Bigfoot

Guest para ape

Also,I failed to mention that there are reports of bigfoot vanishing or vanishing into a flash of light when shot at.

There are probably reports of bigfoot hitchhiking while singing "Zippety Doo Dah."

Guest biggy

i even think a .22LR would be enough to at least draw blood. average speed would be somewhere around 1,050 fps and over a hundered pounds of force if at close range as some have said they are they should atleast put a tiny hole in him. more than enough to leave some blood. if people found a blood sample wouldnt the mystery be solved? either everyone missed their targe or some sort of gun malfunction, people lied about shooting at bigfoot, or if bigfoot is real he is a rock.

A lot of people report a lot of things

Clearly, it really happened, or he couldn't be telling us about it on the internet. :blush:

LoL

Guest KentuckyApeman

You seem to have a very good grasp of the story telling and the recounting of others stories all of which you were not present, correct?

I have had the privilege to be able to hunt the biggest mammals on the North American continent and know for a fact that if it bleeds you can kill it. The fact that man can kill whatever he would like through modern firearms and if he should is the individuals choice, cause ya have to live within your principles. With that said I firmly believe and know the Sasquatch is a real flesh and blood creature and they really like peanut butter, which I am sure ghosts or whatever do not. Now with that said I can only come to the one variable in your conclusion that can be changed, and that sir is that these folks who decided to pull the trigger can not shoot straight, or injured the Bigfoot and it went and either healed or bled out in the under brush.

Admittedly I know very little on the Bigfoot subject, but I do know hunting and have seen my fair share of horrible shooters in my life. The one thing about these people is the fact they believe that they are excellent shots and hit everything they shoot at.

Just kinda my 2 cents on this.

I am forced to agree with Herr Roland on this. I'm familiar with firearms, and aiming at a target and hitting it are two different worlds. In the film 'Legend of BC', the guys were blasting away with 12 gauge shotguns(deer slug, #00 buck?). They claimed they hit the creature, yet there was no blood to be found. That means they missed.

Seconds later, the creature attacks Bobby Ford.

Edited by KentuckyApeman

Guest HairyGreek

I wonder if anyone would have anything to say so smart if Para Ape said he was a NA and spun some tale his ancestors told about the Sas being part animal and part spirit and then say he believes it? Oh, wait. That is happening on the board and no one is snickering and beating down those posts. Gotta love how folks turn into lil' Parns when the shoe is on the other foot. I love humanity.

I think the very word "paranormal" needs to be attacked.

We really don't know what's normal, in fact a lot of F and B humans do paranormal things when the need arises. Perhaps BF are in the same boat, or maybe even they take it to a greater length?

Guest HairyGreek

I think the very word "paranormal" needs to be attacked.

We really don't know what's normal, in fact a lot of F and B humans do paranormal things when the need arises. Perhaps BF are in the same boat, or maybe even they take it to a greater length?

That's a good point...maybe they have larger adrenile production that simply allows for more super-human type of actions. Although their size alone more then allows for incredible strength.

EDIT: On the oher hand, someone explain to me scientifically the glowing red eye phenom then. I can't see any explanation for that anywhere in nature. And plenty of credible witnesses who are science guys and not supernatural guys have mentioned this and how they seem to appear even though they weigh (at least by size judgement) around 300-800 pounds depending on age and condition.

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest para ape

There are probably reports of bigfoot hitchhiking while singing "Zippety Doo Dah."

I'm being completely serious.Of course,people like yourself who believe bigfoot is a physical creature are going to deny those types of reports.There are enough of those types of reports from CREDIBLE individuals to show that there is a pattern and there is some truth to them.But the bigfoot community close-mindedly continue to dismiss those types of reports which is why the incorrectly continue to believe that bigfoot is just an ape.I don't doubt those reports because is a supernatural being and would be certainly capable of being able to vanish.

Denying something doesn't make it go away.Those types of reports will continue to come forth! :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone would have anything to say so smart if Para Ape said he was a NA and spun some tale his ancestors told about the Sas being part animal and part spirit and then say he believes it? Oh, wait. That is happening on the board and no one is snickering and beating down those posts.

