Bigfoot

Guest para ape

Guest para ape

As I my nane implies,I approach the bigfoot phenomenon from a paranormal perspective.I'm gonna throw some things at you that you probably haven't heard of and here is one of them.There shooting cases that prove that bigfoot can't be killed which I've sort of touched on already.In these cases,bigfoot was never killed,even when it was shot a close range.Two cases that immediately come to mind are the Fouke monster and the case that took place at Greensburg,Pennslyvania.Young Crabtree shot the Fouke monster several times at close range with no effect on it.In the Greensburg case,Stephen Pulaski shot at two bigfoot creatures,also at close range,with no apparent effect on them.

I think that cases constitutes the best evidence that bigfoot is indeed a non-physical creature because it can't be killed.

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY
Link to other forum removed. Must have a return link to the BFF

..... There shooting cases that prove that bigfoot can't be killed which I've sort of touched on already....

I doesn't "prove" anything. It suggests that it 'may' be true, but is in no way *proof*.

You would need to verify that the stories are in fact, *fact*, and that a bullit hit it's target.

Talking about someone's story doesn't validate it.

Guest Roland

As I my nane implies,I approach the bigfoot phenomenon from a paranormal perspective.I'm gonna throw some things at you that you probably haven't heard of and here is one of them.There shooting cases that prove that bigfoot can't be killed which I've sort of touched on already.In these cases,bigfoot was never killed,even when it was shot a close range.Two cases that immediately come to mind are the Fouke monster and the case that took place at Greensburg,Pennslyvania.Young Crabtree shot the Fouke monster several times at close range with no effect on it.In the Greensburg case,Stephen Pulaski shot at two bigfoot creatures,also at close range,with no apparent effect on them.

I think that cases constitutes the best evidence that bigfoot is indeed a non-physical creature because it can't be killed.If you're interested in reading some of these cases,go to the high desert bigfoot research project website and click on impervious to gunfire and then click on to shooting cases.

You seem to have a very good grasp of the story telling and the recounting of others stories all of which you were not present, correct?

I have had the privilege to be able to hunt the biggest mammals on the North American continent and know for a fact that if it bleeds you can kill it. The fact that man can kill whatever he would like through modern firearms and if he should is the individuals choice, cause ya have to live within your principles. With that said I firmly believe and know the Sasquatch is a real flesh and blood creature and they really like peanut butter, which I am sure ghosts or whatever do not. Now with that said I can only come to the one variable in your conclusion that can be changed, and that sir is that these folks who decided to pull the trigger can not shoot straight, or injured the Bigfoot and it went and either healed or bled out in the under brush.

Admittedly I know very little on the Bigfoot subject, but I do know hunting and have seen my fair share of horrible shooters in my life. The one thing about these people is the fact they believe that they are excellent shots and hit everything they shoot at.

Just kinda my 2 cents on this.

Edited by Roland

Guest Biggie

Young Crabtree shot the Fouke monster several times at close range with no effect on it.In the Greensburg case,Stephen Pulaski shot at two bigfoot creatures,also at close range,with no apparent effect on them.

Do you remember what guns they had? I think it's possible that people shoot them with guns that aren't powerful enough to kill them since they are so large.

I've heard a bf audio clip that a man supposedly recorded where a bf was moaning in agony after he shot it. I can't remember the name of the clip but it was on some site with a fairly large list of bf audio clips. Found it: http://tiny.cc/niyj9

Edited by Biggie

There's a big difference between shooting at something & actually hitting it.

I've hunted & shot alongside of guys that could get it done & I've seen dudes that were legends in their own mind that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Throw in something as potentially exciting as an up close BF encounter & adrenaline may just get the best of some folks.

like a range instructor once told me,the 1st 2 shots might go in the ground when the weapon is drawn under "pressure."

So being shot at doesn't = being hit &/or being bulletproof,imo.

Maybe we will get lucky and an honest police instructor will chime in.

I remember back in the 80's the hit ratio in actual police shootings was 10% or less in some departments!

Some guys would empty a 15 round mag and might have one hit! Somewhere, maybe not even lethal.

Which is why firearms training has increased so, since then. And even now I believe that number is in the thirty range- and those guys are not even looking at a 7-9 foot creature either.

Not enough facts here to go on, when you start talking about shootings and claiming paranormal.

Sorry, I need more.

Guest biggy

If BigFoot is real then it should be able to be killed by a human. there have been too many reports of hunters shooting bigfoot but never find him. i would like to believe at least one of those hunters could hit a 7,8,9 foot beast. if not they shouldn't bother trying to kill a deer turkey rabbit or beer.

