a mile of me on the river banks within the city as of 2009. Two weeks after that 2009 sighting, the gorilla escaped his enclosure at the zoo, it may or may not be related. At any rate, when I hear the howler monkeys late at night it always peaks my interest. On a couple of occasions, I've heard the howler calls coming from the wrong direction north of me on the river late at night.

If you go to GE and look at the area you can place exactly where it happened. Yes, it was pretty close to the hotel. According to the witness, the BF was about 120 yards away. According the hotel employee, it was about 100 feet.

I would have assumed it was much closer to the building if the person could detail the change in color of the hair, as described. 120 yards is like the back of one end zone line of an American football field to the other.

Concerning the Forest Giants, they had visited the Princeton town site for years -- seen by myself and two brothers twice. Also our mother on another occasion. We lived in the area for about 15 years. My book, coming out this year, will detail things of the phenomenon. There was no mistaking the creature for what it was. My research would point to the Giants frequenting the town because of lush gardens, animal kills during hunting season, and also, the local landfill site. Curiosity and the stomach...components for visitations.

Good luck with your research, have a great summer, and everyone stay safe...

Guest COGrizzly

Why does one think these creatures would be coming to towns?

The one report is from Florence, CO. No where near what anyone would consider a "town". It's a sneeze in the road. And on a road that is continuous forests for dozens of miles.

Dan Jackson hired a helicopter somewhere in Florida and found what he called "the mother of all game trails." It lead directly to the back of a shopping mall and dumpsters. One night he sat behind one with a gun for sure, forgot if he had a camera, and he did have a sighting. It was up close and personal. He said he left some type of drink in a can so that when it was removed, the lid would fall and alert him. However, it scared him so bad that he withdrew from the community (his words)and after a few years finally talked about it.

I hope I am repeating the correct facts here, but my point is I've read other incidents that took place near towns and cities.

Dan Jackson hired a helicopter somewhere in Florida and found what he called "the mother of all game trails." It lead directly to the back of a shopping mall and dumpsters. One night he sat behind one with a gun for sure, forgot if he had a camera, and he did have a sighting. It was up close and personal. He said he left some type of drink in a can so that when it was removed, the lid would fall and alert him. However, it scared him so bad that he withdrew from the community (his words)and after a few years finally talked about it.

I hope I am repeating the correct facts here, but my point is I've read other incidents that took place near towns and cities.

There is a clip here mentioning that incident.

Guest tracker

I'm surprised no one has been assaulted by a Bigfoot behind some of the BBQ places around here. It must drive them mad smelling all the meat smoking out back.

Jeez I guess I started something again with one of my little insights smile.gif Yea BBQ's and dumpsters especially if they are throwing out old oil or grease. They don't have to be aggressive most people run away even with weapons.

That Dan Jackson tracker/trapper sure dropped the ball with his dumpster trap. He may be good at tracking? but that attempt was pathetic. A sedative in a jug of orange juice. Carrying a puny side arm for defense. And camping out right beside the trap and taking a nap. Clearly he didn't know anything about his opponent. That Bf has his scent now so he won't get another chance (if it happened?)

JMO

Guest tracker

Why does one think these creatures would be coming to towns? Is it for food? Or simply out of curiosity?

Both and don't forget about shopping. smile.gif

Talked my family member into giving me his account of that unknown figure he saw in the City.

As previously mentioned above based on my memory, here it is in his own words:

It was in late November or early December of 2005 or 2006. I was getting off work at around 7 PM and heading home. Other than the street lamps, it was completely dark.

Facing South and getting ready to turn right to head toward the street, I noticed, in my headlights, a plain black humanoid figure, about 4 feet tall, standing on the South side of the street and in a semi-crouching position. It was completely featureless aside from having the shape of a human.

As I continued on West, I looked in my rear-view mirror and spotted this thing walking upright with looooonnnngg strides northward across the street.

As it reached the concrete median, the cars that were heading West on the street, and had been stopped by the lights, started to proceed as the light had now turned green. One of the cars seemed to swerve slightly in what looked like an attempt to avoid this creature. I could still see it in silhouette form through the other car's headlights.

The thing then suddenly jumped from the medium, up in the air at least 15 feet and landed on the center stripe of the road. It then immediately jumped again, as if on a trampoline, this time so high it went out of view of my mirror and then landed on the North side of the road and disappeared. It crossed the two westbound lanes in two jumps.

Someone said maybe it was a monkey, well, if so, what the hell is a monkey doing loose out there???

Again, this is NOT anywhere near a "squatchy" part of the country. Very rural once you get out of town, but not know for any BF activity.

Maybe it was a monkey...who knows.

Edited by slabdog