Info Request - Shoot-Out @ Honobia

Branco

Guest para ape

I once raised the issue at the BFRO that reports once posted about violent interactions with bigfoot seemed to have been scrubbed from the site. That caused a stink. It's one thing to objectively collect and post reports. It's another to collect reports and then publish only those that support your agenda.

Edited to add, but it looks like they still have the Honobia bit up.

Is this it?

JDL,you hit the nail right on the head.That's exactly what the BFRO has been guilty of doing for a long time.

I would like to see what was the outcome of that incident.I already know that the creature wasn't killed.

Hairy, the Honobia saga occurred something like a decade ago. There was tons of discussion on it and probably more subsequent investigation and publicity then just about any bigfoot event. I am sure you can find interviews on Art Bell and many other locations with some searching. Maybe someone can correct me, but wouldn't it be fair to say that the Honobia Bigfoot Festival is a direct result as well? So don't take it as a sign of non-event because there isn't as much information easily located today. That wasn't always the case. I'm sure Thom Powell has a library of info on the Honobia events.

Think about the picture taking too. With most activities happening after dark, and given the situation of survival they felt they were in, would anyone go outside with a camera to take a photo of a predator after you when dark, it would mean that you'd have to be within 15 feet for a flash to even be effective. That said, I do seem to recall that he did take a few photos. I never saw them however as he only showed people them while face to face.

Para, I think you might consider this which I posted before to your attention somewhere. I too am very open minded to bf having certain abilities because I have experienced unexplainable things myself with them. But assuming bigfoot has mated with humans over the eons, isn't it possible that certain individual offspring have not retained all their paranormality that their predecessors once had?

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest para ape

Actually, they reported that one of them was killed and carried off by other BFs. Did you read the report?

I don't believe it.

Guest HairyGreek

Hairy, the Honobia saga occurred something like a decade ago....

I am aware of the chain of events and timeline. I thought I heard things about how this continued even after the family moved. Am I mistaken?

Think about the picture taking too...

No excuses neccesary. As you will see from my last post, they are braver then I would have been about putting a gun down and picking up a camera. I do grow weary of hearing select people saw evidence though. Sorry, but in this day and age, it is just very hard for me to swallow. Again, it doesn't mean it is not true. It just does nothing to convince me that it is either. I am not saying it is true one way or another. It suprises me that others are without any evidence. It should be nothing more than an interesting story that bares further research. If someone has done more research on it, you would think it would be important enough for it not to have faded away over time as this report goes against the general grain of reports you hear. I am sure if I talked to the guy/family, I would run a pretty good chance of being convinced too, but I haven't. So why are so many expecting me or others to do just that?

I don't believe it.

I never would have guessed in a million years that would have been your response.

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest Luckyfoot

Anyone interested in reading more can sign up as a member of Timberghost's board (he was in the middle of the situation) here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Kiamichi_Giants/index.php?

Registration is free.

Hi Mulder and thx for the link !

I registered and perused the site , but couldn't find anything on the Honobia incident posted. Do you know if there is a thread or section for it ? Or shoud I be posting a question to "Timberghost " regarding the incident ?

Don't have any specific questions , just an amazing read and would surely like to read an account of someone who wuz there.

Guest Biggie

I don't believe it.

If it was true though then how would you explain it? Miraculous reviving either by itself or the two that carried it off?

Here's one:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/61862/thread/1001354386/last-1027853702/THE+LEGEND+OF+SACRED+BABY+MOUNTAIN+By+Dr.+Tuklo+Nashoba

Details differ a little from the version I remember reading, but it's the same incident.

Thanks for the link. Interesting legend.

The page won't load for me and I don't know if it's the one being referenced but it states that it's a TBRC report out of Lamar (county ?) Texas, juvenile b/f caught in hog trap. It's on the site www.lawnflowersjerkyandbigfoots.com

I couldn't get it to load either. I found nothing else online about it.

This thread has become like the others, a waste of time. Do your own research in person, if you havent been there to the location or talked to the witnesses in person. I didnt investigate it directly,the event was before my time (BF research) so to speak. I don't have anything but my worthless beliefs and no proof (as most bigfoot research consists of). To not know much about the details is slightly odd to me, as I learned of this event in details with the real names when I first started BF research in 2004-2005 it seemed everywhere online before reading Thom Powells "The Locals" years later that had a (BFRO) version of the story. Can't prove bigfoot to anyone without them experiencing it themselves generally and really no way to prove what happened to someone else! It's all talk, worthless! Pics aren't proof, especially in the digital world. Audio without videotaping what did it while it was doing it isn't proof. Digital video can have digital audio edited in too, no proof! Have a great day all

Guest HairyGreek

Yes GEARMAN, unfortunately, if we rely on proof as our standard as far as this subject goes, there really isn't much to talk about. People have heard of this story. I think someone is hoping something new will come of it or someone who hasn't spoken out before will come forward with something of substance. It is a very interesting encounter, but like most things Bigfoot, nothing to show to a skeptical world. I am not sure why people on this thread were taking this so seriously. Skeptics show up on almost every thread made. They trample on the idea, and then they leave. That is kind of their purpose here on the board. To keep everyone honest. It helps the believers who haven't seen not get lost in something they don't know enough about and it helps the researchers with "boots on the ground" try that much harder to show definitive proof of this animal's existence. Some of us are just fence-sitters (as Furious George calls 'em) who are not sure what to believe, but they would like it to be true. Regardless, no reason to get too worked up just because someone decides they don't want to invest in a story from someone they have never met in person in a field of study rife with hoaxes and scandals.

• Upvote 1

Easily one of my favorite bigfoot researchers, Timberghost, and one of my favorite bigfoot incidents, Honobia Seige! The way I gather, it wasn't so much that the Forest Giants were actively trying to get inside of Timber's house as they were trying to illicit a response from the sleeping owners. I have heard of similar events myself, the creatures will jiggle a door knob right hard or scratch on walls/windows to try to get some attention. The way Timber told the story on his board was that the FGs didn't start coming up to the house and trying to get attention UNTIL he ran out of meat in a large freezer he had left out in his yard a ways from his home. That is what triggered the hair raising events and the shootings. The Forest Giants showed the typical shyness even then, as they would run away with mind blowing speed whenever someone would approach/open the door. So fast in fact that they were already to the tree line when you would see them(A good distance away). Eventually, the way I remember it, Timber got up rifle in hand and when he stepped onto the porch one(Maybe 9 feet tall, particularly ugly I imagined it to be) was very close to him, and this was the first time he really got to see the face. I guess it was caught off guard and didn't have quite as much time to hit the woods and he managed to get a shot on it, never found a body and I am not totally sure that HE is sure he hit it, would have to rebuff on the story. This was the point that he called the BFRO. All of this is my recollection, he explains in great detail the story in his two message boards(There is a older less advanced one and the newer board which is much like this one)

From what I gather the creatures were more nerve racking than anything, not really aggressive in a way that puts you in actual physical danger(Like a going-to-eat you bear or rabid animal) but brandishing the typical passive-aggressive behavior of the FGs. Not a fun creature to be around for sure. Not something I would recommend allowing to get to friendly with the kids. If it had wanted in it would have gotten in very easily, and IMHO in most cases if they had wanted to kill Timber or others the area they would have done it already. It is my official stance that they are not particularly dangerous to human life directly(IE you could have a heart attack or panic upon encountering one), being far less dangerous in attitude than a black bear or similar animal, but given the physical AND mental capabilities of the Forest Giant I find it ridiculous to rule out the possibility of a "Rogue" or just plain out nasty individual that has had enough with us little dudes. Exercising caution and extreme amounts of RESPECT is a must.

Guest para ape

Yet you believe unquestioningly every "paranormal" event report. That's rather selective, eh?

I don't believe that they can be killed.

I believe Timber. He reported things that no other researcher has, as far as I know. One instance, was he said after the siege, that he and his bro would go and check the woods around Honobia. Once they saw a hairy guy on all fours and said they can move like lightning (more or less) not his words but you get the drift. He also mentioned a cave in Honobia area that has been concreted in at least 3x. The first two times it was busted through from the inside of the cave. the last I heard was there was a sign and steel over the entrance. I think PT remembers that chat conversation???? Chime in PT if you do. That was the chat we had at Stan's with many of us from the old bunch there and one member referred to that particular as "Bigfoot 101" class LOL.

One story was that an adolescent hairy guy was bothering his daughter. He found handprints on her car.

And as far as the Honobia festival goes, yes I believe it was as PT says, a direct result of the activity. However, Timber told me that he would have nothing to do with those who were putting it on. They called him and his family liars and he wanted NOTHING to do with them.

I went to the second festival and didn't notice anyone that looked like a researcher. Mostly arts and crafts, music and kids games. It seemed more serious in the succeeding years if you were interested in research.

So believe whatever you want to believe. I think Timber was being very honest. On GCBRO (they are pro kill) he occasionally will post something. I am not pro kill so it's a case of "to each his own" and respect his opinion.