Funny how that works;) I dunno, though...I'm N.A, and wish everyone didn't have to walk on eggshells when it comes to bringing logic into a conversation where someone makes outlandish claims about something, with no facts whatsoever, just because it is part of their fundamental belief system, and part of their 'alleged' ancestral obligation to their heritage. I've heard it all, when it comes to the nature of Sasquatch, and if it strays from anything beyond the 'Food&Beverage' realm, it is taken with a large grain of salt:)...NA's do not have a blanket belief system about Sasquatch by any means, and should be able to be questioned by anyone, IMO. Although a larger majority of us are a little too defensive, and guarded about the subject, if you tell someone they travel dimensions, dematerialize, and shape-shift, your glass tee-pee shouldn't be impervious to a couple proverbial stones now, and then. Awhile back, a guy that I know in my tribe was saying that they were shape-shifters, and I asked him how he knew that. He said that I should already know from the stories passed down in our tribe. That doesn't really work for me, personally. I asked him if it was possible that natives back in the day saw them changing their locomotion from quadrapedal, to upright, or vice-versa, and took it for some sort of grandiose metamorphasis? He actually got p#ssed about it! It's tough trying to have an intelligent conversation with someone who wants to have an emotional one sometimes. C'est la vie, I guess.

As far as the whole 'paranormal' BF theory is concerned in general...To each their own, but I think a lot of people jump the gun on the evidence at hand. Like a lot of people have already touched on regarding shootings...I'd imagine most shots went astray, if the stories are actually true, and if they did hit their mark, it obviously wasn't in the 'kill-zone', or they'd be lying dead on the ground! They may be 7-9 ft tall, but I'd imagine that kill-zone is relatively small. They'd definitely have the strength to get away if it wasn't a head shot, or directly in the heart, or lungs, IMO, although it's possible a few have scampered off, and bled out.

I had an up close encounter with a huge tom a couple of years back, while bow-hunting, and when that primal fear kicks in, there is not one coherent thought that goes through your mind. It screamed in my right ear while walking down a game trail, and I looked over, and it was crouched down about 10 yards from me. It must've had infrasound too, because I could hardly move, and it was all I could do to pull an arrow out of my quiver to use as a spear if it jumped:) Once it bolted, I thought I was gonna puke, and had to sit down for a few minutes. When I got back to camp, while eating breakfast, I was telling my buddies the story, and told them the completely wrong trail, and that I had an arrow knocked up, and ready to shoot when it took off...Once the adrenaline subsided, and the shock wore off, I started remembering the details a little clearer. All I'm saying is that a lot of the perception in a situation like that, is hardly the reality in some cases. Especially if you turn, and the most mythological beast of all-time is standing there. If you hit one, you'd know, and there would surely be blood.

And just for clarification, what exactly does 'Paranormal Bigfoot' entail? Does paranormal mean that people think they are ghosts, spirits, Gods, wood-ninja entities, etc? I don't really get it? Why would there be footprints if they weren't a physical being? They can just decide when they want to be real, and when they want to float around to other dimensions? Why can people see them? Why do they only live in secluded wilderness areas? Is the wormhole in the tops of volcanoes? If they can mind-speak, or are paranormal, then what's the point of them knocking, whooping, and vocalizing? Why would they ever retreat, or run, if they can just click their heels, and be home?(I'll spare the flying monkey reference,btw:) It just doesn't make sense to me. It's probably easier for some to believe they are capable of all of this, than the simple fact that they are just so cunning that we can't figure them out yet. I guess if they are Gods, so to speak, then the 'He created man in the image of him' reference would make sense, and the 'Footprints' prayer would also stand out:) Heck, maybe they're the Nephilim, or the Watchers, from the book of Enoch:) It's just too bad that the General, and the OP has started the battle between good, and evil...JK, of course.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

Guest HairyGreek

I'm being completely serious.Of course,people like yourself who believe bigfoot is a physical creature are going to deny those types of reports.There are enough of those types of reports from CREDIBLE individuals to show that there is a pattern and there is some truth to them.But the bigfoot community close-mindedly continue to dismiss those types of reports which is why the incorrectly continue to believe that bigfoot is just an ape.I don't doubt those reports because is a supernatural being and would be certainly capable of being able to vanish.

