Researcher's Views On Bigfoot

Guest para ape

Doesn't matter whether I can explain how water turns into ice or not. I can still make it & put it in my tea. It works as good for me as it does for some scientist who knows all about it.

Guest HairyGreek

I couldn't even get him to attempt to explain it. Even though he was supposedly well-educated, he seemed to have little to no understanding of science, and certainly no use for it when it came to his paranormal speculations. He was pro-paranormal to the core.

He was well-educated. From Wiki:

"Beckjord attended the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado for two years. He then moved on to Tulane University, where he graduated with honors in sociology in 1961. He studied law for one year at Boalt Hall at University of California, Berkeley, and later received an MBA from U.C. Berkeley in 1966. He has appeared on several nationwide radio and television shows, such as Coast to Coast AM and Good Morning America, as well as Late Night with David Letterman. He claims that he captured the Loch Ness Monster on film in 1983; this film aired on the BBC and on NBC in 1987.[2] Beckjord briefly owned three UFO/Bigfoot/Nessie museums in Los Angeles, Malibu, and San Francisco."

I can see nowhere he claimed to be a scientist in the things I have read about him. Whether you or anyone else believes it or not, he believed he saw animals coming and going through inter-dimensional portals. If you don't have an advanced (natural) science degree, the best you could do is look at some of the current space/time theories and try to rap your head around them as an explanation, but to the common man, it WOULD seem like magic. What's the problem here?

While we are assassinating the character of a dead guy, let's remember something else about him too. Again, from Wiki:

"Beckjord died at the age of 69 from prostate cancer on June 22, 2008, near his home in Lafayette, California. He had been maintaining the Crosses of Lafayette monument to casualties of the Iraq War before his death."

I wonder what any of us have been doing with our life? Food for thought...

Edited by HairyGreek

I'm confused- that seems to happen a little more frequently as I get older- but I dont think that's the case this time..

With no offense meant to Para ape- this thread is another attempt on his part to substantiate his constant claim of "FACT" by giving a list of better and lesser known researchers who have at least some record of speaking or writing about their alleged paranormal Bigfoot experiences.

You guy's can spend 20 pages of this thread- debating credentials, debating what or what not they believe- but it simply doesnt change a thing for me.

At a certain point in history, you could have read off a list of well known scientists who still believed the Earth was flat, and that ships that sailed too close to the edge fell off into space.

It only took a few people with common sense and an urge to prove what they knew (that the Earth was indeed round) to bring all of us into a better and more intelligent understanding of the orb that we live on.

I enjoy a healthy "slice" of logic, and a big scoop of whipped common sense topping on it.... And from both personal experience, and numerous other accounts, I do find myself in the flesh & blood camp.

I'm not closed minded enough to completely rule out that some extra sensory perception may exist with these creatures, but I do not consider that paranormal.

That being said- in the simplest way I can... someone's belief (even extremely passionate as it may be), does not meet the criteria that I (and many other's) demand to consider something as "FACT".

So when I hear a popping noise, and a paranormal BF shows up here in my living room, with "glowing red eyes" Ill be more than prepared to eat my share of humble pie, and do some major butt smooching.

Until then I remain unimpressed.....

Art

Guest HairyGreek

ART - You are confusing everyone who believes in paranormal or supernatural aspects of this creature with people who ONLY believe they are not flesh and blood.

I believe they are completely flesh and blood. I think if you shoot them, they die. I disagree with para that they are in essence, ghosts, demons, etc. But I can't even prove the animal exists, much less that it is or isn't para-normal. It is amusing for me to see skeptics in general chiding the beliefs of para along side eyewitnesses of these creatures who skeptics on any other thread would be bashing for having no proof of their physical encounter. I find this to be a bit disconcerting.

Why can't they walk between dimensions, have glowing red eyes, or have telepathic abilities? Are these beliefs anymore fantastic then that a North American Great Ape numbering in the 500s to 1000s having been hiding from numerous researchers over decades, has never been hit by a car, or found dead in some other aspect? To believe that is possible for this long a span of time, you may as well be a conspiracy theorist for your reasons why this is possible. This would still put you on the fringe.

Regardless, para does nothing to help his own cause and all his threads could probably be combined into the one currently going. It doesn't change the fact that his statement is no more then just blind speculation as everyone else’s until a physical body is recovered. Even Parn has shown how DNA isn't going to do it and people are starting to turn on the Erickson footage without even seeing it (and they aren't even skeptics!).

So when I hear a popping noise, and a paranormal BF shows up here in my living room, with "glowing red eyes" Ill be more than prepared to eat my share of humble pie, and do some major butt smooching.

If it happens, there's no need to smooch my butt, but I'll enjoy watching you eat that pie. ;)

You may move Redfern to Hominid side. He leans that way in reality. Remember he is an author and journalist first then researcher. His writings are between fiction and nonfiction. I can ask him this weekend.

Guest HairyGreek

GEARMAN, you may want to clarify with him if he believes that they are hominids with (what we would currently consider) supernatural atributes when you talk to him.

I gotcha. That's to be clear that my definition of paranormal is a non physical and or dimensional shape shifter versus a hominid with possible high sensory telapathic possibilities that have been implied by habituators and just something to be open minded too.

Guest Biggie

I want that on a tee-shirt. I call copyright on that!

"I am a Closet Bigfoot Paranormalist"

Someone needs to make para ape a T shirt that says:

Bigfoot is paranormal!

You'll never catch it!

THIS IS KNOWN FACT!

If it happens, there's no need to smooch my butt, but I'll enjoy watching you eat that pie. ;)

He's just shy Art. He knows about your willingness to kiss his butt in front of Macy's if you're wrong and he doesn't want everyone there seeing his rear is all.

Guest HairyGreek

Man...until I saw Biggie repost that, I didn't see how wrong that could be misinterpreted. :blush:

Two things come to mind when I read your post above Biggie.

Thing 1: I bet Para Ape already has a similar T shirt and bumper sticker

Thing 2: Sasfooty is a Lady, not a he.

Sorry couldn't resist a little ribbin' :)

While we are assassinating the character of a dead guy, let's remember something else about him too. Again, from Wiki:

"Beckjord died at the age of 69 from prostate cancer on June 22, 2008, near his home in Lafayette, California. He had been maintaining the Crosses of Lafayette monument to casualties of the Iraq War before his death."

I wonder what any of us have been doing with our life? Food for thought...

Many of us knew EB very very well. He was disruptive at conferences and rude and disrespectful in person, over the phone, and in emails. He often called people late at night to harass and yell at them. If you weren't home, the spouse got the abuse. He also very much enjoyed writing nasty and untrue things about researchers on his webpage. I could tell you stories but I won't. I last saw him about a year before he died. He crashed a party being held for Dr. Jeff Meldrum and proceeded to eat all the food, drink everyone's beer, and wave around a clearly hoaxed (and badly done) photo. He had Meldrum cornered but thankfully my husband came to the rescue - but then got the brunt of EB's ire. We still talk about it....and I'm still disgruntled that EB drank all my beer!!

Guest para ape

PARA- you crack me up :) How is Loren Coleman a paranormalist in hiding?

Jodie,in private,Loren Coleman believes that bigfoot is a supernatural being.But in public he doesn't express this view because most of his fans are of the hominid camp and he's afraid that it will affect his book sales.

Guest HairyGreek

Hairy - sounds like some folks on my mother's side of the family. I still let them in the door. Sounds like you all did too. What's your point?