What Keeps You Interested In Sasquatch

Guest COGrizzly

4 class B encounters in 2 years from my own persistence keeps me going..and I ain't stopping anytime soon :D

This is about the same for me, active field work over last two years yielding multiple class B's just waiting for the closeup A to reach my goal..then off to Walmart for new drawers!

I have a 14 x 14 deck off the back, no deck on the front, just a stoop.

Well it sounds like kittuh doesn't like going out on the deck anymore. Maybe once she's off the deck she's ok though.

Well it sounds like kittuh doesn't like going out on the deck anymore. Maybe once she's off the deck she's ok though.

Seems to be, since that night she doesn't like going out the back door. I doubt she remembers what happened but just associates it with something bad. You know how cats are, they are jumpy like there is danger everywhere, yet they will go and stick their nose in the one thing that will kill them.

Guest Hollywood97

Kind of curious. What exactly keeps someone coming back here to the BFF and being interested in SQ? (I tried looking, thought I saw a thread on this one time B4) I have recently thought what a huge waste of time, yet the thing that keeps me coming back to the BFF is...

1. the people. lots of good people on here still.

2. fun, curious topics...after weeding through the crap.

What about SQ in general? What keeps ya curious?

1. the reports and word of mouth reports no one on the web hears about.

2. just the wonder of mystery in general.

As my "belief" keeps fading, it is still the fact that seemingly sane people keep seeing these things.

Feel free to add any personal sightings...even if you've mentioned them a bazzilion times. Like my track sighting.

Guest Hollywood97

I don't know. Eventhough the P/G Film has been analyzed, discussed and scrutinized to death, I still believe Bigfoot exists. I know it did in 1967 anyway. Again, all one has to do is look at that film. Nobody can walk like that...certainly not a man in a suit. I don't know about you, but if I was going to run through the woods and create a hoax, I surely wouldn't walk in front of a camera that close and in full view. Then we have the gentlemen in the High Siera's in 1973-74 I believe. We can clearly hear a Bigfoot or Bigfeet communicating and perhaps trying to intimidate those guys. The recordings were analyzed and proven to be something beyond human octaves. One curious part of it was the Chinese sounding part of it...like it was speech. It kind of sounded like Bruce Lee or something. There have also been some very credible eyewitnesses over the years. Alot of this gets back to the BFRO pages that credibly answer all questions directed by skeptics. I still believe, and I hope to one day have the opportunity to search myself. I have a sense that they hug the coast in the Northwest near water and caves.

Ya I have 3 Cats, when we moved into Our current House My oldest one was surprised by a Kangaroo at the window and we then had problems with him on that side of the house (urinating etc) and especially that window, Feliway calmed him right down.

Jodie, try some Feliway and her favourite foods to bribe, she should come round.

Neat. Does it have a smell to it that is not pleasant?

My cat would not stay out of the blinds and would tear them up getting into the window to watch for strays in his yard(he used to go outside but is kept inside now) so I got Keep Away from Petco and it worked, but it will leave the smell around the room for a couple hours after you spray it where you will not want to be in it.

Actually to me it smell slightly Floral, and it is available in a plug-in room diffuser version now too, so the entire room becomes a bliss out for the Moggie. As to the Bad behaviour, it might act as a mild chill out, think of it as the feline equivalent of walking into a room full of sedative gas, but not harsh or unnatural

Edited by Yowie

Hi guys,

I haven't really explained why I'm here and what got me into the 'big guy.' At the risk of dating myself, ahem, :rolleyes: I remember when the Patty film made the news. I remember watching the footage on tv and listening to my Dad say what a fake it was. And that there was NO way something like BF could exist. At the time I was nine or ten and remember thinking, "Hmmm, looks real to me!" As time went on we heard more and more about the elusive creature and I always just believed. The more sightings that made the news (the better ones) the more I believed.

Anyway, flash forward. I've grown up in the woods. I would wake up early on Saturday mornings and instead of watching cartoons, I would go over to the 'woods' (a acre or so that was undeveloped) and just wander and wonder at the absolute beauty of it all. I found a TON of morel mushrooms on that property too. :D Dad was a big outdoors-man and belonged to a private fishing lake. I LOVE to fish because of him. My husband and I spent 11 years living right on the Platte River near Fremont Nebraska. Meaning literally, the river was 75 feet out the back door. So, you can see that I'm a nature nut, flower child, old hippie, lol. I've spent tons of hours out in nature.

Then, 13 years ago we moved from the Platte River and headed north to a tiny farming town along the Elkhorn River. The Elkhorn is just a ten minute walk from our house and have spent a lot of time there. The thing is, the woods along the river here have always made me feel watched and uncomfortable. Something I have never, ever felt before. I still walk there, but I am very alert to my surroundings at all times. I carry mace and my knife. Should probably carry a gun but haven't gone there yet.

About two years ago I was in the woods hunting mushrooms in the spring and I ended up going further than ever have. I was along a little creek that runs into the river and suddenly get the overwhelming feeling that I was not alone. Cougars have been spotted in NE lately but, I have always watched for them. I'm no dummy. But this time was different. I was scared. I was walking toward the river to the west and felt like whatever 'it' was, was on my left. I had a jacket on and my mace was in the right pocket. I stuffed my hand into my pocket and grabbed the cylinder and with the next step a HUGE wild turkey stood up and bolted from right in front of me. At the same time I heard a loud movement in the brush to the left and I heard something moved away. Don't know what it was, never got a good look. But let me tell you, I made it home in record time that day. If for no other reason than to change my panties. lol I think something was after that turkey. Darn thing didn't move til I was just about on top of it! For a long time I just thought it was a cougar that day. But recently, with the AP series Finding Bigfoot I started wondering if there could possibly be BF in Nebraska. There are hardly ANY reports here. But, I keep asking myself, "Is it possible?" From there I started watching YouTube and before long I was hooked. lol

That, ladies and gentleman is why I am here. :D

That's interesting Kat. I wouldn't let the lack of publicized reports keep me from considering the possibility. I know there are many more "stories" in my area than ever ended up on an internet site. Living on a river probably would have a lot to do with your experience. There was someone else here from Nebraska that knew of some incidents in your state, I believe a recent new member. Check the new members area and try PM'ing him/her to get the details if you haven't already.

Guest para ape

What keeps me interested is that the bigfoot community continues to try to scientifically prove that bigfoot exist with no sucess and that they keep trying to find the creature with the same results.

I want to see when it's going to dawn on them that this thing isn't physical.

• masterbarber locked this topic