Denying something doesn't make it go away.Those types of reports will continue to come forth! :rolleyes:

Easy Para. Some folks you will address believe there is as much proof for Bigfoot as there is for Santa Claus. If you look at Incorrigible1's sig, you will see stories ain't gonna do it for him. Well, for most of us. It is fun to discuss and I will defend your right to believe what you will and present it on the board without scorn, but you are wasting your time trying to get others here to believe it when some are not even close to fully convinced he is real in any incarnation. Perhaps a sub-section of the forum for Paranaormal discussion regarding the Bigfoot phenomenon is in order. Mods and Admins?

Edited by HairyGreek

The problem is, you are doing the exact same thing.

There are as linked on the 1st page of this thread, hundreds of reports of folks shooting at and either killing or wounding a bigfoot. You've given so far I believe 3 examples.

The Ape Canyon encounter alone has at least 2 wounded possibly 1 wounded 1 killed.

Guest para ape

This is one of many weird things that have been reported in connection with bigfoot.I already know that you flesh and blood proponents are going to say that this is just absolutely ridiculous!You're probably going to say that such claims are either the result of someone being higher than a kite or a person that's suffering from mental illness.But these types of reports do exist.For people that question these kind of encounters,there are even researchers that have experienced an invisible bigfoot such as former BFRO researcher Henry Franzoni and Mary Green.I don't doubt these kinds of reports at all because bigfoot is a supernatural entity anyway and it certainly would be capable of being invisible.

Here is an example of an invisible bigfoot taken from Jerome Clark's book,The Unexplained,which is a very interesting book by the way.I read it when I was in high school and I recommend it to anyone that hasn't read it.

"Jerome Clark relates a strange incident that occured on the evening of November 3,1977,a rare encounter with what some claim to be a possible invisible bigfoot was reported on a reservation in North Dakota.A bigfoot creature was spotted throughout the afternoon and the evening.Locals,along with the police,staked out the area to search for the mysterious creature.A rancher named Lyle Maxon reported a strange encounter,claiming he was walking in the dark when he plainly heard something nearby breathing heavily,as if running.He shined his flashlight on the source of the sound only to see nothing there.Startled by the incident,he pondered the idea that Sasquatch might be able to become invisible when frightened or pursued".

Also,I believe that bigfoot is invisible in encounters where it throws rocks which is very similiar to poltergeist activity.An example of this was the Snelgrove Lake episode on Monsterquest.Bigfoot was invisible when it was throwing those rocks.Although,it's possible the creature could've been concealed behind brush but I doubt it.The connection between bigfoot and poltergeist activity is that the same beings that are behind bigfoot are also responsible for poltergeist manifestations.

Guest para ape

BDK,can you give me the source ot those reports?

The key word you used was POSSIBLE.I believe that what you refer to wasn't proven.I've read many shooting cases and in all of them,bigfoot was never killed.

Good lord, brutha! Yup, you said it...High as a kite, or mental illness. Either would suffice for saying they saw a BF disappear!

Guest HairyGreek

It must've had infrasound too, because I could hardly move, and it was all I could do to pull an arrow out of my quiver to use as a spear if it jumped:)

I actually do go for the ol' Enoch/Watchers theory as a point of origin. I don't think that makes Sas supernatural anymore that some of the animal-human hybrids being discussed in current events. But that is another thread. I also like that as an NA you don't feel everyone should walk on eggshells around you as I totally agree with this. I think everyone and their opinions should be treated with respect unless their opinions are to hurt other human beings emotionally, physically, and spiritually. That doesn't mean those ideas and beliefs can't be scrutinized. What I DON'T get is you making the argument for a non-paranormal Bigfoot and then bringing up infrasound, which is at best a scientific theory at this point and more often atributed to a paranormal explanation. Just curious.

ALSO, so I don't make multiple posts, Para Ape, I have a question for you. If you think they are the big "D" (evil if you all can't figure that part out), why did you state in another thread that they do not attack humans ever based on accounts? This is simply not true if you are basing all your presuppositions clearly off of reported encounters.

Edited by HairyGreek