Totally reminded me of Incorrigible1's sig! :lol:

Being new, and not having the pleasure of meeting this person online, I will try to remimber to refrain from using that statememt in the future. :)

I don't see that being a problem though, being a believer of BF, just not paranormal - yet.

I have already been accused of being the "Midnight Owl" posting under another name by another member. :angry:

I guess it will take a while to learn about everyone. :)

Shooting at, hitting, and penetrating are 3 entirely different things. 1-shot kills are EXTREMELY rare in a combat situation which going toe to toe with a Sasquatch would be. Hunters in a stand would have a slightly better chance, but even then its rare.

What caliber was used? For something the sized described as for Sasquatch, hand guns outside of the large revolvers or 10MM auto range most likely ain't doing much damage, even at point blank range. Hollywood example: Jaws. Everyone remember Chief Brody out on the Orca plugging away with his revolver into the sharks hide to no effect? Same sort of scenario. Sasquatch as we know it, has to have extremely thick skin, dense muscle and hair to survive the cold. Those factors would not make him "bullet proof" in a Kevlar sense but would impart enough to slow bullets down and lessen the impact.

Hitting: Old rule of the gun fight. No matter how good you are at punching holes in paper, when the adrenaline pumps pucker factor will remove those advantages. So, are these "hits" actually hits? Or misses? Don't even have to be long misses, could be a near thing, heck if their hair stands the way a dog's or even ours does when shocked, it could be a defense mechanism similar to a Cobra's hood.

Also, a creature like Sasquatch, pumped full of adrenaline would most likely be able to survive long enough to retreat from view and then die, even after multiple hits. And if the stories of burial are true, no body would be recovered to prove anything from it.

Guest HairyGreek

Being new, and not having the pleasure of meeting this person online, I will try to remimber to refrain from using that statememt in the future. :)

I don't see that being a problem though, being a believer of BF, just not paranormal - yet.

I have already been accused of being the "Midnight Owl" posting under another name by another member. :angry:

I guess it will take a while to learn about everyone. :)

No problem at all. It was far from exactly what he said. It was just similar and mad me laugh. He would appreciate your statement that stories are simply not enough when you want to convince others of what you believe. Not saying the TS is doing that as he may just be making a statement and opening it up for argument. I do not know Incorrigable1 either, so don't fret. You will sooner or later come across a thread with him involved. He is a very levelheaded guy (and can also make a very enteraining post). :)

As far as Para Ape goes, there is a thread he may enjoy under the media reports section which has a more supernatural kind of feeling to it. Here is the link within the board: http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/7591-news-feed-giants-in-the-americas-ufodigest/

Lots of stuff goes through the news feed section on the big guy that is more paranormal. He should enjoy conversating over there when they post a story like that. I think it is possible, not probable, that they may have a supernatural origin (at least what we would consider supernatural) but I would never argue that they are not flesh and blood. I hope I didn't just lower my shield with that statement.

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest wudewasa

Don't even have to be long misses, could be a near thing, heck if their hair stands the way a dog's or even ours does when shocked, it could be a defense mechanism similar to a Cobra's hood.

Cobras spread out the ribs in their necks to make the hood shape. So do other snake species.

Have you ever had goose bumps? They are caused by small arrector pili muscles in the dermal layer of your skin. In other mammals, the arrector pili are attached to hair follicles, causing them to stand up when the muscles contract. We lack large quantities of hair, so we get goosebumps when this physiology occurs. In times of stress, many mammals and some birds "fluff up" to look larger to intimidate their perceived danger. Chimpanzees put on a good display with this behavior.

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/erector-pili.jpg

Regarding shooting a sasquatch: "If it bleeds, we can kill it." Arnold Schwartzenegger "Predator"

Cobras spread out the ribs in their necks to make the hood shape. So do other snake species.

Have you ever had goose bumps? They are caused by small arrector pili muscles in the dermal layer of your skin. In other mammals, the arrector pili are attached to hair follicles, causing them to stand up when the muscles contract. We lack large quantities of hair, so we get goosebumps when this physiology occurs. In times of stress, many mammals and some birds "fluff up" to look larger to intimidate their perceived danger. Chimpanzees put on a good display with this behavior.

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/erector-pili.jpg

Regarding shooting a sasquatch: "If it bleeds, we can kill it." Arnold Schwartzenegger "Predator"

I meant that comparison in the most general of sense, but yes you hit it with the "fluff up"

A Sasquatch could do that and shots could go through the hair and be "hits" when in fact they did nothing.

But yes as the governator said, we can definitely kill it.

Guest wudewasa

I meant that comparison in the most general of sense, but yes you hit it with the "fluff up"

A Sasquatch could do that and shots could go through the hair and be "hits" when in fact they did nothing.

But yes as the governator said, we can definitely kill it.

Interesting video on chimp behavior: