Info Request - Shoot-Out @ Honobia

Branco

Those involved and area residents took it seriously. If you ever want to actually get into the field and see one yourself, anywhere within a 50 mile radius of that location would be your best bet in Mid-America. But it would not be a good area to go and tell folks their tales of encounters are "folklore". They are a little touchy about being called liars, and that's exactly what you did.

A rather overblown reaction to Saskeptic's posting. He was curious about the lack of physical evidence from evident repeated interactions. You supplied the "liar" comment.

Guest Forbig

If i remember rightly, they were growing Crops so the Deer would come, the Deer would come, they would shoot at the Deer, the Deer would run off & the BF's started to associate the Gun Shots with the Dinner Bell as the Deer would run right into them..

Something close to that anyway..

Russian scientist Ivan Pavlov in the 1800’s discovered behaviors could be triggered by signals with animals. He attached test tubes on a dog’s mouth just below the salivary glands to measure behavioral response. He would ring a bell, present a plate of food to a hungry dog, and the dog would salivate in anticipation. Then he found they would learn this and ringing the bell alone would cause them to salivate. If we can train a BF to recognize something to come for food maybe we can set up a trap for one.

Edited by Forbig

I hope to acquire a small property in the general area near Honobia soon for a weekend cabin build site. I hope to spend the next 20 years hanging out up there often.. I would also agree on carrying at least bear spray and not let the kids go off alone.

A rather overblown reaction to Saskeptic's posting. He was curious about the lack of physical evidence from evident repeated interactions. You supplied the "liar" comment.

His quote:"The siege at Honobia represents the very best of modern bigfoot folklore. I just don't see why anyone would take the story seriously."

It's simply a 'know nothings' way to say a witness (in this case witnesses)are lying. Ordinary folks know what he means.

I, too, question the lack of anything substantial to indicate a habituation site.

I do that without considering anyone a liar. Is it too much to ask for even a decent photograph?

As any rational person person would have done to protect their family and their property, the last thing on their "to do" list would be to try to take a photograph for folks like you and the professional skeptic. If you and he want to know if there are BF in that area, put your boots one ground at night and holler loudly at each other as you walk around. Unless you do that, your opinions of what'a out there don't mean much to those that do. But carry on.

Edited by Jodie
edited out allusion to profanity

I'll take that as an "it is too much to ask for a photo of a continuing habituation site."

Thank you for your condescending answer. Now you carry on, too.

I wouldn't refer to the incident as a "habituation site" unless your only referring to the BF's habit formed to get easy deer dinner, The family weren't researchers nor trying to communicate or interact with the BF. The planting of the peas to draw in deer for easy shooting caused the incident obviously and the BF got too bold coming up to the house and scaring the crap out the residents. Nothing too hard to believe, they weren't out to prove BF to anyone, they contacted a group that they thought would help them and it turned into unwanted media and publicity for the family that caused them much grief, kids were teased badly in school, etc. They shot at them Yes, aledgedly it rained the next day after the shooting from the night before. The one brother lives nearby and has had sightings when hunting since then but has no love for the creatures or people profiting off their misfortune. The other brother has moved away some years ago.

Guest Biggie

Another account out of OK was of a small group of them who went maneater and had to be put down. It was a fairly famous incident in it's time...the man who lead the group that killed them actually killed at least one with a sword.

That's interesting. If you have a link on hand with more info about that then please post it.

If we can train a BF to recognize something to come for food maybe we can set up a trap for one.

I saw a report online of a juvenile bf getting caught in a baited hog trap back in the 70's near the sulfur river somewhere in TX if I remember right. The trapper felt bad for it since it was very distressed and he released it. I have no idea where that report is since I read it years ago.

Guest Forbig

I never seen that one, I just did a search for it but failed. Maybe if you come across it again you can post the link.

The page won't load for me and I don't know if it's the one being referenced but it states that it's a TBRC report out of Lamar (county ?) Texas, juvenile b/f caught in hog trap. It's on the site www.lawnflowersjerkyandbigfoots.com

Guest HairyGreek

I wouldn't refer to the incident as a "habituation site" unless your only referring to the BF's habit formed to get easy deer dinner, The family weren't researchers nor trying to communicate or interact with the BF. The planting of the peas to draw in deer for easy shooting caused the incident obviously and the BF got too bold coming up to the house and scaring the crap out the residents. Nothing too hard to believe, they weren't out to prove BF to anyone, they contacted a group that they thought would help them and it turned into unwanted media and publicity for the family that caused them much grief, kids were teased badly in school, etc. They shot at them Yes, aledgedly it rained the next day after the shooting from the night before. The one brother lives nearby and has had sightings when hunting since then but has no love for the creatures or people profiting off their misfortune. The other brother has moved away some years ago.

Ummm...if you believe that Sasquatches are reclusive animals that shy away from interaction from us humans in any way that we can perceive them with anymore than one of our senses at a time, then this was definitely a habituation site. I don't think some form of proof outside of hearsay regarding this story is out of line. Were there not researchers called to the house who "witnessed" some of these events? None of them thought to gather some evidence while there even though that was the reason for them being called in? Also, I have asked before and no one has answered. What media was made aware of what happened? Local TV? Newspaper? There should be some other record of this incident that would cause all the outside problems this family encountered. I am not saying I doubt the story. I am saying I have no reason to believe it with nothing more than a story to go on. There is a difference. I can tell an amazing tale right now that every word is true, but if I have no evidence or eyewitness for corroboration, I have no testimony. That's all some of us are asking for. I would love for this story to be true, and I am not saying it isn't, I just certainly wouldn't tell someone else that it is either. Make sense?

Edited by HairyGreek

I think he was spot on in his assessment of Sas' post myself. Saying certain things without actually using certain words is a well-known and established tactic with a number of Skeptic posters.

I'll take that as an "it is too much to ask for a photo of a continuing habituation site."

Thank you for your condescending answer. Now you carry on, too.

If this were about bears raiding freezers, etc, neither you, nor Sas, nor any of the usual suspects would find anything unusual about this incident...but because it's BF, the demand for substantially higher proof gets run up the flagpole.

That's interesting. If you have a link on hand with more info about that then please post it.

Here's one:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/61862/thread/1001354386/last-1027853702/THE+LEGEND+OF+SACRED+BABY+MOUNTAIN+By+Dr.+Tuklo+Nashoba

Details differ a little from the version I remember reading, but it's the same incident.

Edited by Mulder

I've chatted with Timberghost quite extensively in the past. He never budged from his position. It was clear he had been through some stress over events that transpired and was mostly concerned over his family's safety. He was essentially at war with a group of bigfoot. I suggested that he try to make peace with them by using honey instead of bullets, but it was too difficult for him to be in that place given what's happened. Ironically he also understood the plight of the bigfoot in his region as being caused by their habitat being taken away by timber companies, and so they were forced to interact more with us to find food. Hairy, he has been a member here and other forums openly sharing whatever people wanted to know. There are plenty of records of events on the events. Just ask Thom Powell.

Guest HairyGreek

I just want some links to media sites that covered the story. That's all. Just a small start. Is that what Thom Powell has? I am not defending or attacking anyone's views here. I just want something more than a report. I am not asking for picture evidence. I can see how after multiple problems (which still continue?), it is hard to believe he hasn't put down the gun for one second and flashed some pics to get some of the vultures off his back. But who the heck knows how a mind works in such a bizarre situation? I don't know if I would have the guts to put my gun down myself, so I won't judge him on that. Sounds like Erickson should have bought this property as it would have been a lot more...ummm...lively.