What Keeps You Interested In Sasquatch

Guest COGrizzly

Awesome Question! For me it's easy. I saw one and know them to be real. I've tried to quit this research a few times but I just can't. It's like a bag of Doritos. Once you have one, you just can't put it down.

BFF Patron

Hey BP Cat's ! you used cat's against me, you know how much i dislike those furry fur balls or furriness and there hairball ways

TRY these laser beams on for size

Tim ~ :P

That's it I stick around for the pretty green lasers (forgot you hated cats RRS~~really) ;) I just find cool pics of them on the net don't own any ... too rough on the flying squirrels, chipmunks and amphibians around these parts.

Having a personal sighting and a sound recording protocol that has been successful has helped me deal with the nauseating doldrums on the one count and the hopped up revelations of things to come on the other. It's also helped me get over the techno-challenged roller coaster the forum had been on until lately. We're getting there I think.

I had an encounter with what I am fairly convinced was a sasquatch. The significance of finding proof of their existence is something that would rock the science community. They are fascinating to ponder with all the possibilities. Any excuse to go into the deep wilderness is all I need. It was partly the thrill of the hunt for the Holy Grail or something you had virtually no hope of finding. It seems like that should be some kind of mental disorder but it is fun to me. It gave me the excuse to regularly go on very long hikes to get in shape because if your car breaks down at Bluff Creek it is probably going to be a very long hike to find a phone. Training for bigfooting was a daily 10 mile hike in steep terrain and a weekly or so 15 mile hike sometimes in the summer heat. It felt good to be able to do it.

I grew up in the woods and I know how really bad most people are at getting close to wildlife. I love sitting still in the woods and walking silently on trails and figured my chances were far better than most people who like to talk and make noise. There was a thrill of the hunt even if you weren't hunting anything specific. Pretty much everything was a target if it would make a good picture. I still have the fascination of a little kid when I see wildlife or practically anything in nature. It was time well spent.

I've been interested in the subject, on and off, since 1953 (starting with the Yeti of the Himalayas). With so much about it, now readily available on the Internet, I reckon I'll stick with it for life, whatever happens (or doesn't). It remains interesting for me; although the enormous amount of material "out there" can be something of a two-edged thing -- in the shape of "the more that's raised, the more confusion, as opposed to enlightenment"; and the seemingly ever-ongoing lack of anything substantial being brought to light, is frustrating.

I think the subject is just intriguing. We humans have seen them all over the world for centuries but we cannot put a finger on them.

I live in a small community in the sticks and I repeatedly have people give me reports of sightings and etc. and I keep finding stick structures yet so few people believe in their existence.

So close yet so far!!

Guest squatchrider

Kind of curious. What exactly keeps someone coming back here to the BFF and being interested in SQ? (I tried looking, thought I saw a thread on this one time B4) I have recently thought what a huge waste of time, yet the thing that keeps me coming back to the BFF is...

1. the people. lots of good people on here still.

2. fun, curious topics...after weeding through the crap.

What about SQ in general? What keeps ya curious?

1. the reports and word of mouth reports no one on the web hears about.

2. just the wonder of mystery in general.

As my "belief" keeps fading, it is still the fact that seemingly sane people keep seeing these things.

Feel free to add any personal sightings...even if you've mentioned them a bazzilion times. Like my track sighting.

As far as why I keep checking in at the BFF I would choose #2, the topics after weeding thru the crap. Speculation based on assumptions or nothing at all drive me crazy but once I weed thru that there are some interesting posts on here.

What keeps me interested in Sasquatch in general is the belief that it could be real. I have to be honest at times I doubt it but there are reports of sightings that are just so real. I just keep thinking that OK even if 40% are attention seekers, and 40% are misidentification, and 10% are people just off their rocker, what are the other 10%? I'm not saying that those percentages are what I think the reports are just trying to show that I believe that some percentage of reports are genuine and if that's true then Bigfoot must exist. Right?

Three years ago I did not know what the BFF was, much less have a serious interest in Sasquatch, although my father had a sighting. My interest didn't get serious until I moved to my present location. Weird stuff started happening the first night I moved into this place.

I had just put the cat out and had gone upstairs to go to bed when all Hades broke loose. I thought some critter had cornered my cat on the deck so I grab my son's Samuri Sword and run outside swinging it like I thought I was some kind of Ninja planning on decapitating a coyote. The sight I saw put an end to the coyote theory. My porch furniture was turned over, firewood was tossed everywhere, and my cat had lost control of her bowels several times and was no where to be seen.

My deck is separated from my neighbors by about 3 feet. I could see that whatever it was had jumped from my deck to hers and plowed over her flower pots on it's way down her stairs. So now I'm thinking it's a homeless person, so I immediately stop swinging the sword, and go back inside to call 911.

The police get there, and there are muddy prints everywhere on my deck, my neighbor's, and going down her stairs. They weren't animal prints, I assumed human at the time because they were normal sized, but they were so smeared you couldn't tell much about them. The cop does a cursory search of the area and finds nothing. Of course you never know what a homeless person might consider to be a meal, but I hardly think my cat would qualify when there is a river below me full of fish. I did think it was odd that my cat would get the crap scared out of her by a human, or that the human would leap to the other deck when my stairs were right there......

Bigfoot as an explanation did not immediately come to mind for at least a year after that incident. It's only been on hind sight after everything else that has happened that the thought occurred to me that bigfoot might have been after my cat that night. Maybe a young one had taken refuge under my deck not realizing I had moved in, I don't know. I've been here long enough that there is a noticeable pattern to these odd things that happen, nothing so dramatic as the first night I was here. I have yet to find a good normal explanation for that night or for anything happening since then. Until I figure out what it is, I'll be interested.

Poor kitty. Glad she escaped from the bf. Is she scared to be outside there ever since then or did she get over it after awhile?

My cat was inside the house one time and he saw a 3ft rat snake on the window sill outside and for the next two weeks he was terrified of that window making sure to watch it constantly until he finally got over it on the third week.

Poor kitty. Glad she escaped from the bf. Is she scared to be outside there ever since then or did she get over it after awhile?

My cat was inside the house one time and he saw a 3ft rat snake on the window sill outside and for the next two weeks he was terrified of that window making sure to watch it constantly until he finally got over it on the third week.

I have to physically pick her up and put her outside if I let her out the back, most of the time she goes out the front door.

Have you tried habituating it or drawing it in for a camera trap to catch it? Throw a pile of sticky syrup covered pancakes out there and see what happens. :)

Hoosier-I actually do have a plan. I think what is traveling through here is a young female because she seems to be more fixated on my brother and his immediate neighbor, also a bachelor, rather than on any of the women here. I don't think habituation is possible since I don't think she is around full time. We may be on her radar unintentionally because of the deer corn left by the neighbor and the cigarette butts left in the ashtray. We have left cigarettes out in an enclosed clear plastic container twice and both times the cigarettes were removed but the container was not resealed. We shall see what happens, everything seems to pick up around here in October/November. If this turns out to be a giant heifer of a raccoon, I'm going to feel pretty ridiculous but relieved at the same time.

I have to physically pick her up and put her outside if I let her out the back, most of the time she goes out the front door.

Is the deck where that happened by the front door or the back?

• masterbarber locked this topic