Sylvanic Episode Of "finding Bigfoot"

BFF Patron
Discovery Channel Animal Show

What is this?

Standing is a Wilderness Guide?

No. 1 on Letterman's top ten list or the RCMP top ten right? LOL! :lol:

Can someone show me where Todd Standing has ever been referred to as a "Wilderness and Ecology" guide prior to this?

I thought he was a film maker of some sort... :blink:

If this is some new title that he has suddenly bestowed upon himself...then in my estimation this is just more of the same hype driven chameleon-esque antics that further proves he's simply a "hippie version" of the Georgia boys.

However, if he does have a longstanding and established history as a "wildlife and ecology" guide...I will stand corrected....at least on that portion of my rant.. ^_^

"snapping a photo"....

Thought Toddster's newest best pic was - like the others- from video. Correct me if I am wrong.

So the count of questionable/unclear info in that report is up to three, by my counting...

--ecology/wilderness guide vs. BF researcher vs. filmmaker

--Animal planet animal show -- what is that?

--snapping pics not video frames?

Can someone show me where Todd Standing has ever been referred to as a "Wilderness and Ecology" guide prior to this?

This is similar to a hunter bestowing the moniker 'Wildlife Tracker' to his resume, or a BF enthusiast that walks around the woods becoming a 'Researcher'. If you don't get paid for your hobby, it's just a hobby, as far as I know, and has nothing to do with the clever title by your name to garner attention, and credibility to the BF community. It's pretty pathetic, actually!

Guest billgreen2010

hey everyone admins i hope we get to watch new trailer of this all new finding bigfoot now that be interestin... to be continued :)

Guest vilnoori

I have a fairly good idea where sylvanic is located. Using the radium hotsprings rcmp as a clue, there was also a sign on a tree in one of his videos that is now removed from his site and utube page. No doubt someone here has it tho. It is the one with him running and screaming.

The sign said Mitchell river service road which is east of Radium hs. Very interesting area when you look at the mountain ranges, here is a map. the MRSR is on the map in the river valley east of Mt Docking.

http://alpenglow.ca/...ude=-115.774594

Bingo. Well wadayaknow. I think we're on to something. I don't think it is a false clue at all. It is hard to establish a new research area when you have invested a lot in what you know is a good one. Sooner or later the hooligans and hunters leave because the quarry are so dang quiet and stealthy, and very few people have the patience, particularly through the nights, to hang around for the length of time it takes to get the wildlife comfortable with your presence enough to act normally. The terrain matches, the vegetation and moisture level matches, and the over-all description matches. This is an area where there are these kinds of canyons, as he describes. I think you are right.

^^^ the location may correct, but that doesnt say much for the supposed events that happened there.

Other than the film crew with willing participants, one of which stood in some pine tree's growling and shaking branches, the other more impressively climbing the side of a hill with a monkey suit on...

:P

Guest jimmy simpson

I'm still looking for Standing's real dna evidence and findings and hopefully the Finding Bigfoot episode can wait till that date with October. Then I'll start thinking that maybe Standing has made a contribution to the field besides his petition of the Canadian Parliament (Parlement du Canada) on BF's behalf. Whatever became of that petition ...... where is the link to the end result?! The last mention I can google up looks like mid-summer 2007, then I see some mention that the petition passed but can find no link to that effect.

I actually had him send me the petition paperwork to get it signed.... just to see... he sent me the skamania county ordinance page...it wasnt even for canada... I knew right away something was amiss. And I never heard that the petition passed. I know he was working on it.....

I live in Red Deer Alberta... smack between Calgary and Edmonton...

Edited by jimmy simpson

• 2 years later...
BFF Patron

Many of you seem to be forgetting that Erickson for some reason believes Standing. I truly suspect that Erickson hasn't really had the benefit of knowing about the preposterous nature of Standing's early claims and may not want to do so because of the inconvenient findings it may present. Besides, is easier to believe a fellow Canadian. It is equally doubtful that MM would go very far against AE's position on how Standing is viewed. I sense kid gloves will be worn in that ep so as to not rock the boat being MM endorsed the AE project. Politics are politics.

You know PT, you really have got to really think  deja vu with all of this (just insert new names of major players).   It is just this kind of stuff that the BFF is legendary for in regard to having a fine institutional memory for the institutionalized twerps that try to gain Standing in this field with nothing but slight of hand, fraud and shenanigans.  Each cumulative revelation of these clowns helps our cause or at least gives us a breather.  

• Upvote 1